Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizuno 60* MPT11

Actually hawking my Mizuno's for Pings. Found a set of MP 67s used that I love to death, but just can't hit. Going from grain flow forged to some i15 irons I believe, of course keeping the Bridgestone forgeds around just in case.

I've come to the conclusion that I am not good enough for the stiff shafts in my driver and 3 wood. So I need regular shafts. Or maybe just a new driver and 3 wood? A cart bag. My X-22 stand bag just sucks on a cart.

Now, just figuring out what to get.

I've come to the conclusion that I am not good enough for the stiff shafts in my driver and 3 wood. So I need regular shafts. Or maybe just a new driver and 3 wood? A cart bag. My X-22 stand bag just sucks on a cart.

Now, just figuring out what to get.

Before you jump on changing shafts, please listen to this interview.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=8731

Tim Gillis explains a lot about shafts and helps choosing one.

One thing to remember is that one company's stiff shaft could be another company's regular shaft. Getting fit is the best way to help find the right shaft for you.

so I have decided since I dont have the money for new clubs I am just going to re-grip mine. I want to put a white grip on. Does anyone have any suggestions on which grips to look at? I would love some IOMICs but those suckers are not cheap

Check the home page for the review we did on white grips.

I have the Tacki Mac whites on my Ci7's. I like them performance wise, but I know JB and some others in the FL humidity had issues with them feeling slimy. I will say that they look very cool, but are hard to keep clean. Soap and water with a scrub-brush will get them looking good, but it doesn't last long.

Check the home page for the review we did on white grips.

I did, all I saw were the tacki macs, I did not see a review comparing grips.

I have the Tacki Mac whites on my Ci7's. I like them performance wise, but I know JB and some others in the FL humidity had issues with them feeling slimy. I will say that they look very cool, but are hard to keep clean. Soap and water with a scrub-brush will get them looking good, but it doesn't last long.

thanks buddy! So, overall you like them? would you put them on again?

I did, all I saw were the tacki macs, I did not see a review comparing grips.

That is all we got. I did not care for them personally. They were not bad until humidity set in and then it was over. But the real issue was keeping them clean!

I hear ya...I dont know why I want white so bad, I just like the look. I plan on keeping them on for a while, which means playing in a lot of humidity and so those are out for me. Didnt you have some IOMICS at one point? I am guessing any white grips will be hard to keep clean.

The more I use them, the more I like them. At first, I was kind of disappointed that they got dirty so quickly, but I should have expected it. Like I said, they do clean up pretty good. I haven't had any problems with them like the FL guys did. I would put them on again.

I love Lamkin Crosslines... not all white but they get the job done! They can be a little rough.. however the corded ones to me felt a lot softer. Easy to clean in my experience too.

I hear ya...I dont know why I want white so bad, I just like the look. I plan on keeping them on for a while, which means playing in a lot of humidity and so those are out for me. Didnt you have some IOMICS at one point? I am guessing any white grips will be hard to keep clean.

PM me if ya decide on something soon, the GG is shutting up shop down here, grips are 70% off and I'll check on them Wednesday evening! Needless to say I stocked up as well.

I did. I am in the minority, because while they are good, they are not my favorite.

The more I use them, the more I like them. At first, I was kind of disappointed that they got dirty so quickly, but I should have expected it. Like I said, they do clean up pretty good. I haven't had any problems with them like the FL guys did. I would put them on again.

thanks for the info buddy. I am actually worried about the humidity

I love Lamkin Crosslines... not all white but they get the job done! They can be a little rough.. however the corded ones to me felt a lot softer. Easy to clean in my experience too.

the only thing that ever worries me with the cords is it tearing up gloves. I guess I need to just go and feel a lot of grips before I decide.

I actually hated my Iomics One T and not because they were a rainbow of colors either. Just didn't like the way they interacted with my hands.

PM me if ya decide on something soon, the GG is shutting up shop down here, grips are 70% off and I'll check on them Wednesday evening! Needless to say I stocked up as well.

That is incredible, I will prob pick some out and have you snag them up for me, hell, you cant beat 70% off. thanks for the info

I did. I am in the minority, because while they are good, they are not my favorite.

hmmmm, thats interesting. Whats your favorite?

I tried my GG a few days ago and they had grips scattered lol. Hopefully they got something there!

I actually hated my Iomics One T and not because they were a rainbow of colors either. Just didn't like the way they interacted with my hands.

which ones do you have right now Seth?

That is incredible, I will prob pick some out and have you snag them up for me, hell, you cant beat 70% off. thanks for the info

hmmmm, thats interesting. Whats your favorite?

which ones do you have right now Seth?

There is an entire thread on grips and what people like and why that might help you with decisions.

For me, it is the Winn PCI

I have a White Black Widow grip on my driver that I like. Cleans up nicely. Not sure if I would put it on my irons, has a thin feeling to me. I guess you can fix that by adding tape underneath.

Thinking about grabbing a Cleveland Classic putter. Prices are pretty reasonable and I'd like to get a blade style putter to mess around with, without breaking the bank. I thought about buying the Ping putter KellyBo listed in the marketplace, but inquired a little to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back