Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are sweet. I like the copper ones a little more. But you really can't go wrong. The newest ones look slick too. Great putters man.
Thinking about grabbing a Cleveland Classic putter. Prices are pretty reasonable and I'd like to get a blade style putter to mess around with, without breaking the bank. I thought about buying the Ping putter KellyBo listed in the marketplace, but inquired a little to late.

They are sweet. I like the copper ones a little more. But you really can't go wrong. The newest ones look slick too. Great putters man.

yeah I like the look and feel of them. I have an inkling that a Method putter will be mine for the holidays. So I may hold off. Not too many rounds of golf left for me this year. I've only played a couple of times since the outing, its terrible. Hopefully playing in Scranton this weekend, and then catch a round out in PHX in a few weeks.

Thinking about grabbing a Cleveland Classic putter. Prices are pretty reasonable and I'd like to get a blade style putter to mess around with, without breaking the bank. I thought about buying the Ping putter KellyBo listed in the marketplace, but inquired a little to late.

I putted with the new black ones at GG over the weekend. Very nice. The feel great, look great and for that price they can't be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude, get one! Did you listen to the latest Greenside? they talked A LOT about these. I think if you havent heard it, that will make up your mind.

I have the Classic #4 and its a good putter. Its a little heavy for my liking but its very nice looking. I got the 340g it comes in 330g also.

I am looking to buy a new sand wedge... My CG14 is looking a bit worn. Thinking about the new Spinner shaft... And I dug the Mizunos I tried while using their shaft optimizer fitting tool... So I may go for a T-11 when I see them in the stores.
I also would like to try a better shft in my fairway woods, but how can I try them? I don't think any of the shops have a fitting rig for fairway wood shafts. Besides, I can get a whole new club for the price of the shaft!

I am looking to buy a new sand wedge... My CG14 is looking a bit worn. Thinking about the new Spinner shaft... And I dug the Mizunos I tried while using their shaft optimizer fitting tool... So I may go for a TP-11 when I see them in the stores.
I also would like to try a better shft in my fairway woods, but how can I try them? I don't think any of the shops have a fitting rig for fairway wood shafts. Besides, I can get a whole new club for the price of the shaft!

THP Outing perhaps. But in reality, work with what you have. Try driver shafts, see what is working well and then work on trying some stock options on FW woods and see what it does with the ball flight. Then adjust accordingly.

Two taboo items...hehe

SGI irons that have iron covers. I must not be a serious golfer.

ad415588-d7e1-40b6.jpg

ad415588-d7f4-b0ab.jpg

JB I can't twist my head around enough to make those out, are they Cleveland HiBore Irons? Just going from what looks like a HB on the cover

I love those irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking at these because they still might be available at golf galaxy.

You going to review them? Or possibly game them? We all know you aren't serious. You ride a cart and game a niblick. Haha. I laughed.

You gonna start gaming those?

I love those irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking at these because they still might be available at golf galaxy.

You going to review them? Or possibly game them? We all know you aren't serious. You ride a cart and game a niblick. Haha. I laughed.

lmao.. I never knew just how serious he wasnt.

Both! and heck yeah I am not serious. I play golf and have fun.

SGI irons that have iron covers. I must not be a serious golfer.

Come on man, play forged blades or go home hehe

The hibore irons were fairly popular up here when they first came out. People seemed to like them more than the Cobra Transition irons.

I just wanted to use multi quote.

Forged! FTW!

Now you know OEM! He is so unserious that he might be serious now.

Golf is about fun. I love the fact you are a single digit player who plays what he wants. I love that most on the forum feel the same. Im excited to hear the wassup with the wassup on these. I may see if I can afford to buy the set sitting at Golf Galaxy. I could play a mix of machspeed and HB3's.
Come on man, play forged blades or go home hehe

The hibore irons were fairly popular up here when they first came out. People seemed to like them more than the Cobra Transition irons.

Both! and heck yeah I am not serious. I play golf and have fun.

lmao.. I never knew just how serious he wasnt.

I can't decide between the Mizuno JPX800 and JPX800 Pro. My current set of irons are cavity muscle back and I am hitting them pretty decently on the range, but when I take it out to the course, I usually don't hit it as well as at the range and the mis-hit are very punishing. So, I am looking for a new set of that is a little more forgiving when I am out playing and I have narrow it down to the JPX800 Pro after trying them out at the store. However, yesterday when I THOUGHT I was ready to order the 800 Pro, I tried hitting the regular JPX800 while I was waiting and my first reaction after the first hit was, OH WOW! This thing is so super easy and forgiving to hit, because on my first hit into the simulator, I hit it 181 yds dead straight. So, I went back and forth between the 800 and 800 Pro for about 20 mins, I was consistently hitting the 800 around 180+ yds and the Pro around 175. I ended up walking out of the store w/o my order because I am split between the player look & feel of the Pro but the easy and forgiveness of the 800.

I guess it depends what you are looking for from your iron. In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, I want something that is easier to hit and makes me a better golfer. Others struggle with setup or looks and need something different out of their clubs.

I guess it depends what you are looking for from your iron. In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, I want something that is easier to hit and makes me a better golfer. Others struggle with setup or looks and need something different out of their clubs.

I preferred my irons to have a thinner topline when I am looking down and I find the JPXs acceptable in that category. I am looking for a set that is easier to hit (compare to my current set, both JPXs definitely fit my need) and still have some workability. I don't care as much as the distance, because both JPXs are certainly longer than my current one (by a club). I just wish I can find a store near me where I can try them both side by side hitting them outside to see, that would definitely make my purchase decision easier.

Anyone ever heard of a "House of Forged Patriot" shaft? I am looking at a driver on Ebay with this shaft in it.

Any thoughts on what type of shaft this is or what type of player it is made for?

thanks!

I preferred my irons to have a thinner topline when I am looking down and I find the JPXs acceptable in that category. I am looking for a set that is easier to hit (compare to my current set, both JPXs definitely fit my need) and still have some workability. I don't care as much as the distance, because both JPXs are certainly longer than my current one (by a club). I just wish I can find a store near me where I can try them both side by side hitting them outside to see, that would definitely make my purchase decision easier.

THP Demo Day seems perfect, however that is not until May for the next one. I have played both sets quite a bit and can work both sets up and down and left and right with no issues at all.

Anyone ever heard of a "House of Forged Patriot" shaft? I am looking at a driver on Ebay with this shaft in it.

Any thoughts on what type of shaft this is or what type of player it is made for?

thanks!

Company that makes a lot of shafts for long drivers. Tried a few of them and did not care for them really. Some people swear by them though. Im a firm believer in only buying shafts that are fit for ones game. But it is strictly my opinion.

" i'm pondering a ghost. not the daytona but the original ghost. it intrigues me. "

I just bought one off ebay the other day. Got it re gripped with a tiger shark grip since the guy had some huge 2 thumb grip on it.

Gonna go to the putting green Friday afternoon to a test drive...I mean roll..?? You get the picture lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back