Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear. Ill be waiting with excitement!
Some new stuff arrived today that we cannot put up yet due to embargo dates, but lets just say I will be hitting balls all weekend and testing some gear out. We should be able to put up pictures of everything next week for everybody.

I love when the THP birdie sings!
Some new stuff arrived today that we cannot put up yet due to embargo dates, but lets just say I will be hitting balls all weekend and testing some gear out. We should be able to put up pictures of everything next week for everybody.

can't wait to hear/see what some of the new stuff is

Fantastic JB!!! Im anxious to see hat you got in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waaaaay ahead of myself but I need something to do during these cold and snowy months (besides hitting the gym and hitting balls indoors...), which is ramble about gear. Gonna be playing Taylor Made gear this season and their new lineup is really something (by the looks of it). Been doing some (OK, a lot) of research before I get fitted but this is what I'm looking at for the moment.

I've had my FT Tour for less than a season, so I'm hesitant to switch from that. I really like it and I can control it well and I've found my safety shot off the tee with it (a 250 yard stinger which is great in windy conditions). But the adjustability in the R11 is so tempting and the Superfast 2.0 looks sweet too.

My 3-wood (15.5 degrees) has been in the bag for several years and I'll probably go for a 14-degree R11. I really being able to adjust the loft in that one. Then probably a rescue of some sort in there (21 degrees?), to replace my 3-iron. I find the higher launch of a rescue makes me hit it farther than an iron with a corresponding loft. Length of the club also plays in, of course. That'd leave me with a 10.5-14-21 gap for the longer clubs, which I like having for options off the tee and reaching par 5s in two, where I think I can improve a lot.

Right now I'm looking at the TP MCs in 4-6 and then 7-PW in TP MB. Maybe go 4-5 and 7-PW. I've had 2-PW setup for ages and I'll throw in my 2-iron when the course demands it. I'll probably get a 3-iron as well, just in case. I'll go with a rescue instead, so I'll be able to hold the green a bit easier from 210-220 yards.

I've had a PW-52-56-60 setup for several years, but I'll probably go with the XFT wedges and have a PW-54-60 lineup. Might bend the 54 to a 53 to get an even spacing between the 47 degree PW. No idea what bounces I'll opt for, but I usually favor the 60 degree in the bunker unless it's a longer shot which I rarely face. I like to hit them high and with little roll. I hit my LW 95 yards and I don't want to go for a 58, because of the added distance

And of course, one of these daddies:
TM_StaffBag_WhtRedBlk_2016.png

I'm waaaaay ahead of myself but I need something to do during these cold and snowy months (besides hitting the gym and hitting balls indoors...), which is ramble about gear. Gonna be playing Taylor Made gear this season and their new lineup is really something (by the looks of it). Been doing some (OK, a lot) of research before I get fitted but this is what I'm looking at for the moment.

I've had my FT Tour for less than a season, so I'm hesitant to switch from that. I really like it and I can control it well and I've found my safety shot off the tee with it (a 250 yard stinger which is great in windy conditions). But the adjustability in the R11 is so tempting and the Superfast 2.0 looks sweet too.

My 3-wood (15.5 degrees) has been in the bag for several years and I'll probably go for a 14-degree R11. I really being able to adjust the loft in that one. Then probably a rescue of some sort in there (21 degrees?), to replace my 3-iron. I find the higher launch of a rescue makes me hit it farther than an iron with a corresponding loft. Length of the club also plays in, of course. That'd leave me with a 10.5-14-21 gap for the longer clubs, which I like having for options off the tee and reaching par 5s in two, where I think I can improve a lot.

Right now I'm looking at the TP MCs in 4-6 and then 7-PW in TP MB. Maybe go 4-5 and 7-PW. I've had 2-PW setup for ages and I'll throw in my 2-iron when the course demands it. I'll probably get a 3-iron as well, just in case. I'll go with a rescue instead, so I'll be able to hold the green a bit easier from 210-220 yards.

I've had a PW-52-56-60 setup for several years, but I'll probably go with the XFT wedges and have a PW-54-60 lineup. Might bend the 54 to a 53 to get an even spacing between the 47 degree PW. No idea what bounces I'll opt for, but I usually favor the 60 degree in the bunker unless it's a longer shot which I rarely face. I like to hit them high and with little roll. I hit my LW 95 yards and I don't want to go for a 58, because of the added distance

Wouldnt you use the current staff bag?

Maybe I would, I haven't seen it? It's not overly important anyways.

sounds like you need a THP demo day

Not really, I'll try them out at TMs Performance Centre here in Sweden. Not that I wouldn't mind going to FLA and tearing it up with you guys. :)

Great to hear. Be waiting to see what is new coming out....

I hope JB has new drivers and we pictures of them.

Since I've been crushing my hybrid lately, I am even more interested in trying a hybrid replacement for my 3W. Even though, it will probably have to wait until next year (or Christmas...).

I got a coupon in my email for a free launch monitor assessment to be used by 1/31/11. I think I am going to bring my SuperTri and Diablo driver and see which one gives me the better numbers. I'll also be able to try some different shafts in the supertri too.

I'm pondering all clubs that are white now. Interest level is high. Especially in the R11 Rescue. May have to have a Mashie v R11 Rescue hybrid showdown at the THP Outing in May

i sure do like the i15's and the Ci9's myself. a ton of guys liked the J38's at the outing, i can't hit them. it depends on how much you want to spend as well. the Ci9's can be had affordably right now, but the Ping's are great b/c anyone who stocks them usually has a killer fitting cart.

I know being a snake man this sounds odd but I have had lustful thoughts towards the Ping i15's. They look pretty awesome and I might have to demo a set in the near future. You know, to scratch an itch if nothing else.

With the new white Taylor Made hybrids I have to admit Im doing a little pondering again about hybrids. Mashie. Taylor Made Rescue 11. Titleist 910H. Too bad one of these wont be at the outing.

With the new white Taylor Made hybrids I have to admit Im doing a little pondering again about hybrids. Mashie. Taylor Made Rescue 11. Titleist 910H. Too bad one of these wont be at the outing.

We have not made any announcements about what will or will not be at the outing. The first outing had all three brands. The 2nd only had 2 of the three. We will see what the 3rd outing has soon.

Even between the Mashie and Rescue 11 I think you'll have lots to ponder. The 11 is just sick looking. I'm pondering that myself. But then again, I've been pondering the entire White TM line up all morning and afternoon now too.

You're gonna be able to wait that long? I'm hoping that the said hybrid will make it and you never know we got to hit this year's GD hot list gold medal recipient in irons from that company 2 years ago at the 1st outing. :D

Man, winter's getting to some of you guys. Tm rescue over the mashie! You guys are nuts.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

We have not made any announcements about what will or will not be at the outing. The first outing had all three brands. The 2nd only had 2 of the three. We will see what the 3rd outing has soon.

Sorry made a little assumption there. With all the new stuff coming out look forward to seeing what makes it to the next outing. Lots of pondering to be done.

You're gonna be able to wait that long? I'm hoping that the said hybrid will make it and you never know we got to hit this year's GD hot list gold medal recipient in irons from that company 2 years ago at the 1st outing. :D

2 years ago? I want your calendar.

Man, winter's getting to some of you guys. Tm rescue over the mashie! You guys are nuts.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

TC, I haven't seen a course in 3 months! Of course winter's getting to us!! Golf withdrawl!

Last edited:
2 years ago? I want your calendar.

Was it really only a year ago? Damn, been watching too much Lost I guess.

Just sayin we got some new players in this hybrid arena. I like to be open minded. :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back