Eschelon Golf Course, Atlanta, GA

campilobaxter

Mustachioed Root Vegetable
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in town and looking to play a few times this week. I played Wolf Creek yesterday, which was fun and inexpensive, albeit a little rough due to the heat and the greens being punched.

I'm looking to play a slightly nicer course. Eschelon came up on Golf Now as a highly reviewed course. Looks like it will be $69 before 4, and $49 after 4. I want to make sure I get in 18 holes, so I'm thinking of the earlier time. My question is, is the course worth $69 in the afternoon?

I'm in town and looking to play a few times this week. I played Wolf Creek yesterday, which was fun and inexpensive, albeit a little rough due to the heat and the greens being punched.

I'm looking to play a slightly nicer course. Eschelon came up on Golf Now as a highly reviewed course. Looks like it will be $69 before 4, and $49 after 4. I want to make sure I get in 18 holes, so I'm thinking of the earlier time. My question is, is the course worth $69 in the afternoon?

Reese Jones design I hear it’s nice @SouthernShred can tell you all about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whattya want to know? Used to be the home club for the Georgia Tech team before they deemed it too hard. The tips are 7700 but there is a nice mix you can play around 6500 I think. There are a lot of forced carries and some very picturesque holes. There is one par 3 very similar to 12 at Augusta. It is usually in amazing shape and my friend Jeff owns the place. It is a demanding course...take extra balls lol. Fairways or die

Whattya want to know? Used to be the home club for the Georgia Tech team before they deemed it too hard. The tips are 7700 but there is a nice mix you can play around 6500 I think. There are a lot of forced carries and some very picturesque holes. There is one par 3 very similar to 12 at Augusta. It is usually in amazing shape and my friend Jeff owns the place. It is a demanding course...take extra balls lol. Fairways or die
Dang, sounds nasty! Might have to give it a try. Thanks Shred.

Also, you can tell the original developers started running out of money around hole 13 or 24. The layouts become simpler, not quite as dramatic.

Also, you can tell the original developers started running out of money around hole 13 or 24. The layouts become simpler, not quite as dramatic.
Haha. So if I can keep my balls through 13, I might be okay.

The only course I’ve played in GA! I had a lot of fun on this course with THPers on my Masters trip. The front is awesome, pretty standard but “big”. The back is wild how vertical it is. I’d say worth the $.

Back