I will say that ESPN+ has been excellent as a source of coverage for many sports for me, between hockey, golf, and even soccer right now for Cal.

With that said, it's verging on useless Saturday/Sunday afternoons, which could be improved a lot. Even if the featured coverage is just a couple guys near the top I'm good with that - but it's a throwaway experience to watch on ESPN+ instead of cable on the weekend.

I have the Disney/ESPN+ bundle. I'm not surprised it's going up. :eek: It's definitely time to cut the cord from cable though.

Is anything raised it's price like that, I'm out. Have up Netflix for the same reason. Definitely don't use ESPN+ enough for it to matter. Currently pay fpr Peacock and Paramount + for soccer but if those prices raise in a dramatic fashion, let's just say VPNs are nice.

Not surprised it's going up. They have a lot of content on there and honestly more than I thought. I think it I didnt have the bundle, I might spring for this one given all the soccer and F1 content i get. I occasionally use it for golf and have been using it less and less lately.

I will keep it. We watch a ton of college lacrosse in my house in addition to the golf content. It is worth it to me.

i have a love hate relationship with streaming but the increase still seems worth it. I will say that it seems like we have come full circle when it comes to pricing for streaming in general. For me to watch everything I want to watch we basically pay the same price as cable. The only difference is there are some things I can’t watch on cable

i have a love hate relationship with streaming but the increase still seems worth it. I will say that it seems like we have come full circle when it comes to pricing for streaming in general. For me to watch everything I want to watch we basically pay the same price as cable. The only difference is there are some things I can’t watch on cable
So true, right?
Experts said this going in. That while everybody thinks they want a la carte, the minute you see the costs its going to get pricey. ESPN has always been the most expensive and will continue to be by a large margin. But now mainstream antenna networks, that have always been free, are charging for their apps such as Paramount, Peacock, etc.

I will keep it. We watch a ton of college lacrosse in my house in addition to the golf content. It is worth it to me.
This. I was shocked at the amount of college lacrosse they have.

Time to switch to the bundle since I had to start paying for Disney too after the free period expired.

I’ve been thinking the assorted streaming services we buy are a waste, and about dropping stuff. This may well push me over the edge to start with ESPN+. It’s more about me wanting to downsize than relative value/cost of the ESPN+ service.

Thankfully, already included with my phone service. Not really affecting me too much.

I seriously blame golf for this, so you're welcome rest of sports world. You could watch that one MLB game, or hockey of some kind, maybe a tennis or soccer match, and then one day I had 70 hours (per day) of recorded golf coverage during tournaments. Groups, holes, main feed, etc. Said to the wife, 'oh they're gonna raise the price on this. Is this part of our Verizon or Hulu package?'

I'm not an ESPN+ subscriber. I don't have young children so Disney+ isn't something I have either.

Due to the price increase, I'm not interested. I wasn't interested before but I'm really not interested now.

So true, right?
Experts said this going in. That while everybody thinks they want a la carte, the minute you see the costs its going to get pricey. ESPN has always been the most expensive and will continue to be by a large margin. But now mainstream antenna networks, that have always been free, are charging for their apps such as Paramount, Peacock, etc.
And it seems like Paramount is going to start ditching some of their shows and cable and show them exclusively through their service. When we moved we decided to try streaming and it sucked without the live TV packages which are basically the same cost as cable. It’s fine now but it’s annoying trying to scroll through 4 different apps in order to find something to watch

I would venture a guess that we do see a hike there at some point in the near future. While Disney doesnt have to pay a ton of rights deals like ESPN for TV, the subscriber growth is undeniable and at some point it will hit $20 for the package.
I would probably drop netflix at that point. This bundle gives us a ton of value

I hate it. But I will keep it..

I get the Disney bundle for free through my Verizon subscription, wonder if that will be changing and they start to charge a little for it each month

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the conversation pop up. Hopefully it stays free as part of our Verizon plan.

I wonder if the increase is also a ploy to get more bundle subscribers.

I was on the original Deal with Disney+ and one price for a three-year subscription was 169 total. That is coming up and I added the bundle.

Disney bundle is still a good deal. I am more likely to drop another subscription if I need to offset a price hike

I will have to reconsider, especially since I'll be dropping cable tv here in the next month. Like @Canadan said, the weekend coverage sucks for golf. Wish they at least had some featured groups. Luckily I'm close enough to Chicago an antenna will pick up the network weekend coverage.

No I am not. Too many sites wanting $4 here and $9 there a month can add up quick. Currently in Appt that provides Golf Channels, and Peacock included as a plan. When we finally move back into a house I will be installing a OTA antenna and using my Tivos again. The pic quality is so much better than the compressed crud supplied by Xfinity.

Back