RIP to Mike and Mike on ESPN radio. They were great together.
I could listen to ESPN radio from 5 am until I went to bed 10+ years ago. We had Mike and Mike, the Herd, Doug Gotleib, Erik Killisius, SVP, And so many other great radio.

Don't watch much of it anymore but may tune into Pardon the Interruption or Around the Horn from time to time

The formula doesn't work anymore. It is there for games. Guys like Stephen A and even Vital ,Tony K are just hard to listen to. I prefer local writers for local sports and ESPN to watch the games.

I don't remember any political sports highlights lately.

Their talking heads are annoying. The reality, most sports channels during the day are just punditry and screaming characters. They're all annoying.

But ESPN has been in trouble for years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not sports highlights per se but during highlights they will stop in go into....um, let's just call it a non sports highlight talking point.

ESPN has gone so far downhill.

I don't watch anything other than actual sporting events on there.

Pretty much this!

Aside from Gameday and live sports I rarely turn ESPN on anymore

I do like college GameDay and baseball tonight. Also really like the fantasy football show on Sunday mornings.

ESPN for me, has gone the way of MTV and CMT....

Only watch ESPN for live sports anymore and I will stream the 30 for 30's.

I mentioned this in another thread but if you just want sports talk (and some cool dog videos) try VSIN if you get it. It's from a gambling perspective but it's just sports. They also have Michael Lombardi on in afternoon and be breaks down NFL better than anyone I can remember.

I watch golf on ESPN+ And some college football.

miss Dan Patrick and Stuart Scott on SC

Not sports highlights per se but during highlights they will stop in go into....um, let's just call it a non sports highlight talking point.
I haven't noticed that.

I haven't watched ESPN regular programing in probably a good 6 years now. I will check out their 30 for 30's and some other series they run on ESPN+.

I haven't noticed that.
Guess you're watching something else. Pretty sure it's on the internet about espn wanting their on air "talent" to stick to highlights. They also let go some who couldn't follow that.

The only time I tune in to ESPN is for College Game Day and to watch college football. I will watch pro golf when it is on ESPN + since I get that for free through Verizon (wouldn't pay for it). I can't name a single person outside of the college football guys that work at ESPN.

Guess you're watching something else. Pretty sure it's on the internet about espn wanting their on air "talent" to stick to highlights. They also let go some who couldn't follow that.
hmm. I must be missing something from their content then.

Haven't watched ESPN in years never even had a membership and really have no need or desire to get one now

Are around the horn and PTI still around? And if so are they still fun?
They got pretty bad IMO. Particularly ATH. Lost alot of their better analysts/commentators. Those two shows were so good for a time though

Very rarely watch it anymore. Mostly just live CFB.

Live sports for me. The internet in our pocket made SportsCenter obsolete.

I thought their Stanley Cup coverage this year was painful to listen to at times. Missing key aspects of games and match-ups, getting too many names wrong, poor production decisions. As just one of many many examples, right when Cale Makar, the big story and MVP of the playoffs, was just about to hoist his first cup, they cut away to an interview. How do you not show that? Mispronouncing the names of multiple premier players in several series. Cutting away right when Tony DeAngelo, who had been cut by the Rangers, was about to shake hands with the player he had been in an altercation with (that led to the cutting)? Countless little things that a team more immersed in the sport they were covering might have gotten right.

Last edited:
Back