Euro 2012 (Spoilers)

Golf Pride Grips

gillesam

Gleddoch's Mr 22%
Reaction score
Handicap
Well Ronaldo finally brought his club form to the tournament last night and got Portugal through, he could have had 3 or 4 by the end of the game. I had expected the Dutch to come close to winning the tournament after the world cup but they were awful.

Will be interesting to see if Italy can get through tonight or if Spain & Croatia will somehow manage to draw 2-2 so they both go through.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I was surprised by the Dutch's efforts as well. I reckon I could watch Wesley Schneider all the time though. I like that dude.

The Portugese are fun to watch. I love how much Ronaldo got the ball yesterday. He's brilliant.

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Ronaldo is a great player, no doubt, but there is just something that I am annoyed at about him...I suppose it's his personality.

[snow]

Reaction score
Handicap
I was surprised by the Dutch's efforts as well. I reckon I could watch Wesley Schneider all the time though. I like that dude.

The Portugese are fun to watch. I love how much Ronaldo got the ball yesterday. He's brilliant.
Don't like it much.
Ronaldo's extremely good of course, but sometimes it seems like all the strategy is "give him the ball and hope for a miracle"

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Don't like it much.
Ronaldo's extremely good of course, but sometimes it seems like all the strategy is "give him the ball and hope for a miracle"
I agree. They are a bit dependent but I reckon he's a good player to game plan around.

Ze Germans look real good. Question: what kind of German has the last name Gomez? That's kind of funny.

[snow]

Reaction score
Handicap
He's half spanish, fathers side.

We have several other guys with non german names and backgrounds. Khedira, Özil, Podolski, Klose, Boateng generally on the pitch, and i think Gündogan's on the bench.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
He's half spanish, fathers side.

We have several other guys with non german names and backgrounds. Khedira, Özil, Podolski, Klose, Boateng generally on the pitch, and i think Gündogan's on the bench.
Cool. I liek Ze Germans. I like Boateng. He's a fearless defender. My favorite part of the Euro Cup is seeing all the tats.

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
It is going to be pretty different once Rooney rejoins the brits. one two punch with Carroll providing the aerial support.

gillesam

Gleddoch's Mr 22%
Reaction score
Handicap
It is going to be pretty different once Rooney rejoins the brits. one two punch with Carroll providing the aerial support.
I'd like to point out that it is England that are in the Euros and not Britain, come the Olympics it will be Britain.

interlooper

Reaction score
Handicap
I'd like to point out that it is England that are in the Euros and not Britain, come the Olympics it will be Britain.
For crying out loud...

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
God save the Queen!

Go Britannia! LOL

Rooney!!!! I busted out some FIFA 2011 on the PS last night.

interlooper

Reaction score
Handicap
God save the Queen!

Go Britannia! LOL

Rooney!!!! I busted out some FIFA 2011 on the PS last night.
You should definitely play out some of the upcoming games and tell us the results. It will be like a prediction test via PS3.

Spicy Faiz

Reaction score
Handicap
Ronaldo is a great player, no doubt, but there is just something that I am annoyed at about him...I suppose it's his personality.
I think it's the way he runs. Like something got stuck in his ass ;) ..... But he is a great player. I do think Portugal will reach the finals... With Nani, Pepe and Ronaldo, this team is a nightmare for every defense.

I apologise again for the poor effords of the Dutch squat. It will be a good thing to change the team drastically, before starting the next qualifying round in September. Get rid off the big names, time for some fresh blood.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
What a goal by Balotelli!

He's not my favorite player at all, but you can't deny his ability.

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
I think it's the way he runs. Like something got stuck in his ass ;) ..... But he is a great player. I do think Portugal will reach the finals... With Nani, Pepe and Ronaldo, this team is a nightmare for every defense.

I apologise again for the poor effords of the Dutch squat. It will be a good thing to change the team drastically, before starting the next qualifying round in September. Get rid off the big names, time for some fresh blood.
Van Bommel needs to be the first to go, followed closely by robben.

gillesam

Gleddoch's Mr 22%
Reaction score
Handicap
Italy looked better last night and Balotelli scored a great goal. Spain did just enough to go through, they look as if they will be difficult to beat even if they are not scoring many.

I think France will go through and I would expect England to do enough against Ukraine to join them.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
What a goal by Balotelli!

He's not my favorite player at all, but you can't deny his ability.
Agreed. But you could just tell after the goal he wanted to say something towards the team for not starting him. He looked mighty pissed for someone that just scored a goal. Not sure who it was that came over to him and out their hand over his mouth but that was a pretty smart move. It seems like the whole team knows he is a big child and they all just tried to stop him from doing something stupid.

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Wayne Rooney is about to go beastmode on Ukraine.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap

arydolphin

GTHC!
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
I wonder if they'll riot over there in Ukraine if/when they get eliminated in group play.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm way too excited for this game. Watch England lay a turd and disappoint all of their fans.
There's something so satisfying about hearing a Doctor use the expression "lay a turd".

Love it!

MDV123

Reaction score
England looks so passive I'm not sure they're even laying a turd - it's more like they're constipated.

perhaps taking the metaphor too far...

arydolphin

GTHC!
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There's something so satisfying about hearing a Doctor use the expression "lay a turd".

Love it!
It's worked its way into my vocabulary thanks to you. Trust me, pediatricians need to have a lot of different words for poop other than "s---", that doesn't work so well around kids.

England is so funny to me, their fans think that their team is so freaking good, and they consistently disappoint them.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in