captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haven't seen a thread discussing the Euro 2020 tournament which got underway on Friday.

Denmark's Christian Eriksen, who collapsed on the field Saturday and was resuscitated using CPR appears to be in stable condition.

Netherlands vs Ukraine featured 5 goals in the second half. Two spectacular goals by Ukraine to tie the game late, and a good header for the Netherlands to win the game late.

Poland vs their neighbors to the south, Slovakia today at noon Eastern. After Poland's poor showing in the last World Cup, I am looking forward to seeing better form from them this year.

There have been a number of posts in the general soccer 2020/2021 thread

Haven’t tuned in at all yet, but have Scotland v Czech Republic on in the background this morning.

very interesting game coming up with Spain vs Sweden

Poland, yet again disappoint with a 2-1 loss, including an own goal. The first own goal by a goalkeeper in European Championship history... :sick:

Turkey vs Wales gives an odd visual out of context.

That was a great Welsh goal!!!

Huge game today! I seriously considered phoning in sick today, especially as it’s a noon game which means the pub will be showing the game. Instead, I’ll lock myself away in the office, turn my phone onto mute and watch game hopefully undisturbed!

Argh! Free header denied by the post!

Argh! Free header denied by the post!
How ugly would it be for England to lose to Scotland?

I also never understand how England isn't always in the semi's & finals for the Euros and WC.
There is more than plenty of talent.

How ugly would it be for England to lose to Scotland?

I also never understand how England isn't always in the semi's & finals for the Euros and WC.
That’s what everyone in England says before, during and after international competitions 🤣.

Gotta say, half time and Scotland look like they want this more than we do.

There isn’t an Englishman on this planet that hasn’t asked the same question many many times.

Not taking anything away from Scotland, but this has been an absolute crock of shite from England!!!

Well, I think this calls for some scotch tonight.

If England want to progress through the knockout stages, there is going to have to be a significant improvement. England looked like they were just going through the motions.

There isn’t an Englishman on this planet that hasn’t asked the same question many many times.
I guess there's a bit of try-to-hard combined with fear to make the big mistake, knowing the Press will crucify them.
The proverbially between a rock and hard place.

Now this is over, back to Torrey Pines

Big game coming, Germany Portugal. Keeping a close eye on this group as England will be playing the 2nd placed team if they finish top of the group. You can never write off those Germans. They have a habit of getting results.

Germany have just entered Euro 2020! They are looking pretty handy right now.

I hope England are conserving something in this second half for the knockout games, because on this performance, they aren’t going much further than the last 16!

Cheering on France and Hungary pretty hard here.

Boom! Allez Les Blues!!!!! Come Hungary, get that win against the Germans!

Looking forward to the knockout rounds now.

Germany it is then!

Back