Euro League Soccer Discussion 2014/15 Season

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The World Cup is coming to a close on Sunday, but the club transfer window is heating up already. The exhibitions are close and the start of the season is right around the corner.

Hurray for year round futbol!

Also, go Arsenal. Victory through harmony.

Big news from North London today.

Tottenham resigned Hugo Lloris to a new five-year deal, a man who many thought would seek a transfer to a bigger power. So still kind of a win there.

Tottenham resigned Hugo Lloris to a new five-year deal, a man who many thought would seek a transfer to a bigger power. So still kind of a win there.

That is a good job keeping him at the club. He is a pretty darn good keeper. He didn't get a lot of playing time in the WC, that is most likely what limited his options.

That is a good job keeping him at the club. He is a pretty darn good keeper. He didn't get a lot of playing time in the WC, that is most likely what limited his options.

Other than the fact that they lost in the quarters, I think was the starter throughout for France.

Dude had to play out of his mind last year to make up for that sieve of a defense at Spurs. Wouldn't have blamed him if he wanted to move on, but glad he's back.

Other than the fact that they lost in the quarters, I think was the starter throughout for France.

Dude had to play out of his mind last year to make up for that sieve of a defense at Spurs. Wouldn't have blamed him if he wanted to move on, but glad he's back.

Dangit. You're right. For some reason I thought he was Dutch.

I'm not to bright right.

Dangit. You're right. For some reason I thought he was Dutch.

I'm not to bright right.

You knew he played in the World Cup...that's enough for me to excuse anything else.

My boys Olympiacos FC have been doing great this transfer season. I love the new guys they are brining and some experience.

So far this week alone we signed Kasami, Abidal, Masuaku, Dossevi, Paulido & Elabdellaoui.

Yea Eric Freaken Abidal.

At least I'm chatting with you about Spurs.

Yep, I think it is just me an Interlooper normally. I adopted them because Dempsey was playing there and I needed an EPL team to follow.

Can't wait for EPL to restart. The World Cup has been an awesome interlude, but I miss my Saturday/Sunday morning games.

My boys Olympiacos FC have been doing great this transfer season. I love the new guys they are brining and some experience.

So far this week alone we signed Kasami, Abidal, Masuaku, Dossevi, Paulido & Elabdellaoui.

Yea Eric Freaken Abidal.

My other European club team is Celtic in Scotland, but I don't find them as much fun to follow anymore since they would have to majorly screw up not to win the SPL right now. You may have a much stronger tie to Olympiacos than I do to Celtic, but looks like they are kind of in a similar boat having won the Greek league like 14 of the last 18 years.

I need to pick a club to support. I know the big names, but don't really have a preference.

Man U is going to come back this year guns a blazin (I hope)

Man U is going to come back this year guns a blazin (I hope)

article-2544925-1AE9D6D900000578-834_624x599.jpg

Good work Blu for starting the thread I can't wait for the season to start.

Stoke has done some good things this offseason really just hope they can build on the success of last year.

Good work Blu for starting the thread I can't wait for the season to start.

Stoke has done some good things this offseason really just hope they can build on the success of last year.

I am actually very much surprised by what the British Government did to US player Juan Agudelo. Denying him a work permit because the FA wants more British talent in the Premiership. Really screwed Stoke out of that one

I'm a Barca fan, and it makes me sick to hear that they are going to sign Suarez. They have needs at other positions that are much more pressing than striker, but I guess they have to make a big splash after Real Madrid won the Champions League.

That is awesome!!

I was really surprised to see David Luiz leaving Chelsea for PSG - adding a great player to a terrific team!
I haven't seen what ManU has done recently.

I'm a Barca fan, and it makes me sick to hear that they are going to sign Suarez. They have needs at other positions that are much more pressing than striker, but I guess they have to make a big splash after Real Madrid won the Champions League.

I'm with you. I don't know how much of an upgrade Suarez is over Alexis.

I am actually very much surprised by what the British Government did to US player Juan Agudelo. Denying him a work permit because the FA wants more British talent in the Premiership. Really screwed Stoke out of that one
Damn I didn't hear about that I have to so some more research. Actually have some time now that the WC is virtually over.

I am really still learning about the Premier League and the way it operates but that doesn't surprise me. Maybe they are also a little salty about the way England finished in the WC haha

Damn I didn't hear about that I have to so some more research. Actually have some time now that the WC is virtually over.

I am really still learning about the Premier League and the way it operates but that doesn't surprise me. Maybe they are also a little salty about the way England finished in the WC haha

It started last summer. Look it up. It will piss you off

My other European club team is Celtic in Scotland, but I don't find them as much fun to follow anymore since they would have to majorly screw up not to win the SPL right now. You may have a much stronger tie to Olympiacos than I do to Celtic, but looks like they are kind of in a similar boat having won the Greek league like 14 of the last 18 years.
Yes that is the case. We look forward to CL games more than anything. After winning the last 20 championships and we can win it with our youth squad there isn't any competition.

But I have serious ties. I travelled all of Europe following them. I have gone through a lot. My best memories as a youth I owe it to that club.

Madrid, Turin, Monaco, Odessa, Rekiavik, Manchester, I've been everywhere.

And what's awesome they are coming to Toronto July 24th for the Champions Cup against AC Milan.

I can't wait.

Marouane Fellaini cut his hair off. Now he can be completely anonymous in the Man U midfield.

It started last summer. Look it up. It will piss you off
Oh man I just did some reading that is garbage. Guy in the article I read was talking about how he will have to go to Germany Spain or France to prove himself and then he will get 10 million in the EPL.

He was on loan to Hanover I believe.

Random question, how do the teams determine who they will play in the pre-season?

Back