Euro Tour championship: Rory Blowup

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Can someone explain what went down this morning on the Euro Tour?

Rory had the lead going into the final round today on the euro tour championship . He apparently blew it but I didn’t see what happened. Apparently some bad break off the flagstick? After losing he apparently ripped his shirt :LOL:

2D96DDB6-388A-48C3-B8E2-BFB3786DE6E0.jpeg

Colin Morikawa won the tournament and the Race to Dubai. Hell of a season for him overseas. Funny to see an American dominate the two major championships Europe has to offer.

Just saw that pic of Torn Rory on twitter. Is that a fashion statement - is the nipple polo next?

What the… can’t wait to hear this story

Rory was tied for the lead in the 15th hole and gets a bad break where his ball hits the stick in the air and goes into the bunker. He fails to get it up and down. He bogeys 3 of the last 4 to tied for 6th. The pictures of the ripped shirt have surfaced. Wonder if the bad break spiraled that round out of control.

Merged threads

After doing some research Rory and Colin were tied on 15 for the lead.

Rory hit the flagstick and bounced back into the bunker. Hit didn’t get up and down and bogeyed.

He then bogeyed the next hole as well, and Morikawa birdied the last two down the stretch to seal it.

Looks like Rory may have felt a little frustration “officially” passing the torch as the next big phenom on tour.

This is a big leap from the Rory that was having difficulty finding motivation for golf after his daughter was born. This is the Rory that is going to dominate again

Rory after his round

This is a big leap from the Rory that was having difficulty finding motivation for golf after his daughter was born. This is the Rory that is going to dominate again
One that gets so freaked out by one bad break. He hit the flagstick then had bogey 3 holes in a row. He is still lacking on the mental side.

Can someone explain what went down this morning on the Euro Tour?

Rory had the lead going into the final round today on the euro tour championship . He apparently blew it but I didn’t see what happened. Apparently some bad break off the flagstick? After losing he apparently ripped his shirt :LOL:

View attachment 9046126

Colin Morikawa won the tournament and the Race to Dubai. Hell of a season for him overseas. Funny to see an American dominate the two major championships Europe has to offer.
He went hulk on his shirt? You gotta be kidding me :LOL:

One that gets so freaked out by one bad break. He hit the flagstick then had bogey 3 holes in a row. He is still lacking on the mental side.

Completely agree, I don’t see this as “competitive fire” I see this as a guy who just doesn’t have the answers. Even his tour win this year that ended his drought wasn’t without drama. Still has a lot to figure out before I’d say he has any chance at a major, especially at Augusta with the pressure that comes with the monkey on his back

He went hulk on his shirt? You gotta be kidding me :LOL:

I was hoping for some video of it but it looks like he did it behind closed doors because I can’t find the video.

But then conveniently goes to the window to let the cameras see lol.

I was hoping for some video of it but it looks like he did it behind closed doors because I can’t find the video.

But then conveniently goes to the window to let the cameras see lol.
That hilarious. Dude has some issues.

Agree with this totally, which is why he will never reach full dominance.

I get the frustration but still not the way.

I thought Rory didn’t care anymore, didn’t have it anymore, etc.

old testament rending of his sackcloth

Well, well, well, Americans finish 1 and 2 in Race to Dubai

Morikawa-1 and Billy- 2

They are changing the brand name to DP World Tour? No More European Tour?

Rory ... Oh, the humanity - please, no more tearing of the shirt. o_O At least you care... but that wasn't productive

Rory was tied for the lead in the 15th hole and gets a bad break where his ball hits the stick in the air and goes into the bunker. He fails to get it up and down. He bogeys 3 of the last 4 to tied for 6th. The pictures of the ripped shirt have surfaced. Wonder if the bad break spiraled that round out of control.

That’s a brutal break

Agree with this totally, which is why he will never reach full dominance.
Would love to see him get a word class sports psychologist and work on the mental side. They can work wonders and it really feels like dialing in the mental side is the only thing holding Rory back from greatness right now.

Reminds me of that European Tour video. Is it anger? Or is it passion?

Back