European Soccer 2015/2016

Who's that 10 year old boy replacing Yaya?

Hoping United don't play like ducks today!

My morning got a little better after Liverpool pulled out the improbable win against Palace

That was a nice dive by Benteke in the box to draw the foul

Wow Matta sent off

My morning got a little better after Liverpool pulled out the improbable win against Palace

It was an exciting match, with both teams being aggressive.

That was a nice dive by Benteke in the box to draw the foul

Yeah, replays of that make me shake my head a little - If there is one thing that drives me nuts about soccer, it's the diving. But, he got the call, and that led to the PK kick and the win.

It was an exciting match, with both teams being aggressive.

Yeah, replays of that make me shake my head a little - If there is one thing that drives me nuts about soccer, it's the diving. But, he got the call, and that led to the PK kick and the win.
Yeah I can't stand the diving either. Drives me crazy every time guys get into the box with possession they go down and look for the call.

The diving is what I hate most about this game. When someone dives, someone deserves a card. If they give the foul or penalty, they should card the other guy. If they play on, they need to card the guy for simulation. It's gotten ridiculous. If it's for a penalty kick, they should go to instant replay. I do not like replay, but it might cut down on the diving.

I know the refs are in a tough spot because they have to make a quick decision and don't have the second looks we get on TV. Not sure what the solution is but I hope it doesn't get worse

Yeah I can't stand the diving either. Drives me crazy every time guys get into the box with possession they go down and look for the call.

The diving is what I hate most about this game. When someone dives, someone deserves a card. If they give the foul or penalty, they should card the other guy. If they play on, they need to card the guy for simulation. It's gotten ridiculous. If it's for a penalty kick, they should go to instant replay. I do not like replay, but it might cut down on the diving.
Probably just my lack of detailed knowledge about if/how they try to control diving. I would think a post-match yellow, after a review by the "league", and a significant fine might have some impact, but who knows.

I know the refs are in a tough spot because they have to make a quick decision and don't have the second looks we get on TV. Not sure what the solution is but I hope it doesn't get worse
Reviewed after the match by the FA, if the FA deems it a dive, three match suspension.

Rags down 1-0 to West Brom with 20 minutes left.

Stoke in 8th place and only 6 points from Europe.

Probably just my lack of detailed knowledge about if/how they try to control diving. I would think a post-match yellow, after a review by the "league", and a significant fine might have some impact, but who knows.

That wouldn't really work, if the same had player gets a Yellow card then dives and is awarded a "post match" Yellow in theory he should have been sent off and not finished the game. I think TV replays are the way forward but it would slow the game down to much. Saturdays game I can not remember which Everton player was booked for diving then he got a second yellow and was dismissed. Everton were also awarded a penalty for a foul which occurred just outside the box. Fortunately they missed it. Had they of scored it would have been 3-0 to them.

Its taken so many years to bring goal line technology into the game, I think this is its first season, to bring in a 3rd referee is going to take a long time as well.

Yea two really stupid pointless yellows. Fun start

d44d00b7f06c5de67997ba2563c23157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Big game coming up. Two of the most inconsistent teams in England

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'll take the win. simple rhetorical question, did delaney hit bentake's left foot/ankle or not? any striker worth his weight, in that situation, is going down in the box once they feel that contact. like it or not, pk award was justified.

TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Tuesday, March 8

Hull vs Arsenal (FA Cup replay), 2pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO

Wolfsburg vs Gent (Champions League- Round of 16, Leg 2), 2:45pm, FOX Soccer 2Go and FOX DeportesReal
Madrid vs Roma (Champions League- Round of 16, Leg 2), 2:45pm, FOX Sports 1, FOX Soccer 2Go and ESPN Deportes

Thursday, March 10
Dortmund vs. Spurs (Europa League), 1pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Liverpool vs. Manchester United (Europa League), 3:05pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO

Back