Glad you guys were able to get out safely, you are surely in my prayers.

Stay safe @OldeDude, glad you and your family were able to evacuate in time! Thoughts and best wishes to you and your community!

Oh man - keeping you and yours in our thoughts here. Staying safe is the most important part!

Glad you and your family are safe! Hoping everything turns out okay for you guys and your friends!

I feel for you, @OldeDude. Just seeing the smoke pour into the Reno area makes my heart drop. For the past month it seems like a new town is being evacuated each day, between Caldor, Dixie, Tamarack, and Beckworth. If it turns out someone started the Caldor Fire, like that crazy professor with Dixie, I'll help you track them down and break their knees! lol

Glad to hear you are safe. Continue to stay safe and take care of your family.

Prayers for the safety of you and your neighbors. Take care of the important things, and we'll be here when you get back.

Goo dot hear you and your family are out, praying for a safe return

Damn thats terrible, I hope your family is safe and hope the fire never reaches your home

Stay safe. It has to be so hard to leave home under conditions like that. Fire is not something chance. I worked as a wildland firefighter as part of my work in the 1990s. I was mostly working on prescribed fire, and that was crazy enough. We were called into one large fire, and it blew my mind. In dry hot fire conditions, the fire was unstoppable. Terrifying. I think that one took out 100 homes or something like that. My heart goes out to everyone impacted.

Good to hear you are safe !

Yesterday a friend of mine had to evacuate his home here in Eastern Washington in the Ford-Corckscrew fire. It started as a small 5 acre fire but has exploded to over 15,000 acres in the last 2 days.

To anyone that is being affected by fires, I wish you all the best !!

Glad to hear you are safe and hope your home stays safe as well!

Oh wow! Glad you and the family are safe.

Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words and support. Here's a little update, I'm back home. I found a evacuation map put online by the Sheriff's Dept, and it shows just what I expected, my house is about 150 yds inside the evacuation area, with everything on the other side of the road is not even under a warning. The fire is well past us now, and never came this far west, so we decided to come home. We did leave our stuff at our friends house, so we can still get out fast if we had to, but I'm confident that won't happen, as the fire would have to come back through what it has already burned to get here.

It is still a mess though, reports were that it was at 30,000 acres when I went to bed last night, and they are saying it is around 54, 000 acres now, and still 0% containment. It did stay east of the more populated areas last night, so I'm, thinking most people will be going back to find their homes are okay, and maybe sooner than fist expected. Still pretty devastating though, and no telling how long it will take to get under control.

Thanks again for the support. :drinks:

So glad you’re OK, what a shock to the system. My thoughts are with you and all affected, scary stuff.

Good to hear you're back home and safe.

Good thoughts and vibes for you and your friends. Please stay safe.

I hope your family and yourself and house all remain safe. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your neighbors @OldeDude

Glad things are looking better in your area, @OldeDude !

Stay safe friends out west.

Hope all is well. Prayers etc are with you.

Nearly thirty years ago, I drove from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe , taking my parents on their only ever road trip in USA. We went through a small town called Placerville, where we picked up some peaches from a road side stall. They were the best peaches we have ever tasted and the place is locked in my mind. Is that near you?

Keep safe, our thoughts are with you

Back