Even Numbered Handicaps?

In reviewing my HC on GHIN, it appears that I landed on an even number for a month. It surely wasn't stable as such throughout the month.

And then 6 other days throughout the year. So, one month and six days at an even number. Over a full year.

LOL... edited to add:

There were only 3 rounds played during the month of a steady even number.

Last edited:
In reviewing my HC on GHIN, it appears that I landed on an even number for a month. It surely wasn't stable as such throughout the month.

And then 6 other days throughout the year. So, one month and six days at an even number. Over a full year.

LOL... edited to add:

There were only 3 rounds played during the month of a steady even number.
Remember, only 40% of your rounds have any effect on your handicap. So on average if you play 50 rounds a round there are only 20 changes of handicap index.

That's generally speaking, if your is going down really fast it can mess up that percentage for a while.

Also, the handicap indices are highly autocorrelated over time so these aren't really independent trials where the percentages apply for a single person. But if someone is seeing single indices from a large number of people, that tenths digit will be very close to a bunch of random draws from the set 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Maybe they are using a club kept system that rounds for their course and only send out whole numbers....?

Back