Ever Completely Lost Your Golf Swing?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Having a conversation with someone today and this popped up. Figured I would ask here.

Rebel4life

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mid
Every round I play, I have at least 1 shot that makes people ask, "Is he a beginner?"

Seriously though, yes. On occasion I wonder where my swing decided to go visit.

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Actually lost, no. Momentarily or felt like it's been lost or is lost, all the time.

Tywithay

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
It usually occurs somewhere between the range and the first tee

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
yes, a couple times every round.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh yea. All the cool kids are doing it!
1614102019653.gif

ToddJ027b

Morgan Cup, Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't think I've ever lost my swing. But I definitely have lost an ability to hit one specific club at times. For example, right now I'm struggling mightily with a fairway metal. That used to be a strong suit of mine off the tee when the driver wasn't quite working. But man....I can't hit that off the tee very well right now. It's happened to me with a hybrid, and even wedges. I think we let small thing creep into our swings that just don't work at times with certain clubs. Either that or I'm just an amateur that goes through ups and downs, or perhaps both.:unsure::unsure:

Bryndom

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16
Having a conversation with someone today and this popped up. Figured I would ask here.
Can’t lose what you never found!

I’ve struggled at times and had to just back off a bit to manage the round and then hit the driving range

millsan1

Strike Hard. Strike Fast. Hit long. CobraKai
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
On multiple occasions to varying degrees. Varying from "I probably could have hit that better" to "never played the game before".

I went through a stretch last year for about 2 months that was really disheartening.

Jank

FIGJAM
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
I have definitely lost my driver swing before. I'll go weeks where I can't get my timing right and I leave absolutely everything left. Irons are generally pretty strong in terms of being confident with that swing.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
kind of. last year i lost my driver swing. it was debilitating. mostly mental, though.

i've had a pretty severe case of the shanks. and they'll still pop back up.

golf is hard.

Rummpd

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes a few years ago post severe shoulder injury I completely lost power and any sense of direction and the harder I tried the worse it got to point afraid to start golf swing. Went from single digit to 90s or worse. Went from draw to big at times fade. Quit cold turkey for 3 months and did a lot of rehab and to a point after a lot of range work it slowly came back. Has never fully comeback yet to this day but working on it on course and in gym.

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes and I think what separates the Low Caps from the High is their ability to work through the issue during a round and not lose focus.

tahoebum

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Luckily not for very long, but I vividly remember it happening on two specific occasions during my round. One was halfway through a 9 hole high school match when all of a sudden, I started hitting big hooks with all my shots. I was one over par on the 5th hole when I hooked a 6 iron about 70 yards OB on my approach. I finished 11 over, lol.

The other was about 12 years ago, and I started topping the ball on all my shots early in the round, and I shot 18 strokes over my course handicap and tied for my worst round since I was 16 years old. I actually almost whiffed a couple of tee shots that wound up going about 70 yards that day. The next day on a much tougher course I shot 73 with no range time before my round, proving that golf makes no sense.

mtbloco

Is it Hoops Season yet?
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My golf swing is bad and erratic to begin with but tend to pull hook left......but one day I showed up on course....and everything was a cold shank right. I was at a complete loss. Only professional help got me out of that dark place.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Not sure what is meant by "completely?"

Ill answer on my assumption. I have lost parts of my golf swing. Shanks, tops, massive slices etc etc. But the whole thing from top to bottom? I dont think so. usually its one small part of the swing that mysteriously falls apart.

golfinnut

Way too close to JohnSInVA!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Lost it .... nah :unsure: Maybe a temporary misplacement of it. Sometimes it's left at home or maybe it's at the bar on hiatus. It leaves periodically & that's when I have to step away from the game for a bit. Sometimes just a day & sometimes a week or so. :rolleyes: Thankfully it comes back eventually.

Rebel4life

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mid
I'll add to what I said earlier. Yesterday, I played in a 2-man scramble and was hitting my driver quite well (we used 12 of my 14 drives). If I get the chance to play tomorrow, I can almost guarantee that the proverbial broad side of that barn better watch out.

Stemmy66

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
That's assuming I actually have a golf swing..... but yeah, lost what I consider a swing trying to implement a change which I could never get the feel, the thought, the move down..... that and about every 3rd hole I play seems like I lose something. :ROFLMAO:

Jaymo37

Against All Odds!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Absolutely and it’s sooo depressing lol.

Annhl8rX

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Absolutely. Most recently it happened when I went for an iron fitting. I warmed up with my own clubs and knew it was going to be a wasted session. I just couldn’t make contact. I was hitting everywhere except where I needed to...chunks, tops, and even a whiff.

I went to the range two days later and had a great day striking the ball. This is a stupid game.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in