Ever Completely Lost Your Golf Swing?

It took about 200 balls today. But I think I found it.. fingers crossed. I am driving over to the Sacramento area Saturday for some golf in warmer weather and hoping my swing comes along for the ride.

Happy to report I too *think* I've rediscovered my swing. A strange tip from a buddy who just started golfing a couple years ago seems to have gotten me back on track. I say *think* because this has all been at the range off a mat, so I need to get out on grass and see if it translates but I'm cautiously optimistic.

It would seem that quite a few THPers found something on the range today. I'm very optimistic regarding todays re-discovery of my golf swing. Swinging on mats is totally different than grass but I'm stoked. Thought that I would try the impact drill and it worked magic.

I completely lost my swing over the winter. I was shanking shots, hitting the ground behind the ball, and lost a ton of swing speed. I knew it was related to my backswing but just couldn't figure out what it was.

Had a lesson last week, and in 15 minutes he had me hitting the ball solid again. Basically, I lost connection with my body and my arms were getting way too far behind me instead of keeping them in front of my body.

Seems like every time I lose my swing it is because I get into bad positions on my backswing.

my swing was garbage this morning, hitting tee shots left, right, skied and worm burners. Gonna hit the range at lunch slow down the swing and see if I can find something good. Tight course this morning lost about 5 balls in 9 holes

Full swings, mostly ok. Everything else to the green is a compete and total clisterflop. Crazy since 120 and in was my strong point last year.

Went to driving range at lunch and was hitting the 2nd half of bucket much better with driver and 7 iron. Really started to try and use the legs more, bend those knees. Everything was straight and long with good flight. Hopefully i can take it to the course

Well, I would call it a slump. It seems nothing is going right.
As in I am and have been in a slump for the last three rounds.

I am hoping to dig myself out of this slump SOON!!!

Every winter I lose it, this year was kind of the exception. Very close to finding my iron swing and once that happens I’ll be thrilled

Crazy how good a swing can be and then goes to the gutter... Night and day difference in rounds.

Lol
I’m the wrong guy for this thread... I’ve lost my swing about a hundred times. 🙄

Maybe, just maybe if Janis Joplin was a golfer she might say a golf swing is just another word(s) for nothing left to lose.

with apologies.

Maybe, just maybe if Janis Joplin was a golfer she might say a golf swing is just another word(s) for nothing left to lose.

with apologies.
I want you to hold on, hold on.... 😜

Every now and again yes... I’d say for perhaps 2 weeks per year I have the shanks. I go from a 4 handicap flusher to struggling to get the ball off the ground with nasty hosel rockets and struggling to break 90. I think it’s triggered by just hitting one (everyone does from time to time, right?) then my confidence evaporates. I’m quite a handsy player which doesn’t help and my game just disintegrates from there. I usually sort it out playing a couple of rounds by myself to iron it out, regain good feel and confidence...

Happens on a few swings every round. Lol

Well it happened to me yesterday. Went into the round hitting my irons the best I ever had. Somewhere around hole 5 all I could hit was a pull left with my irons. This was a tough course with lots of undulations and tight lies around the greens. A 10 yard pull easily turns into being 30 yards left. Needless to say it was a long day. Ironically I was automatic with my 4 wood off the tee LOL. A complete mystery.

Played last Monday, couldn't hit anything. The winter was too long and my swing has gone south, went to driving range. Had to hit off mat, didn't help me. I need to hit off grass to get everything working right. Try again next Monday and hope my swing comes back.

Yup. It's happened a few times, but the one that pops out was at #TheKing in 2015... Around halfway through round 2 I utterly and completely had nothing. Every tee ball was duck hooked or topped, I was hoseling irons and chips, and green reading was a complete mystery. Luckily I acquitted myself much better in the last round, but it took me the better part of a month to completely get out of that funk.

Today begins a new journey.
Throwing away every thing from the past.
Will try the basic stack and tilt. Just the basics, nothing more. Take easy slow backswing, not try to hit real hard on the downswing.

I think it might work well, due to my natural-born with lack of “athletic coordination “ that is otherwise required and so very demanding of technique otherwise. Will just have try for a while. Have Nothing to lose!

Hi all of you who have lost your swing in the past or are currently at that's stage. I lost my swing a couple weeks back but have started to find something and I am on the right track, I think. The video below was super helpful for my issue of hitting my irons super fat. Check it out, hope it helps!

Last edited:
Hi all of you who have lost your swing in there past or are currently at that's stage. I lost my swing a couple weeks back but have started to find something and I am on the right track, I think. The video below was super helpful for my issue of hitting my irons super fat. Check it out, hope it helps!

Great tips. One of those should help any struggling golfer. Strange that no instructor ever mention the forward press in which all of them clearly have.

Great tips. One of those should help any struggling golfer. Strange that no instructor ever mention the forward press in which all of them clearly have.

It is not overly complicated and information and was very beneficial for me. Although my score was not great it in league last night, my ball striking was so much better and I caught only 1 or 2 shots heavy.

Going through this right now and trying desperately to find it. Ever since the arthritis set back in to my upper arms / shoulders, proper ball striking has been a huge struggle. The lack of confidence this brings has crept into other parts of my game also.

Back