Ever Completely Lost Your Golf Swing?

I developed a certain kind of contact called the "sh". I'd like to blame it on too much coffee before the tournament started, but I really have no idea. Thankfully that was the only round with such a disastrous turn of events. I am cringing even as I type this.

A couple times. Still trying to find something since the last one.

I actually lost it during a session with my golf instructor. A nice hour of sh----s. I was totally freaked out because I was seeing him to tighten some stuff up for a trip the next day to Kiawah Island to play the Ocean Course. The drive down the next day was crazy because all I could think of is what do I do if i cant hit the ball. I went to the OC range. First ball went off with a nice draw. The torment was over. It still kicked my butt but at least I knew where it was going.

I played golf 3 weeks ago and once 2 weeks prior to that. It all feels very foreign and awkward today when I hit balls. Hoping for a quick turnaround since my son is going from 4 sports to 1 in the next week freeing up some more range time.

Yes on occasion, but it is usually due to some physical ailment. To work around the pain my swing gets modified, sometimes without me realizing.

Yes. I was playing a course and on the 16 hole all of sudden I could not even hit the ball at all. It was so strange. Took about 4 swings before my swing came back. Only happened once, but I think my mind must have went space cadet or something weird. To this day I don't know what caused it.

Not completely. I can lose it for a week or two, but I seem to be able to re-group.

Yea I mean. I've had 4 good back to back lessons, really thought I was getting somewhere, I was shooting maybe 8 out of 10 cleanly with about 20 yards more than I used to get and I'm just absolutely completely lost now in my swing. No clue how high to bring my hands up in the back swing, don't know when to snap my wrists forward, making clean contact 1 out of 10 irons. It's the absolute worst feeling in the world. You just feel like giving up. Like this ain't the sport for me...I just don't got it. :mad:

Ill go to the driving range and think Ive fixed my hooking issue. Leave the range satisfied. First few hole today hit it great then the wheels fall off. Nothing worse than not knowing where the ball will be going.

Having a conversation with someone today and this popped up. Figured I would ask here.
this thread is crafted just for me... Last summer I had my best rounds ever including a pb of 73! And several rounds in the 70's (after never having done so) and I've been a Shankasaurus Rex ever since. I cannot shake it. I took off after a round in late November and have been working with @TrueMotionMatt and trying to get something going 🥴 I'm going to try and play 9 this afternoon.. will update.

Far too often, unfortunately.

I've misplaced it for a hole or two, but never lost it completely.

this thread is crafted just for me... Last summer I had my best rounds ever including a pb of 73! And several rounds in the 70's (after never having done so) and I've been a Shankasaurus Rex ever since. I cannot shake it. I took off after a round in late November and have been working with @TrueMotionMatt and trying to get something going 🥴 I'm going to try and play 9 this afternoon.. will update.

Happens all the time...it's part of the game. Last round I played it was 40mph winds and I had 45 putts...🙅‍♂️Just gotta keep grinding, moving forward, and know that what you're working on will come around at some point.

Oh, and ditch a putter that EVER does that to you, because it's the putter's fault right?

Yes multiple times - in which I’ve just walked off the course (whispering disparaging statements to myself) to wait until the next day to play... hopefully the issue doesn’t return.

I've had the full swing yips a few different times in the last few years and thought I had forgotten how to swing a golf club.

I lost it once in the middle of the State Amateur. It was the first round of match play and I was 2 up with 6 to play. I completely couldn't find the clubface for 4 holes and flipped from 2 up to 2 down. I then rediscovered the clubface won 17 and made it to 18 but couldn't win to extend the match.

I went from hitting it great to hitting low left smothers. I am sure I was thinking about winning the match and getting to the next round. I just tried to shake things out of my head and get back to hitting the ball.

I can be 1 over after 15 and finish 9 over, so who knows why or where my swing went. Some of it is concentration, maybe fatigue, but that is something I need to work on.

Never "completely" lost my swing, but I have misplace it few times each year. For a few holes.

When my swing goes south, I can usually find one club that will get me through the rest of the round.

kind of. last year i lost my driver swing.
This for me, too. Near the end of the season. Every aspect of my game had been improving, particularly my driver. Then I lost it with the driver. Nothing but slices and ground balls. Finally just gave up. Luckily, when this happened, the season was over and this was just range days.

That is certainly part of what prompted me to engage in off-season training.

This for me, too. Near the end of the season. Every aspect of my game had been improving, particularly my driver. Then I lost it with the driver. Nothing but slices and ground balls. Finally just gave up. Luckily, when this happened, the season was over and this was just range days.

That is certainly part of what prompted me to engage in off-season training.

i went from a plus handicap driving the ball per arccos, to, well, pretty far from a plus handicap driving the ball per arccos.

I did last year at Victoria Bryant State park for one round. I was shooting consistently 90-92 scores with most shots lost around the green. I then played this state course and all of a sudden could not stop topping every iron shot. It was so bad I almost went home.
Luckily I got back on track and improved bc of it.

Can’t really lose what I never had

Update: didn't get to play course was still closed from the weather. Probably the golf gods preventing me the pain of watching it unfold on the course.:unsure: So I came home and hit practice/foam balls on the porch and wore the hosel out. I'm currently trying to design an adaptive hosel that allows a shot to stay in play when a ball makes contact 😆

Yes. Before every round.

Back