Ever Completely Lost Your Golf Swing?

As of late yes. I have so many thoughts in my head I don’t know what to expect from each swing.

Maybe this hiatus of no golf for a couple weeks will get me back in the groove.

But now that I’ve responded to this thread I’m sure it will be top of mind.

It has happened to me within the past year. It’s weird. Just got to hop back on the horse and keep plugging. It will come back soon enough.

Yep. And that’s when I start jacking with stuff. Which is a huge mistake IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Last time it happened to me was in Sedona for our AZTHP league match. Soul crushing.

My swing is never too far away from being good its the tempo and quick transition that cause my bad shots most times. I had a bad front nine yesterday but never got frustrated. I kept giving my best effort and enjoyed the beautiful day while walking the course and had a decent back nine with some great shots.

All the time. I've got so many moving parts its simply inevitable.

Yeah I fell into a long spell of not being able to be confident with my swing. Started while at the 2019 BudgetGolf Championship in Idaho. Carried over while I was trying to work with the Cobra One Lengths in 2020 and well past the start of the COVID outbreak. Didn’t really feel comfortable until about May of 2020. So for about 7-8 months I really struggled with my irons and worrying about s...ks.

I usually have a couple weeks a year where it seems like nothing is working. Maybe not completely lost, but "Can't hit the broad side of a barn" comes to mind.

The most confused I have been with my golf swing was a couple of years back. In 2014 I had been hitting down with my driver to the point where fittings had put me in low loft and rebar like shaft, teed low to try and keep the spin down due to the negative angle of attack. I went that year playing pretty well.

Fast forward to the following spring, I get out and play for the first time in a few months and I am dead topping every drive of the day...with no idea what is happening. Late that day and in a couple of range sessions afterwards, I figure out that I am suddenly hitting up on the driver, and that none of those band-aids make any sense, and that driver combo is a horrible fit for the new swing. Whatever happened in that off season has never reverted itself.

Five years ago I decided to chase distance. I was a good player, took my game for granted. Took lessons to change from a fade to a draw and that was the beginning of the end for my golf game. I recently started playing again and it's very frustrating but somehow i will endure. My game is completely trash.

If I ever golf a great round and my usual crew isn't there, I am sure to absolutely forget how to golf, chunk, and push every ball on the way to a miserable day when I actually play with them.

Not sure I have found it yet.:ROFLMAO: (Didn't read the thread yet so assuming this joke has been made multiple times.)

One of the primary benefits of a fundamentally sound grip is that when using same the player's swing will be consistently effective. In other words "losing one's swing" is usually related to grip technique.

Yes, but luckily only on the practice range. It happened this past Summer. I went to the range to hit a few balls, and couldn't get anything off the ground. I hit about a dozen worm burners in a row. Okay, what's going on here? I was trying to make sure I got my weight onto my left side. I turned so that the sun was behind me and made some practice swings. I discovered that I was lunging toward the target with my entire body, and allowing my head to get in front of the ball. Death move! I tried some swings keeping my head steady, but still getting my weight onto my left side. Stood up to a ball again and it went right up in the air. Didn't hit another worm burner the rest of the session.

My game has never abandoned me on the course, oddly enough. I was thinking about that, and I think it's because I do not want to have "swing thoughts" on the course. The thoughts I want to have are "shot thoughts". Thoughts about how I'm trying to play the hole. I believe it was Nicklaus who said that if you start a round of golf with only one swing thought in your mind, it was still one too many!

Weirdly...I put in a ton of work last year, and got a bag setup that I really liked and was having success...then....it all went away and can't find it. Went to hit balls tonight as the weather was nice for a change. out of 75-ish balls...maybe felt good on 10 shots. I just can't even get comfortable anymore. I dunno. Considering taking some lessons and just seeing what they can help me decipher.

every.single.day

Many times. Had a HS match where I couldn't hit anything besides a topped or bladed iron. The guy I was playing said he'd never seen anything like it lol. That inspires confidence. Then on the back 9 it just went away.

Also had bouts with the shanks that make you scared to play, rounds where I can't hit anything besides a low snap hook off the tee, etc. It's a funny game.

lately, my problem (one of them) seems to be when I hit a ball "well", it is yanked way left. Like..it's not a hook or anything...I'm hitting straight out left. I kind of corrected that today "knock on wood". But...so many other issues right now.....at least I know it's going straight and not 45 degrees to the left.

Oh yeah. The most recent episode was early 2019. Over 2-3 rounds, I had no clue where the ball was going off the tee no matter what I hit and only rarely knew on approach shots.

Is it a day that ends in Y?

It is the worst. Almost as bad as that S word.

My whole last season was one lost swing. I just couldn't get it figured out for the life of me. Even though I haven't really practiced much at all this winter I feel like I have the feeling of my swing back. I guess I needed a break.

I’ve been working on something (hard to explain) then snow 2021 happened. I didn’t hit a golf ball for a week. I wasn’t far enough along for it to “my swing” yet but 1st ball on the range, 180 degrees from what I’d been working on. It’s just gone but tomorrow is a new day to find it again.

Yep. Usually at least once a round, for at least a hole or two. I'll be going along playing pretty well (for me, anyway), and all of a sudden it's like the first time I've ever held a golf club. It's maddening.

Indeed, I don’t play often anymore and it’s different every time now

I probably play with a semi-lost swing more than a good swing the majority of the year. But there are some really bad spells when it feels completely lost, like so lost that my swing was better when I went to the range with a borrowed set of clubs for the first time. It is crazy how hard this game can be.

Back