Ever had a shoe failure on the course?

I never thought about using string... I need to add that to my bag. And some duct tape. Or I'll just keep a pair or sneakers in my bag.
I think that may be what did those shoes in... I left them in my bag... in my trunk. So they were being subjected to heat, cold, and water because my trunk leaked in Feb 2019...

Had the Disc system on a pair of my Puma shoes snap, but had a replacement pair less than a week later as they were only 6 months old

Lost the odd spike over the years but never really noticed that until after the rounds

I always have a couple of extra old pair in my car, just in case.

I did have some of the spikeless spikes peel off on the bottom of my shoes. Paid over $100 for a New Balance shoes and you would think something that expensive wouldn't use cheap glue to hold the spikeless spikes. Never bought New Balance shoes since.

Losing a partial or full sole on a shoe might be the most annoying equipment malfunction in golf. Has happened to me twice (once FJ once Nike).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like several of us have had the same issues with soles coming loose. It would be nice if they would last a lot longer than they do.

Not in a loooong time. Like when Golf Shoes were actually Shoes and not glorified sneakers. Hard soles with metal spikes. I had a pair of Red, White and Blue FJ's as a teen that I just wore the spikes down to a nub. Then one day, both soles just decided they had had enough after 5 or 6 years of growing feet. Tossed them in the can at a tee box and finished the round with bare feet. Played with sneakers for the rest of the year and got a new pair for Christmas.

i had part of a sole on a pair of Sketchers come loose. They had a lot of miles on them. Reglued them and still use them occasionally

I have not had a failure, but a friend has, with 1 sole separating from the shoe. It sounded like a slow clap as he walked. Obviously the group was very supportive and did not mock him at all during his ordeal...

I had the left sole of a pair peel off on the 10th hole once. Luckily I had another pair in my bag so I tossed them in the trash on #11.

I think they were adidas and were a few years old at the time.

Now while golfing, but it did happen to me during a soccer game in HS.

Played 20 minutes in bare feet.

Back