Ever had a shoe failure on the course?

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was walking off the first green today when I felt something weird with my foot... I checked my shoe in the cart and realized that the sole of my left shoe decided it didn't want to remain attached to the upper. It was a good thing I had a second pair with me to change into because those shoes were shot.

They were comfy too... Nike something or others... they were several years old... the second pair were Adizeros. Man, those shoes picked up the leaves! I've never seen anything like that. But they're comfy too... and a couple of years old but had never seen the course.

tl;dr... Nike shoes failed today. Old glue. New Adizeros a couple years old saved the day.

Not yet, but one of my fears since I don't normally take an extra pair of shoes. Guess the pro shop will get a sale from me on that day if it happens.

I keep an old pair of shoes in my car during the season.

Yep, both times Nikes too. They’ve since become the only brand I actively avoid.

Yup, I lost most of the sole of the left shoe of adidas pair a while ago. I’m not ashamed to admit I superglued that baby back together and got another season out of it!

I've had random spikes fall out, but I keep spares and a wrench in the bag.

Yes. Had the BOA fastener on a brand new pair of Tour 360s break halfway through their first round. Adidas customer service were great. Ended up taking little while to resolve so they bumped up my "credit" for the return. Ended up replacing with a pair of normal laced CodeChaos and getting a couple of tops that were on sale for my wife with the extra money.

Yes. a pair of Nike's several years ago; the sole of one of them just came loose and was flappin' like a swim fin. Most frustrating thing i've ever dealt with equipment-wise on the golf course. Never bought another pair of Nike's, probably never will. (n)

I was walking off the first green today when I felt something weird with my foot... I checked my shoe in the cart and realized that the sole of my left shoe decided it didn't want to remain attached to the upper. It was a good thing I had a second pair with me to change into because those shoes were shot.

They were comfy too... Nike something or others... they were several years old... the second pair were Adizeros. Man, those shoes picked up the leaves! I've never seen anything like that. But they're comfy too... and a couple of years old but had never seen the course.

tl;dr... Nike shoes failed today. Old glue. New Adizeros a couple years old saved the day.
Same thing happened to me with Nike. Bottom started coming off around 5th hole I tied it up with a string around 12th hole other shoe started the same BS on the 13th hole I was shoeless. Pair was like 9 months old.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

yep. walked right out of a pair. complete sole came off and i walked the course half barefoot (although the top of the shoe was still there).

Yes, had a pair of Nike Shox golf shoes that fell apart. The soles separated at the Shox thingies. They were barely used, and I probably could have glued them back together. But I didn’t want to risk having them fail again, so I tossed them and bought some new Footjoys.

I've had that happen where half the sole became separated from the upper. It would have had to be a pair of FootJoy, New Balance or Callaway as those are the only brands I recall buying prior to getting my Sqairz. I have also had the "pads" that New Balance spikes are screwed into separate from the upper though not 100%. Some "Shoe Goo" would work for a while holding that pad back in place.

I had the sole break loose on a almost new pair of Nike's last year.

I had to go back to my truck and get my sneakers.:mad:

Two Issues.
Had a FJ BOA break mid round and make the shoe lose all tightness and couldn’t be tightened.

had the entire sole of a Nike shoe come off the bottom

Other then losing a spike, I don't think I have.

Closest I’ve come are Puma’s leaking like a sieve at one time, and then later getting moldy where the spikes attach.

Last year a 2 month old pair of Puma's split where the sole and upper join. A call and email of photo's to Puma and I had a new pair within a week.

Was having one of the best rounds and had the entire sole come off before. Had to play the last 9 barefoot

Has a pair of adidas that came unglued during a round. They were flopping around by the end of the round.

Was having one of the best rounds and had the entire sole come off before. Had to play the last 9 barefoot
I felt bad for you and also couldn't stop laughing at you.

Yes, less than one year old Gfore shoes. Im playing 36 then around hole 15 the sole just randomly comes partially off. I had the finish the 18 with the sole flapping. Super annoying and screwed up my round for sure. I too keep back up shoes in my car luckily. After a few emails gfore sent me a new pair for like 30 bucks or something.

Failure? No

Annoryances? Yes... I have a pair of FJ's that use the BOA "lace" system.... it seems like every time you bump the dial on the heel, the damn thing releases tension and you have to reset.... Especially annoying when getting in and out of a cart and your heel happens to bump against anything. It happens with far too much frequency.

I prefer my PRO SL spikeless (regular lace). I only wear the BOA shoes when it's very wet, rainy, etc... as they've got soft spikes that seem to be better in those conditions.

I had the front catch once and the sole buckled under for the front 1/2. It was flip floppy. Couple holes like that. Hit the shop, got some duck tape. Wrapped it and finished back nine. Then tossed em. Don't even recall which brand....

Have not had a failure yet other than spikes and I keep a spike tool and spikes in my golf bag so I can quickly change one out. I keep an extra pair of shoes in my trunk if I need to change.

Back