Ever just forget how to play on the tee box?

xThor

AnimeGods 神 | GolfTec Experience | TravisMathew
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Played today, and was doing decently, then around hole 13, I just lost it all the feeling on the tee box. Used an iron, hybrid, 3w, and driver. Could not come out safely off the tee box at all. I topped one, wicked slice, toed the iron badly. By the time I got to the fairway, I could hit the hybrid or iron fine for the most part.

Pretty frustrated with how the round ended. Driver especially. I have felt great on the range, and early holes, but late in rounds, it’s like I cannot understand what my hips or arms should do.
I know a lot is stamina and getting tired (physically and mentally) after just coming back from 2 years without playing. Anyone ever else just out of the blue feel lost during a round?

Absolutely. A couple of years ago I was on a work trip to BC and I took an extra couple of days to golf. On my last day, working my way to the airport I stopped to play Furry Creek. I was fine for the first 5 or 6 holes, but after that I couldn't make a shot to save my life. I remember one hole was an elevated tee with an extreme drop to the fairway/green below with water on the left side. It was so much of a drop off from where the markers were you couldn't see the fairway below. Let's just say I tin-cupped that hole....

Happened on Sunday in what is the harder stretch of holes at 12 after a great front lost the driver still hitting fairways( thanks to Tour Edge EXS 220 technology) but not the center and lost distance... Luckily scrambling and a few clutch shots came back by hole 15 to finish decently but as other said leaking oil that back stretch. I blame it on back fatigue walking, and mental fatigue as the Groupon front was playing an ungodly slow pace and refused to let me play through

Yup, made it all the way to 17 today before I completely forgot how the swing a driver. Still hit the fairway but nowhere near what I had planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I randomly forget how to play at the tee box, and also at any/every other location on the course!

Happens to me more then I like to admit. I am trying to practice a pre shot routine and really working on a repeatable set up.

Played today, and was doing decently, then around hole 13, I just lost it all the feeling on the tee box. Used an iron, hybrid, 3w, and driver. Could not come out safely off the tee box at all. I topped one, wicked slice, toed the iron badly. By the time I got to the fairway, I could hit the hybrid or iron fine for the most part.

Pretty frustrated with how the round ended. Driver especially. I have felt great on the range, and early holes, but late in rounds, it’s like I cannot understand what my hips or arms should do.
I know a lot is stamina and getting tired (physically and mentally) after just coming back from 2 years without playing. Anyone ever else just out of the blue feel lost during a round?

I hadn't sh@nk'd one for a while until the 14th hole yesterday. Tossed a shot from a 4i on a par 3 to the adjacent fairway. This coming just 6 holes or so after hitting probably the best shot I've ever hit with the same club. I dunno what to say sometimes.

You bet. I think we probably all have our different versions of that kind of stretch. A couple rounds ago I had it off the tee, last round from the fairway for a few holes. One shot is surprisingly bad, think I know what I did, try to make sure I don't do that again, somehow the next is the same or worse, suddenly I'm confused. Next one isn't great either, and it's in my head now. Maybe I don't know wtf I'm doing after all, etc, etc. Gotta just shrink it down. Make the goal smaller, commit, and keep the faith it'll work back around.

I know a lot is stamina and getting tired (physically and mentally) after just coming back from 2 years without playing.

bingo.jpg

Yep. It happens from time to time... I’ve moved to hitting the shot I’m most comfortable with, and it’s helped.

Second shot on a par 5 today after hitting a great drive - toed a 5H 45 degrees right into a big bush. No good place for a drop from where it landed, so I took stroke & distance. Hit a 5H again and it was perfect - middle of the fairway with an easy wedge to the green. Why couldn't I have done that the first time???

I did this a few weeks ago. I was +1 thru 12 holes and cruising, on a new to me course to boot.

All of a sudden every tee shot was a massive hook. Didn't matter if it was iron or driver, damn thing started left and went more left.

Played +9 over the last six holes :mad:

You’re in good company! The way I get back into after feeling lost on the tee box is by picking a spot and hitting to it rather than just trying to blast one down the fairway as far as possible.

You’re in good company! The way I get back into after feeling lost on the tee box is by picking a spot and hitting to it rather than just trying to blast one down the fairway as far as possible.

I’m the opposite, when it goes bad instead of trying to hit a spot I just try to swing away. I find that I try to steer it rather than make a confident swing & deal with the consequences when it stops moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all. the. time. I keep coming back, tho :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes. Today. But it started immediately and lasted ALL round.

Slices, hooks, chunks, skulls, 3 putts, the whole shebang.

Didn't keep score because it was a club skins match, none of us had a card so we were just emerged in our side bet and going for birds.

But it was a big number. Hugely big. No birds for me, of course. Lipped out my only opportunity.

Not so much from the tee box, but just about every other stroke. I thought that was normal golf? :eek:

Yep, just yesterday...

Even with a pretty good day chipping and putting, I shot an 84 with 3 drives OB, and only 2 fairways and 3 greens hit. It's like I totally forgot how to swing :mad:

Yes, I randomly forget how to play at the tee box, and also at any/every other location on the course!
Same here. Hit a perfect shot & then next is crap or I'll hit a mulligan/provisional ball & it will be a perfect shot & I think why didn't I just do it that way the first time.

Back