Ever play an Island green par 3

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So every year at the Players we all watch the 17th hole as the players tackle it. Have you ever played a hole like that one? . I recently played The Links at Perry Cabin in Maryland. Pete and Alice Dye's last work. They recreated their Island green there.

I have never played an island, but I have played a variety of holes with nothing but trouble between tee and green.

One course by me has. A pseudo island green, definitely larger land area than some others

Oddly enough, I've parred it the last couple times, one of which with crazy winds going

20200124_071007.jpg

Yep, many times. Sometimes good, sometimes bad for me.

V 18G_CTSM.jpeg

River Ridge Vineyard Course.

18th Hole, Par 3: 191 Yards.

Into a steady Headwind Daily

Ask @Space Bandito

Here in Ventura, California

One of the popular local courses has one. It usually plays around 155 and isn’t too bad. Well unless you suddenly start hitting pure irons and getting extra distance like I did there during a captain’s choice last year.

Many times! Our Par 3 course here in the subdivision has a 90 yard hole with an island green.

Yes. #4 on the Raven course at Sandestin. From the 2 tee, it plays 145-50 and from the 1 tee, it is right at 200.

This view is from cart path across the green back to the tee.

An aerial:
16199_14534139081.jpg

Minnechaug in Glastonbury,CT…...plays about 125. The difficulty is sometimes the green is like concrete....

Yup, and will be playing it on Sunday in a tournament

Rockliffe Hall - hole 5

Hole 5.jpg

Yes i have and lets just say my confidence was MUCH better than the results lol

willbrook_6__large.jpg

Willbrook Plantation #6 is the only one in real life.

TPC Sawgrass #17 and Coeur D’Alene #14 in virtual golf

We have a very nice Island Green at my favorite course in our area.

Runs from 140 to 185 depending on the tees with a strong uphill top tier usually to get to the flag. If you don't make it on the drop zone behind the green still has to carry about 20 yards.

Island green.jpg

Firestone Country Club - North Course - Hole 17 - as close to Island as I have played

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 8
  • PictureThis_20200124_112205.jpg
    PictureThis_20200124_112205.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
I've played the replica of TPC Sawgrass #17 @ Tour 18 in Flower Mound, TX, although that's technically a peninsula as is the 17th @ Sawgrass.

I'm not sure there are many true island greens out there. CDA definitely is, but probably few and far between other than that.

I play this one all the time. It is 230 from the tips. It play much shorter due to a very very elevated tee but still beastly..

1579883356689.png

this is the closest I've been.

1579883539532.png

Thats pretty. I love playing courses in the trees like that.
yeah dude, it's a blast!

Made for a great course for MI vs OH regional rivalry. What a great weekend.

yeah dude, it's a blast!

Made for a great course for MI vs OH regional rivalry. What a great weekend.

Iiving close to the sierras, I try to get up into the mountains as much as possible. Playing in the desert in wide open spaces makes for some boring golf at times.

Yes. #4 on the Raven course at Sandestin. From the 2 tee, it plays 145-50 and from the 1 tee, it is right at 200.

This view is from cart path across the green back to the tee.

An aerial:
16199_14534139081.jpg
Played here actually and liked the Raven course a lot. I think I made a par on the island green.

This is also a treacherous island green that always seems to get me. #3 at True Blue in Pawleys Island, SC. Hard to tell from the picture but its an island green.

True-Blue-Hole-3-768x402.jpg

Back