Ever play an Island green par 3

There is also Renditions in Davidsonville, MD that has a replica of the 17th that I've played

Renditions.jpg

I I have played a couple. Number 15 at East Lake and They have a 19th hole at Heritage Oaks in Brunswick, GA that is a island green. That hole is a lot of fun as it is short, but the wind always comes into play.

One, Shady Hollow has an island green on #18. 141yds from the tips, fun little hole!

A local course has this hole which is always a beautiful hole to play.

1579921346983.png

Played PGA West Stadium course #17 Alcatraz757861FB-3681-4AD7-B501-A4FB1EE65045.jpeg

Redhawk in Temecula, CA399B5DE7-CFBD-42F5-8CDC-1C0C9A2BFDDF.jpeg

and Paiute Wolf Course that another poster posted a picture already.

CDA is THE island hole as far as I am concerned. Was awesome watching 20+ THPers play it.

Never have, even though I can practically see one from my backyard (there's a private club less than a mile away that has an island green, but I'm not a member, so ...).

There is one at a course we played at in High School districts and regionals at a course called the Fortress, hole 17.
Funny story.
In districts it was playing around 120 with a back center pin, I hit a nice wedge into the green and spin it back and lip out a hole in one, tap in birdie.
Fast forward to a week later, the hole is playing 150 with a huge wind in our faces. I hit the first ball into the water in front of the green. blade a wedge into the water from the drop one. End up taking an 8.

I have played a few. The most recent being the 15th hole on the Lakes Course at RTJ Grand National.

Multiple par 3’s, but nothing as intimidating as the #17 at Sawgrass.

There is an island green at and an executive course at Orange Lake Resort in Kissimmee, FL. Many good memories there.

CDA is THE island hole as far as I am concerned. Was awesome watching 20+ THPers play it.
Definitely one I want to play sometime!

Played a few of them. Most have been par 3s, a couple were approaches to par 4 or 5. There's a course here that's named 'Island Green' for a par 3 on the back nine. That one is different in that it's longer, 180(ish) Whites, 195(ish) Blues. I think all the other island par 3s I've played were wedges or maybe 9 irons? The nicest one I've played is only about 100 yards, #6 at Top of the Rock. It's the hole you might've seen them boating the pros out to the green during the Bass Pro Legends of Golf stop.

Boulder Creek Golf Club, Streetsboro, OH. Nice Par 3 from elevated tee down to green. Played the course for the 1st time last Oct, on in 1, 2 putt,PAR.2020-01-24.png

These all look pretty awesome.

Sheesh some of these sound brutal. 170 yard island greens are ridiculous. They should always be fairly short IMO. There is plenty of chance for disaster without lengthening it out like that. Heck the pros screw up 120 yards at TPC plenty of times.

The only island green I've played is a replica of #17 at TPC Sawgrass on a Tour 18 course.

Yup, and will be playing it on Sunday in a tournament

Rockliffe Hall - hole 5

View attachment 8924606
Sheesh some of these sound brutal. 170 yard island greens are ridiculous. They should always be fairly short IMO. There is plenty of chance for disaster without lengthening it out like that. Heck the pros screw up 120 yards at TPC plenty of times.

When we played the tournament at the weekend, this particular hole was being played off the back tees at almost 190yds, and we had a strong wind straight in to our faces as well
I hit my 2i, admittedly not the best strike, and ended up in the front right bunker

In the summer, anything short has the potential to run back in to the water depending on how short they cut the rough - missing left is about the only place where, if you miss the green, you have a chance of staying dry as everything around the green all slopes towards water

I have been lucky enough to play 3 different courses with island greens.

The first one was the Silver Course at Doral
CF3EAD3C-EEDD-40A5-B13B-AD9AEA2C819D.jpeg

The 2nd was in Wisconsin at a replica course and it was a replica of 17 at Sawgrass
6435EA1B-C578-4006-B13C-BBD1DADC768C.jpeg

The 3rd was in Couer d’Alene.
DE90594A-9420-4E66-A61A-C3314048AC07.jpeg

Back