Ever Play Black Mesa Golf Club?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Located outside of Santa Fe, NM I have had friends rave about this facility recently. Curious if anybody has been out there recently as I have to head that way later this year.

By the looks of the course course I hope this is like the last time when you asked if anyone ever played Lost Dunes and then the Budget Experience ended up getting a switcheroo to go there... future THP experience at Black Mesa??? :love:

• Admin
By the looks of the course course I hope this is like the last time when you asked if anyone ever played Lost Dunes and then the Budget Experience ended up getting a switcheroo to go there... future THP experience at Black Mesa??? :love:
Hahah. When I wrote that last time there was no plans of going to Lost Dunes. It just happened. Funny coincidence though

I am from Santa Fe - Black Mesa is a fantastic course. Recently they got new ownership and mgt who have really done a nice job recovering the course after water issues a few years ago.

Never played there before. Santa Fe though is “different”. It’s like a retirement community for all of the hippies from the 60s!

When I was out visiting family at beginning of July, I played Twin Warriors just north of Albuquerque and I was paired up with another single who was from Santa Fe.

During our round, we were talking about area courses and he absolutely raved about Black Mesa. I was playing Paako Ridge the next day and he said if I had time to really give Black Mesa a try. He liked Black Mesa more than Paako Ridge. I didn't have enough time to head up that way for a round on this last trip, but will definitely be on the list for the next time we visit NM, of course will certainly be following the Titleist event that will be played at Black Mesa in October!!

Haven't had the pleasure to play Black Mesa but enjoyed reading about it. Incredible views! Looks like a great mixture of desert, bluffs/hills and links (i.e. no trees) golf.

I have played the course before. It had been a bit, so was curious before our THP Experience was launched.

The new management has done wonders. If you had asked previously, it would have been a hard NO - as it was really a mess. I am still amazed at how they accomplished everything.

Back