Evnroll Midlock Putters

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
Has anybody tried them? I did a search and found virtually nothing other than a few mentions of Midlock in the V Series introductory thread from earlier this year. Started looking at these last night and was looking for some feedback from people that actually have some experience with them.

Seems like an interesting concept and easier transition from standard putters into armlock style putters than traditional armlock. Shorter shaft length (6" more than what you play in standard putter length) and a good bit less offset and loft than full armlock.

Anybody?

I have one. It is an interesting concept , but it will take a while to get used to it. The big plus is that the shaft is removable, so I will put a regular shaft in it (should be here tomorrow), and work on the midlock over the winter.

I rolled one of these at a Golf Galaxy a couple weeks ago. It was a big mallet that I wasn't in love with. The grip itself seemed very good and like a good intro for someone to get in to the arm lock style of putting. I guess I didn't really know much about this model before I tried it but it felt pretty comfortable right away.

The biggest issue for me was just trying to figure out what kind of a grip to use with my hands.

I hope that you can just buy the midlock grip down the road but I don't think so.
I have a 44" Taylor Made Ghost Manta that I would like to cut 4 " off and then put the grip on.

I’d love to try it but I putt left hand low. The left hand low isn’t the cause of any putting woes, so I’m not sure I could fully committ to a new methodology in my bag swapping hands after 20 years of playing.

I have one. It is an interesting concept , but it will take a while to get used to it. The big plus is that the shaft is removable, so I will put a regular shaft in it (should be here tomorrow), and work on the midlock over the winter.
Removable or swappable?

I’d love to try it but I putt left hand low. The left hand low isn’t the cause of any putting woes, so I’m not sure I could fully committ to a new methodology in my bag swapping hands after 20 years of playing.

Having owned the putter (selling as I think “traditional armlock” works better for me, ha) you could very easily do left hand low with the Midlock if you wanted to. There is plenty of room for it due to the size of the pistol. Xander is putting left hand low armlock using a SS Wristlock which has a much thinner pistol section.

I'm had mine for a few days now... enough to get a couple of 18's in. So far so good but it does feel different and making those 3 to 4 footers is pretty automatic now. :D

I'm a right handed putter and am still playing around with setup and ball position... so far I like putting the putter face in the middle of my stance and keep the ball under my left eye. Curious as to how others are setting up with their Midlock putters ???

Bumping this thread to see if there is any other feedback on these putters. It is almost turning into an obsession for me as I continue to make inconsistent strokes no matter how I hold a standard putter or what grip I have on it. Thinking the 39" ER2v ML needs to be in my not so distant future.

I don't know anything about the mid lock putter. But I have the Evnroll ER5 B putter and love it . The face, the feel , how it rolls. Evnroll makes a great putter.

I’ve had an ER5 Midlock for a few weeks now, along with a few rounds in. Has it fit two weeks before I played a round but I think this helped as I carpet rolled it alot to get used to it. I’m really liking this concept. Stroke is alot more stable less ’wobbly’. I guess I was pretty wristy in the Stroke before. Been putting really well on the course. Even my misses I haven’t been considering as such because the ball is going where I wanted it to and was just a misread.

Figured since the shafts were swappable and couldswap to a normal putter shaft and always wanted an er5v, this was less of an expensive trial into arm lock.

huge fan so far if you couldn’t tell. Let me know if anyone has any questions

I ordered a midlock er11v from evnroll. I could not figure it out. I used a bettinardi armlock for awhile last year and did better with it. Sent the midlock back. Thank you evnroll for working with me on the return.

I am not really sure how to capture my feedback. I think it can be a good option for the right person. The weighting, the way the grip worked, the feel at impact … I did not jive with it.

I picked up an Evnroll er11vx in the spring. I have putting demons and have used everything from the broomstick, multiple armlock variants, cross handed, claw, in short pretty much everything.

For me Iove the midlock. I could never fully get comfortable with an Armlock. I tried a Callaway and a Sik and couldn’t really get either one of them to work for me. The Midlock for me I can address very much like a regular putter. I mostly putt cross handed with it. At times on 3-4 footers I will go to the claw. If I focus on keeping the grip pressed against my lead forearm it keeps me super locked in and not twitchy. I am really getting the ball online with it.

If you struggle with being a bit jumpy and haven’t been able to get comfortable with an armlock style putter the Midlock is definitely worth looking at.

I picked up an Evnroll er11vx in the spring. I have putting demons and have used everything from the broomstick, multiple armlock variants, cross handed, claw, in short pretty much everything.

For me Iove the midlock. I could never fully get comfortable with an Armlock. I tried a Callaway and a Sik and couldn’t really get either one of them to work for me. The Midlock for me I can address very much like a regular putter. I mostly putt cross handed with it. At times on 3-4 footers I will go to the claw. If I focus on keeping the grip pressed against my lead forearm it keeps me super locked in and not twitchy. I am really getting the ball online with it.

If you struggle with being a bit jumpy and haven’t been able to get comfortable with an armlock style putter the Midlock is definitely worth looking at.
Did you have a chance to try this out before you bought it? I’m worried about ordering one and not liking it or wish I would have went with the sik armlock instead

I don't have an arm lock putter but I do have an Evnroll ER5b for a few years now and have never putted better. I have seen that putter at Golf galaxy and it has the same face as mine. Just such a good putter.

Armlocks are so weird. I always hear how easy they are to use. Then I try one and it feels so weird and uncomfortable.

Did you have a chance to try this out before you bought it? I’m worried about ordering one and not liking it or wish I would have went with the sik armlock instead

I tried it a bunch in the store. I actually bought a Sik Armlock initially and I was down to a coin flip between the Sik and the Evnroll midlock. I made a mistake with the Sik. I wound up selling the Sik and picking up the Midlock. If I had been custom fit for the Sik I might have felt differently. For traditional armlocks I think you need to be custom fit. I think it is true for most putters but even more for armlocks. I have been fit a few times for putters so I know what I need in general. Maybe the midlock stock specs just fit me well but I can set up with the Midlock without making any real adjustments and I feel real comfortable with it.

I definitely think it is good to try out any putter before buying it.

I don't have an arm lock putter but I do have an Evnroll ER5b for a few years now and have never putted better. I have seen that putter at Golf galaxy and it has the same face as mine. Just such a good putter.

I agree I think the Evnrolls are under rated.

Armlocks are so weird. I always hear how easy they are to use. Then I try one and it feels so weird and uncomfortable.

I completely agree. I felt that way with armlocks and found that the Midlock feels very natural for me. Maybe I am just lucky that it fits but I think it is worth looking at.

Back