EVNROLL Putter Review

Roll is very true on real grass,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Love this putter, great 1st round

It was the Honeymoon, but boy it rolled good.

round two with the Hatchback and two natural birdies and no three putts, I hope the honeymoon goes on for a long time.

The greens today were quite a bit slower than yesterday but after a few holes it was tap ins on any lags and made quite a few 10 ft in, which has been my weak area.

My speed control has been noticeably better. Pretty cool.

I fully accept that I am a streaky Putter and no Putter can solve that mystery, but even when I was uncomfortable about a read the darn ball ended up right by the hole or in.

Could be the weight or shaft or just blind luck but it sure is cool.

I fully accept that I am a streaky Putter and no Putter can solve that mystery, but even when I was uncomfortable about a read the darn ball ended up right by the hole or in.

Could be the weight or shaft or just blind luck but it sure is cool.

Or it could be the technology in these putters... just saying..

Played at Palma-Ceia CC today.. first time playing there.. greens were pretty quick and had some undulations...1 3-putt and it was from about 50 feet... the guys in my group are learning to hate the EVNROLL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt Pudge, I love it so far. Only two rounds, but so far it is exciting to putt well.

Tied a PB w/ the 8.3 and rolling it well. Very much enjoying this putter.

the hatchback was on today, most every putt right on line and going in.

But my speed was off on punched greens and i left most everything short...still love the way it sets up nice and square and seems to stay thay way though the stroke.

Played the ‘tips’ today at my club... played like a donkey from tee to green but zero 3 putts ... I have had the EVNROLL in bag since April and do not see it leaving anytime soon.. speed control with these putters is unbelievable. So much confidence when putting. Even when you aren’t making a bunch of putts, knowing you are going to have a very makeable 2nd putt just adds to the confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think I would adjust to the speed after a few holes, but nope had a bunch of 3" to 1' putts left that were all going in with a manly stroke..like you say though easy two is nice.

Good to see you boys going strong with the flat sticks.

Funny story, when I got the 8.3 in a co-worker who golfs every weekend picks it up, takes some rolls and comments on how nice it looks and feels in hand. First few rounds I have I comment on how much I like it and howo good my speed control seems to be now.

We're at happy hour and his wife, who also golfs, hears me say that and the story about how he picked up earlier and like the feel. So she texts me a few days later saying she wants to buy that putter for him for father's day. I leave for vacation and totally forgot about it. I get back and he comes and saying she got him the putter, he played 2 rounds already and loves the putter.

I was really going to buy the Flux putter I tried while out in Seattle (that rolled the ball incredibly well) but just could not get over the ugly factor and the price for such an ugly putter.

I think I may have said at one time or another I would putt with anything if it worked and if I could have rolled it again maybe just maybe I still would have bought it.

But the Hatchback looks good to the eye and rolls the balls every bit as good as the flux did, he did say he had worked for Rife at some point and maybe there is a bit of similarity with the flux insert and the evnroll milling, which is why it feels so good to me.

Or it could be the technology in these putters... just saying..

Meh.... If the thought of it give you confidence then its worth it but I spent several hours a few weeks ago with a local pro testing Evnroll putters vs some of the top brands. Hours. Not just a few putts here and there. We purposefully were stroking heel and toe hits to test the "groove" technology. They didn't perform any different than any other putter. We tested similar models of toe hang so we could be consistent among brands.

They are nice putters but the "technology" of the grooves is overrated at best.

I put a lot more value into the counterbalancing of weight however the local pro hated the feel and performance of those putters and putters with the shafts changed to the counterbalance brand.

I was really going to buy the Flux putter I tried while out in Seattle (that rolled the ball incredibly well) but just could not get over the ugly factor and the price for such an ugly putter.

I think I may have said at one time or another I would putt with anything if it worked and if I could have rolled it again maybe just maybe I still would have bought it.

But the Hatchback looks good to the eye and rolls the balls every bit as good as the flux did, he did say he had worked for Rife at some point and maybe there is a bit of similarity with the flux insert and the evnroll milling, which is why it feels so good to me.

Funny, @cwmonroe put on gravity grip to try after he was already putting pretty well with the stock grip and didn't like it as much. Wasn't making as many putts. Put the stock grip back and and was like picking up and riding a bike all over again. Tinker till ya don't!

Funny, @cwmonroe put on gravity grip to try after he was already putting pretty well with the stock grip and didn't like it as much. Wasn't making as many putts. Put the stock grip back and and was like picking up and riding a bike all over again. Tinker till ya don't!
Gravity grip is just a 120g rod in it. Similar to SuperStroke and Odyssey doing counter balancing. Nothing ground breaking. I tried it on a old Bettinardi BB8. It worked out well until I tried the Toulon, on a whim, with the counter balance shafts. Far exceeded my expectations.

Gravity grip is just a 120g rod in it. Similar to SuperStroke and Odyssey doing counter balancing. Nothing ground breaking. I tried it on a old Bettinardi BB8. It worked out well until I tried the Toulon, on a whim, with the counter balance shafts. Far exceeded my expectations.

I’ve tried it. Different feel for sure. Not for everyone.

I’ve tried it.

Gravity grip or counter balancing in general?

I have found you cannot throw a counter balance grip on any ole putter and find a proper feeling of balance. I'm not quite sure how the entire design works but the Toulon putters have a graphite shaft with steel toward the lower 1/3 with differing weighted plates and grips. Stock is a 20 gram add in the sole and a grip + weight = 105 grams. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the right 105 gram combo in a different grip than the Odyssey. What I have found is whatever Toulon was trying to do using exactly 105 grams, in the grip end, isn't ideal for me. I like having an additional 20 grams in the sole and an additional 25 grams in the grip butt. The stock design reduced my off center hit but the extra weight really reduces my offer center hits by a ton.

Everyone's putting stroke is different but I believe the tech of counterbalancing really reduces the frequency of an off center strike due to a poor stroke. It is just a matter of matching the proper amount of weight distributed top to bottom for the given stroke. Since I'm not a pro and probably cannot reproduce my stroke exactly the same over and over I cannot say this for fact but sure works for me.

What makes more sense to me is having a putter to help the golfer make the proper stroke vs some lines on the face that are supposedly going to make a bad putter better with the same bad stroke. I call BS on that based on my own testing with a PGA Pro.

Last edited:
Well as things seem to go with me, the honeymoon is over and I and one round away from a divorce. If things don't chance today the next stop after the round with be where I bought it...

Just for the record, I know it is not the putter but the lughead holding it but I can't afford the number of trips to a therapist to fix me.

Of course I go to my local Golf Galaxy to look around since I haven't been in this on for a while and I see a LH ER2 on the rack. This putter feels so good and on the indoor surface the distance control is everything they say it is. I'd love to get to try one outside. I really like the weight of the feel of it. It is taking every bit of my being to tell myself I don't need a new putter.

Back