Exercise & Health

Hit a milestone today at the gym. Deadlifted 365lbs - 2 times my bodyweight. Felt good, just wanted to tell somebody about it lol. Hope everyone is still hitting the gym!

Wow, it's so amazing how much you have changed since last year!!! So proud of you.

BTW, I went to the gym yesterday!! Woohoo!!! First time in quite a while.

Hit a milestone today at the gym. Deadlifted 365lbs - 2 times my bodyweight. Felt good, just wanted to tell somebody about it lol. Hope everyone is still hitting the gym!

WOW! That is awesome Marc and I am sooooooo proud of ya. Keep up the great work and you looked great the last time you came to visit us! You will be smacking that golf ball a country mile.

I read an article on Outside.com about a book called "Four Hour Body". I read most of the book over the 4th Holidays and it really fired me up.

So, last night I bought 2 kettleballs (25 and 35 lbs). 3x/week of swings, squats and deadlift type movements, along with some "core" exercises.

I haven't had a coke since lunch on the 4th. Instead, I've replaced that with a Hydroxycut powder that goes into 16 oz bottled waters. Drinking 2 of those a day along with iced tea and more water. No carbonated beverages at all, now.

I'm amping up my beef intake, and got back on the multi-vitamin, along with a B Complex, which I need due to some other meds causing loss of those vitamins.

Hopefully, I'll do better this summer than I did this winter with the 5-10-15. The holidays were not kind to my stomach.

Yesterday, I weighed in at 186.2. NEW LOW! I've lost 24 lb since January. 14 of that has been in the last 2 months. My waist has gone from 40.75 down to 37.75.

It's amazing how much energy I have these days compared to last year. I've had a 180 lb goal in my head since I quit drinking cokes. But, I'm more focused on waist size.

I'm doing the healthy eating 6x/week with Saturday as my cheat day. I can't cheat as much as I would like, tho. Since my stomach has gotten used to the healthier items, I get a stomach ache if I overdo my cheatin'. I will drink a coke on Saturday. But, it's generally if we go to a movie theater. And, now if someone offers me a coke, it just doesn't sound, or look, tasty.

I'm still taking the Hydroxycut for the caffeine. And I will get a caffeine withdrawal headache if I skip that...which I tried this past weekend.

I'm still doing kettleball swings with the 35lb'er. I do 75-90 reps. The most I've gotten in one set is 50. But, I'm now getting to my 75 rep total in 2 sets, which used to take 4 or 5 sets. I'm about to go buy a 45 or 55 lb'er and get back to taking 4 sets to get to 75 swings. My last set is always to failure. So, I usually end up with more the 75 swings.

It feel good when someone you haven't seen in a while notices the change.

Yesterday, I weighed in at 186.2. NEW LOW! I've lost 24 lb since January. 14 of that has been in the last 2 months. My waist has gone from 40.75 down to 37.75.

It's amazing how much energy I have these days compared to last year. I've had a 180 lb goal in my head since I quit drinking cokes. But, I'm more focused on waist size.

I'm doing the healthy eating 6x/week with Saturday as my cheat day. I can't cheat as much as I would like, tho. Since my stomach has gotten used to the healthier items, I get a stomach ache if I overdo my cheatin'. I will drink a coke on Saturday. But, it's generally if we go to a movie theater. And, now if someone offers me a coke, it just doesn't sound, or look, tasty.

I'm still taking the Hydroxycut for the caffeine. And I will get a caffeine withdrawal headache if I skip that...which I tried this past weekend.

I'm still doing kettleball swings with the 35lb'er. I do 75-90 reps. The most I've gotten in one set is 50. But, I'm now getting to my 75 rep total in 2 sets, which used to take 4 or 5 sets. I'm about to go buy a 45 or 55 lb'er and get back to taking 4 sets to get to 75 swings. My last set is always to failure. So, I usually end up with more the 75 swings.

It feel good when someone you haven't seen in a while notices the change.

congrats my man! looks like your well on your way to your goal! Kettle bell are AWESOME aren't they? You can do so many different exercises with them. Just for fun...try a Turkish Get-Up. They will destroy your core and make you hit the ball ridiculously far....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmzFAgYCAu0

I guess I should add an official post. I have lost 40lbs. as of this morning and am well on my way to my goal of 200lbs. I started at 250lbs. and I was embarrassed to do anything that required physical activity. Now at 210lbs. I feel amazing. Admittedly, my golf swing has suffered...Ive been playing fat for years. LOL

On a side note, I did get to buy all new golf clothes!! Anybody in Utah need size XL golf polos? price is free.99

I guess I should add an official post. I have lost 40lbs. as of this morning and am well on my way to my goal of 200lbs. I started at 250lbs. and I was embarrassed to do anything that required physical activity. Now at 210lbs. I feel amazing. Admittedly, my golf swing has suffered...Ive been playing fat for years. LOL

On a side note, I did get to buy all new golf clothes!! Anybody in Utah need size XL golf polos? price is free.99

Great job TYork! You will have to see a swing coach to revamp your swing around that lean mean fighting machine now lol... Proud for ya.

congrats my man! looks like your well on your way to your goal! Kettle bell are AWESOME aren't they? You can do so many different exercises with them. Just for fun...try a Turkish Get-Up. They will destroy your core and make you hit the ball ridiculously far....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmzFAgYCAu0

That exercise is a beast! I'm adding it to my sets/reps this month. I was only doing swings the last 45 days to get back in the exercise mode.

I am sticking to my new routine of the INSANITY workouts 4-5 days a week, 4 smaller meals a day consisting of:

BREAKFAST: hard boiled egg, yogurt, granola or cereal
MID BREAKFAST: small sandwich, fruit
LATE LUNCH: fruit, energy bar or smoothie
DINNER: steak/fish/chicken, salad

No soda, 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Lots of water and very little alcohol. I have lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks! :)

I am sticking to my new routine of the INSANITY workouts 4-5 days a week, 4 smaller meals a day consisting of:

BREAKFAST: hard boiled egg, yogurt, granola or cereal
MID BREAKFAST: small sandwich, fruit
LATE LUNCH: fruit, energy bar or smoothie
DINNER: steak/fish/chicken, salad

No soda, 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Lots of water and very little alcohol. I have lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks! :)

Man that is a great job and look at you peeling the pounds off!!!! :clapp:

I had a great workout today at my gym and it makes you feel so alive once you finish. I have one more month on my gym contract and I will be signing up for another term! I got to as it makes me feel so much better physically and mentally. Anyone on the curb or have slacked off working out get back out there and do it. Even if you don't melt the lbs off like Tomahawk you will feel better and your body will thank ya!

Man that is a great job and look at you peeling the pounds off!!!! :clapp:

I had a great workout today at my gym and it makes you feel so alive once you finish. I have one more month on my gym contract and I will be signing up for another term! I got to as it makes me feel so much better physically and mentally. Anyone on the curb or have slacked off working out get back out there and do it. Even if you don't melt the lbs off like Tomahawk you will feel better and your body will thank ya!

Great job OG. There is no doubt that working out makes you feel more alive.

Both exercise and health a directly proportional with each other. If some one do the exercise then it will be healthy and if someone do the will not do the exercise then it will not be the healthy person.

Last edited:
Exercise are very essential activity of our routine to keep fit and healthy ourself. There are some best exercises which are good for health:
1. Swimming
2. Bicycling.
3. Yoga
4. Running.

Today I turned 61 years young and I feel pretty darn good for this plateau in my life. I had a lady at the gym who was driving a school bus when I was a few years back and she had a stunned look on her face, when I told her today was my B-Day. She asked my age and then promptly replied no way! She was probably politicking for a spot on my elliptical machine but it felt good anyway. I promised myself another year in the gym as my present to myself! I might be a year older but I feel a bit stronger too :D.

Today I turned 61 years young and I feel pretty darn good for this plateau in my life. I had a lady at the gym who was driving a school bus when I was a few years back and she had a stunned look on her face, when I told her today was my B-Day. She asked my age and then promptly replied no way! She was probably politicking for a spot on my elliptical machine but it felt good anyway. I promised myself another year in the gym as my present to myself! I might be a year older but I feel a bit stronger too :D.
I think she was digging what Ole Gray was laying down in that gym for sure! Good work though, you're feeling great and that's awesome. Good for you buddy.

I've been making a real effort to do stretch exercises every day. I just did these and a few others. Feels so good to stretch it out and it's easy to do these from your office chair.

I finally re-installed the Extra 20 Yards machine in our exercise room. It had been downstairs and we weren't using it.

So first time use in probably three or four months today, and I forgot how much of a workout it was.

My club pro said that you burn around 3000 calories from swinging a golf club, I'm not sure where he got those numbers from,but, I have lost 20 pounds in the last few months from golf. In february I weighed 184 and the whole month of march I golfed at least 9 holes every day with a push cart and I went down to 160. I feel great and healthy now ahah!

Back