Expensive putter covers?

I think I might be interested in a putter cover if the putter I game was worth more than $40. I noticed the other day that it was getting dinged up riding with my wedges in my bag so it’s by itself with my driver now. Hopefully it’s happy.
I had a putter cover that cost ~5x the putter that was in it for a majority of last year. ?

All of these equipment review threads has me wanting to look at new putters. If I got a new one I'd want a cover for it.

No different than high end golf bags or anything else. If it allows people to show some personality and they're happy with it, who am I to judge?

I usually just like to have one that matches the putter itself. however, with the scotty I have incoming I've been looking places...found one that can fit a divot tool in the head as well, which I'm really intrigued by...however its yellow and doesn't really the black/navy/red/grey thing I have going with my current bag.

No different than high end golf bags or anything else. If it allows people to show some personality and they're happy with it, who am I to judge?
Amen. A little flash can be a good thing :)

AB1351F0-3455-4C94-B773-3BC99B89A91A.jpeg

I just bought this in patent leather black, red, white. I have a cuddle clones driver head cover. My bag is a solid gray ping hoofer with no logo or branding. I wear a distinct bucket hat on the course, and i even make sure I have “cool” shoes while I struggle to break 100 some days.

My golf bag is the first thing you see when you walk into my place (it’s in the foyer). If it doesn’t pop, it makes the decor of my home look eh.

Expensive putter covers are not my thing, but I don't begrudge anyone for liking them.

I buy some, flip some so that I can buy more. Wash rinse repeat. I have pretty much gotten to the point that buying and flipping basically pays for itself.

To some it's like collecting baseball cards or fine art. What ever floats your boat, or in this case covers you putter. As for me $40 would probably be the most I would spend, unless it really just blew me away.

I saw this really cool ping blade cover at golf galaxy when I was there getting my new scotty regripped, but I don't have a ping blade so I didn't purchase it.

Last thing I want to do is put an expensive "collectable" Scotty cover on mine. Or even an OEM Scotty headcover...the putters already are thief magnets. (Thank goodness the stock yellow Phantom X cover is so ugly so I'm not tempted!) Presently I've got a $35 PGR originals mine that looks good and fiits well, but I've got a Rose and Fire Ballistic Nylon one on the way for even better protection and stealth.

Last edited:
Men are, by nature, hunters & collectors so if you've got the discretionary income why not collect expensive covers if it makes you happy? Me I'll use the $300 from that putter cover and play 6-7 more rounds.

Is this a collectible thing? I see some pretty expensive putter covers from Scotty Cameron and Bettinardi, etc. Personally, I bought a putter cover with my college logo on it for $25 to cover my anser style putter. It did not cost much more than a generic one with no logo. Works for me.
My wife plays a Scotty Cameron but puts a cheap cover on it. Her opinion is that nobody is going to steal an old beatup Yes.

Never been afraid of someone stealing my putter till now.
I had one of the early Ping putters lifted out of my bag about 40 years ago when I left my bag for just long enough to pay my green fee 30 feet from it. Found it was missing when I got to the first green. My putting was terrible for years after that.

When I bought my current Scotty in Maui last Fall I expressed my desire to also get a non-OEM cover. A fitter and store manager were helping me out and both said it was a VERY good idea.

I use non-OEM covers on my other clubs as well and I think it is probably more of an issue on"resort" type courses when I travel. Clubs are in a power cart before the tee time, even if one does his best to keep an eye on them. Sometimes one can't drive right up to a grass range, so a lot of folks just grab a few clubs and leave the rest of the gear in the cart on the cartpath, maybe as much as 75 feet away from the range. Opportunity knocks.

At home I'm generally playing with my men's group and in a pushcart. Though I keep the clubs close, I still use "stealth" covers on my clubs, not just my putter. I MIGHT consider putting the G410 covers back on my driver and 5W in the Spring for home rounds as they do look sharp, but probably not. Besides I don't need to advertise what clubs I have in my bag or how much I might have pad for them.

Last edited:
My wife plays a Scotty Cameron but puts a cheap cover on it. Her opinion is that nobody is going to steal an old beatup Yes.
I do the same thing. I figure why advertise the expensive putter I have, especially since I play on a number of area courses? I bought a 10.00 fleabay cover (nice one too) and that goes on my scotty. The only time anyone would know it is a scotty is when I pull it out of the bag and use it.

I have that Nike air Jordan aftermarket putter cover. I’m hoping that’s a good call.

would that theft be covered by my homeowners insurance?

I have that Nike air Jordan aftermarket putter cover. I’m hoping that’s a good call.

would that theft be covered by my homeowners insurance?
Ask your agent. I have a separate rider on all my clubs though there is already some sporting goods coverage. You probably would need to have a current value for that cover so you might want to search it out on eBay etc. before you talk to your agent.

But you raise another point...I figure the expensive covers- not just putter covers- are probably a thief magnet. Much easier to steal and hide, say an expensive putter cover, or Dormie driver cover and slip it into your bag and drive off than stealing the actual club.

I love covers. People can show off their personality or just have a little fun.

Any plans to bring back THP covers. I was not a forum member when they were available.

I got a couple from the Odyssey event last year that are really nice but I doubt I'd spend much more than $25-30 for one myself. OEM headcover is good for me.
I’d say that’s my limit as well. I just don’t have the need.

I love covers. People can show off their personality or just have a little fun.
Bingo, this is forever my take as well.
(y)

I mean some like to cover their goods in expensive attire. I for one just like to shop from the clearance rack.

So spending $330 on one was a bad idea? Whoops

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back