My new putter headcover.

Attachments

• DEA054EA-D128-4920-B5F6-636BF1709850.jpeg
    DEA054EA-D128-4920-B5F6-636BF1709850.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 33E9D3A8-378C-432A-A1ED-25B548750DE5.jpeg
    33E9D3A8-378C-432A-A1ED-25B548750DE5.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 9
I've just bought a couple of expensive head covers-my first ever such purchase. I'm happy with them and like having a little bling in my bag. It certainly doesn't make me a better putter/driver, but a little bling along the way never hurts.

I have had family and friends have their clubs taken from their bags so I never use an OEM cover. I use Stealth covers on my putters and plain old style fuzzy ones on my driver and woods. Hybrids also have a plain cover.

Last edited:
I had one of the early Ping putters lifted out of my bag about 40 years ago when I left my bag for just long enough to pay my green fee 30 feet from it. Found it was missing when I got to the first green. My putting was terrible for years after that.

When I bought my current Scotty in Maui last Fall I expressed my desire to also get a non-OEM cover. A fitter and store manager were helping me out and both said it was a VERY good idea.

I use non-OEM covers on my other clubs as well and I think it is probably more of an issue on"resort" type courses when I travel. Clubs are in a power cart before the tee time, even if one does his best to keep an eye on them. Sometimes one can't drive right up to a grass range, so a lot of folks just grab a few clubs and leave the rest of the gear in the cart on the cartpath, maybe as much as 75 feet away from the range. Opportunity knocks.

At home I'm generally playing with my men's group and in a pushcart. Though I keep the clubs close, I still use "stealth" covers on my clubs, not just my putter. I MIGHT consider putting the G410 covers back on my driver and 5W in the Spring for home rounds as they do look sharp, but probably not. Besides I don't need to advertise what clubs I have in my bag or how much I might have pad for them.
Hmm...maybe a bit of a back-track here? I just treated myself to a Dormie Canadian-themed driver cover just in time for a Palm Springs trip that isn't OEM but I wouldn't class it as "stealth" either and I guess it could be a magnet. Looks good with my "stealth" Rose & Fire ballistic nylon with leather number covers on my 5W and 7W. Also have the driver and putter covers, though currently am using a different non-OEM putter cover.

Ive gotten into these lately. Couple of companies I really like.

Strokes Gained and PRG are real nice quality but finding a good putter cover in a pro shop is a favorite of mine.

My golf game might look like crap, but at least my clubs and club covers look good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why buy a BMW when a Corolla will get you to your destination?

Or your own feet. I've never used a putter headcover and all of mine are in a crate somewhere that I haven't seen since our move almost 2 years ago.

Never thought I would be buying any expensive covers for my putters, but that is exactly what I find myself doing. Maybe I've just got too much time on my hands now that I'm retired. But some of these headcovers are way so cool looking.

When I got my Spider X from a THP member, it came with the mySpider headcover and he threw in a blade Taylormade putter headcover too. An unexpected surprise!

im just diving into the rabbit hole of custom scotty headcovers and such.......only have 4 at the moment but I just added the Club Cameron membership so that number will drastically increase by the end of this year lol

Any recommendations on a generic looking putter headcover for a Spider X? I'm thinking that is a good idea when at a public course or driving range.

Any recommendations on a generic looking putter headcover for a Spider X? I'm thinking that is a good idea when at a public course or driving range.
I forgot to mention Rose & Fire, especially the Ballistic nylon one if you want a more budget special one. Quality, will last a long time and certainly stealth. Velcro closure. A mallet one is going on my Scotty next week. $37 bucks US (before any discount when you "spin the wheel" and shipping. The sizing guide seems to be ok for your Spider, but here's the sizing guide and they respond quickly to questions.
https://www.roseandfire.com/pages/headcover-sizing

I forgot to mention Rose & Fire, especially the Ballistic nylon one if you want a more budget special one. Quality, will last a long time and certainly stealth. Velcro closure. A mallet one is going on my Scotty next week. $37 bucks US (before any discount when you "spin the wheel" and shipping. The sizing guide seems to be ok for your Spider, but here's the sizing guide and they respond quickly to questions.
https://www.roseandfire.com/pages/headcover-sizing
Their drop down boxes don't seem to include mallet putters.

Their drop down boxes don't seem to include mallet putters.
Try this link....
I misquoted the price...$39 US minus any discount. I had a mid-mallet ballistic nylon on my prior Scotty mallet and still have them on my fairways and sometimes driver. It said a month delay but they had some on hand a few weeks ago and it went right out. You could call and check stock on hand if interested...I did that the other day about the hybrid covers.

Last edited:
Or your own feet. I've never used a putter headcover and all of mine are in a crate somewhere that I haven't seen since our move almost 2 years ago.
Don't your putters get banged up? If that doesn't matter to you, or if you don't care about any resale, that's cool, but it does to me.

I don't buy expensive clubs so it would be ridiculous to have expensive covers for them.

Back