mski

Reaction score
Handicap
9 USGA
When you look at the ball do you look at the top of the ball or the back of the ball when about to hit a shot?
When teeing off do you put words up or mark up or just plop it on the tee and hit away?
When putting, where do you look at the ball, top or back? Are words, lines, marks up or just hit as it lies?

On drives I put words up. As it lies in play I look at the back half of the ball. On the green I put my markings in the direction of the putt and look at those markings.

Just curious how others "keep their eye on the ball".

I try not to focus on the ball too much, but I usually hide the logo or line if I have one drawn on it. It's weird. I know it's there, but I just make sure to see it and not really focus on it, if that makes sense. I really struggle with this with the putter. I start to focus on the ball too much and my concentration will struggle.

I look at the inside corner of the ball with my driver, basically at the spot at 45° off the middle of the ball, down the first base line.

With irons I have been looking at a spot a few inches in front of the ball.

I look at the back of the ball for everything. Driver, irons, putter, all of em just look at the back of the ball, not sure why I do it, but it's something I've always done.

It's a lie to say I don't keep my eye on the ball, but I'm trying to focus my brain on a point in the ground 1" in front of the golf ball, especially with irons. It's where I want to hit to. With driver, it's where I want the golf club moving the fastest, and it's the lowest point in the golf swing.

Much like Smalls I pick a dimple on the inside quarter of the ball when hitting driver and look at the front of the ball for other shots, it seems to work for me.

I look at the back of the ball for everything. Driver, irons, putter, all of em just look at the back of the ball, not sure why I do it, but it's something I've always done.

+2
Exactly

I just look at the ball. No certain part on purpose. Try to hide all ball marking when putting on the tee to drive and use the balls alignment markings to point that on my intended line when putting.

Pretty much back of the ball for all shots and I want my eyes straight down over the ball for putting.

I pick a spot approx 2" in front of the ball with irons, and the back inside corner with driver. Looking in front with irons really helped me start making better contact.

I just look at the ball, and I try to keep looking at where the ball was until my arms have fully extended.

For putting I'll focus on the alignment of my putter to the ball. For driver, the ball is randomly set on the tee. I don't look at any part of the ball specifically when I hit irons. Maybe I'll try looking at spots like others have suggested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back