Eye Opening Experience.....Driver Fitting

Z785 9.5 with factory HZRDUS Black 60S. All standard. Definitely going to get sold with about 15 rounds on it.

Msg me a price. No promises, but I might be interested. That HZRDUS Black has worked well for me in the past. I've never hit the 60 or the Z785 driver, but I might be willing to give it a shot.

I hope my upcoming fitting is as good an experience as yours.

I was just about to ask if launch meter number were the only way to tell if loft should be adjusted. I think your post answers that. You can only trust “by eye” do much. The full data set is a must for making these adjustments. And the eye of a pro is critical for the big picture improvements.

I love reading about these successful club fittings. My own experiences have been more variable. No matter how good the fitter, he can only work with the swing I have on that day and that hour. For me, this hasn't always been the same as the swing I might have a week or a month later. And I also have to fight the tendency to swing harder because I am in a fitting.

That's awesome. I have a driver fitting scheduled for next week. Time to stop messing around and get optimized.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It will pay off for you on the course. I’m fortunate to work part time at a friends golf shop, so l can do my own fittings which in turn helps me a lot. ?

Awesome gains! #GetFit

Congrats on the huge gains! I might take the plunge on a proper driving fitting this fall from a place called Totally Driven. I’m pretty sure the couple “professional” fittings I’ve done weren’t very helpful. I’d be happy to pay $200 plus the cost of a new driver or shaft to pickup just 7-10 yards.

Excellent write up and congrats on getting some great gains! The physics behind this game can be baffling at times, but the data doesn't lie. When I got fit for my epic flash I was sure the tensei blue would be the right shaft for me. After we completed, the Hazrdous smoke 70g was the clear winner and a shaft I never would've tried in the first place to be honest. My SS is right around 100 and I had never tried a shaft in that weight category before. It is amazing what the right shaft/head combo can produce for each unique swing.

It has arrived! I shall name it "Teapot". Because it's short and stout. I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow!teapot2.jpgteapot3.jpgteapot5.jpgteapot1.jpgteapot4.jpg

Getting fitted makes a HUGE difference. At least for me it did like it did for you. I used to hit the ball a mile high with tons of spin. Now using the EF SZ with the 70g smoke shaft I hit it around 90-100 high with spin around 2400. And I picked up over 30 yards of carry and ton more roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy for you and wish more of us experienced that ah-ha moment. I get it that fittings cost money and it doesn't help that we've got some 'fitters' that really don't do the job. But when you get the real deal, everything you said comes true.

When you are ready for an iron fitting, keep in mind that the objectives are different. Irons are your scoring clubs, so the #1 objective is minimum dispersion: left, right, forward and back. These are the clubs you are going to use to hit approach shots into the green. The more greens you hit and closer to the hole you get, the lower your scores. After that, it's gapping. But that is easy for a fitter.

Back