F18 Tour - Quantix Golf

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Quantix Golf is not wasting any time releasing its new Tour ball - the F18 Tour - and just in time for the golf lockdown to end. A dozen F18 Tour balls just dropped on my doorstep and I'm ready to test them out, but with a little twist.

I want to try to take the community along for the ride with this review and the best way I could think to do that was the give everyone the chance to vote on which balls they want to see in the direct comparison with data. I'll get a photo in the thread with all of the options - some surlyn and some urethane.

IMG_3724.jpeg

From the company:

Optimized for medium-high/high swing speeds.

Improve your distance, accuracy, ball speed, and greenside spin with the F18 Tour.

With the F18 Tour, you can be assured your ball will perform to its maximum legal capability while giving you the most control around the greens than ever before.

Don't overpay for false hype, pay for performance you can only find at Quantix Golf.

Our 3pc. Premium Urethane Tour Ball brings you everything you have wanted and needed in the most complete Tour Ball.

Player Benefits

• Low Driver Spin
  • Soft Feel
  • Tour Level Flight Trajectory
  • High Green Side Spin
  • Tour Level Distance
  • Maximized Control From Tee to Green
Quantix's product page for the F18 Tour is here: https://quantixgolf.com/collections/golf-balls/products/f18-tour

Or you can find more on Quantix's other ball, the F35 Control, in the below:

One massive improvement over the F35 is the sound off a putter. Massive, massive improvement.

One massive improvement over the F35 is the sound off a putter. Massive, massive improvement.

I would assume a bit softer/fuller sounding?

I would assume a bit softer/fuller sounding?
Definitely more full sounding. The F35 sounded really high pitched. The F18 has more of a traditional sound - close to a chromesoft sound.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Why Not? Good price. Seems to read pretty well.

I played a round of sim golf with these and I’ve got some thoughts bumping around in my head but I’m happy to report the durability past my first test - very little wedge damage visible. The driver spin was about where I’d expect (actually a bit lower) and iron spin was about right as well. The urethane cover is a welcome addition and it responds on partial wedge shots. Any way, no real data to share because it was more of a “blow off steam before getting back to work” round but first impression was positive.

Positive is a good thing. Looking forward to following along.

I played the F35 around 2 months before the F18 came out. The performance of the F35 was very good for me. Then the F18's came in and the performance is even better! The performance of the F18 with the Urethane cover has been exceptional! I am thrilled with my distance off the tee and control around the green, but the biggest suprise out of the Quantix Urethane cover has been the durability! I played 25 holes with the same ball (before I lost it :cautious:) and it still looked like new.

I’ve spent about four hours on a simulator hitting these bad boys and 9 holes (with another brand as a control to compare). My early impressions were mostly confirmed - namely pretty ideal spin numbers on irons and with lower spin off the driver than I’m used to.

I hit a few wedge shots that made me happy - little touch shots that hit and grabbed on the wet greens.

The F18 Tour rode the wind better than the control ball, although I’m not what to make of that. It was consistently longer with a helping wind. Into the wind was a slightly different story - minor distance drop but nothing outside of normal swing variations with me. More or less inconclusive but it’s worth noting.

I am a bit concerned with the cover over a long period of time because I’m seeing inconsistent results. The first ball lasted a while on the simulator before it needed to be replaced (it got the grainy texture most balls get after a while, much like a range ball). That was positive. On the course I tore the cover with a flushed 7 iron- not new grooves- on its second hole. The replacement ball lasted the rest of the round with no issue. Jury is still out.

I’ve spent about four hours on a simulator hitting these bad boys and 9 holes (with another brand as a control to compare). My early impressions were mostly confirmed - namely pretty ideal spin numbers on irons and with lower spin off the driver than I’m used to.

I hit a few wedge shots that made me happy - little touch shots that hit and grabbed on the wet greens.

The F18 Tour rode the wind better than the control ball, although I’m not what to make of that. It was consistently longer with a helping wind. Into the wind was a slightly different story - minor distance drop but nothing outside of normal swing variations with me. More or less inconclusive but it’s worth noting.

I am a bit concerned with the cover over a long period of time because I’m seeing inconsistent results. The first ball lasted a while on the simulator before it needed to be replaced (it got the grainy texture most balls get after a while, much like a range ball). That was positive. On the course I tore the cover with a flushed 7 iron- not new grooves- on its second hole. The replacement ball lasted the rest of the round with no issue. Jury is still out.
Don’t know about the ball but.....Four hours on a sim. I’m really impressed with that!!

Don’t know about the ball but.....Four hours on a sim. I’m really impressed with that!!
Haha thanks, It was over the last few weeks. I need to get the voting up for the head to head data today because the testing will be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Here is a picture of the F18 that I have been playing for the last 32 holes. I played 14 holes with it the last round and 18 holes yesterday. I have abused this ball a little but you can see the biggest scuff on the cover and it is still playing great. I going to keep playing this ball until I lose it or damage it to the point that I can't play it.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200503_192953.jpg
    thumbnail_20200503_192953.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 8
Here is a picture of the F18 that I have been playing for the last 32 holes. I played 14 holes with it the last round and 18 holes yesterday. I have abused this ball a little but you can see the biggest scuff on the cover and it is still playing great. I going to keep playing this ball until I lose it or damage it to the point that I can't play it.
I’m not sure what I’m more impressed with, the +2 round, the ball condition after 32 holes, or the number of birdies.

So I got a chance to put these on the monitor, and I will leave it to @Molten help dial in the feedback. I saw similar short game numbers to the Cut golf ball (which is a good thing).

Their pricing strategy is super interesting to me, pricing surlyn and urethane balls so close together.

So I got a chance to put these on the monitor, and I will leave it to @Molten help dial in the feedback. I saw similar short game numbers to the Cut golf ball (which is a good thing).

Their pricing strategy is super interesting to me, pricing surlyn and urethane balls so close together.
Which Cut model?

Alright - let’s hear from the THPers. Head to head (to head to head). Which balls do you want as a direct comparison with the F18?

The F35 will be in the test. Your other options are:

Bridgestone RX
Bridgestone RXS
ZStar
ZStar XV
Prov1
Prov1x
Duo U
E12 Speed
Cut Blue DC
AVX
Velocity
Tour Soft
ChromeSoft
ChromeSoft X
TP5

I will include up to 4 others.

I’ll give it a compare. I think I have one or two here.

It was really close for me in short game spin. Cut Blue spun a few hundred RPMs more.

RX! New model.

Alright - let’s hear from the THPers. Head to head (to head to head). Which balls do you want as a direct comparison with the F18?

The F35 will be in the test. Your other options are:

Bridgestone RX
Bridgestone RXS
ZStar
ZStar XV
Prov1
Prov1x
Duo U
E12 Speed
Cut Blue DC
AVX
Velocity
Tour Soft
ChromeSoft
ChromeSoft X
TP5

I will include up to 4 others.
Bumping this up for some more votes - don’t want it to be buried.

Back