F4 Laser Cross Putting Alignment Aid Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Experience a putter fitting, and one thing you will undoubtedly hear about is how you aim your putter. There are putters out on the market that promote an easier-to-aim design because, at the very least, if your aim is off, the chances of consistently making putts decrease. Of all the different ways of working on one’s aim with a flatstick, perhaps none is more revealing than using a laser. Over the last few weeks, I’ve spent time with the F4 Laser Cross Putting Alignment Aid to see how much this device can help my putting. 

F4-Laster-Cross-Putting-Alignment-Aid-Review-1.jpeg

I am all for training aids that are straightforward to use, which was the feeling I got when I went through this unboxing experience. The cradle that clips onto the putter shaft, the laser, and a micro-USB charging cable is all the hardware found inside the box. Once you are ready, the setup process takes a matter of seconds...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Interesting, not a bad little gadget for the price point. $59.99 is pretty darn reasonable. Good review ddec!

That’s pretty solid for 60 bucks. Did you notice more your stroke was too much inside @ddec or that you were manipulating the face a bit through impact?

@ddec Great review. As someone who is going to be trying to putt a lot more this winter, I may look into this for the basement green. $60 is a great price point

Cool little laser. This could be really useful for those looking to improve alignment with putting. Probably one of the easiest things to do and that price isn't bad at all

Without having a friend behind you with the laser, can you just turn it on attached to the putter? Meaning you set up to the ball without it on and when you feel like you're aimed correctly, turn it on. Then it tells you where you were actually aiming without the need for an additional person.

• Staff
Without having a friend behind you with the laser, can you just turn it on attached to the putter? Meaning you set up to the ball without it on and when you feel like you're aimed correctly, turn it on. Then it tells you where you were actually aiming without the need for an additional person.

yes, you can turn it on or off while it's attached.

• Staff
That’s pretty solid for 60 bucks. Did you notice more your stroke was too much inside @ddec or that you were manipulating the face a bit through impact?

I can definitely see the path of my stroke better. Moreso, the rotation of the face through, which is kind of wild.

yes, you can turn it on or off while it's attached.
Ok good. Then it may be helpful to realize where you are actually aiming. You're eyes can be deceiving you ;)

Prior to reading my thoughts were no way...Read and price point and I am now in the maybe camp...Nice piece Dean

Prior to reading my thoughts were no way...Read and price point and I am now in the maybe camp...Nice piece Dean

and I think that's pretty fair. I won't say my thoughts were all that different. A fun little tool for indoor putting, esp in the winter. The price point isn't a killer.

BTW, it is important to make sure you set it up properly, examples below...

Correct, with the laser on the side of the shaft. Can see how things line up and everything more in front of the putter face

Laser-1-2-S.jpg

Incorrect, with laser on the top end of the shaft. Becomes very putter dependant on how close to the alignment aid laser will point

Kind of works here...
Laser-5-S.jpg

Not as much here

Laser-6-S.jpg

BTW, it is important to make sure you set it up properly, examples below...

Correct, with the laser on the side of the shaft. Can see how things line up and everything more in front of the putter face

Laser-1-2-S.jpg

Incorrect, with laser on the top end of the shaft. Becomes very putter dependant on how close to the alignment aid laser will point

Kind of works here...
Laser-5-S.jpg

Not as much here

Laser-6-S.jpg
Were the bottom ones due to bad setup position, or was that the best that they could be aligned? Does the shape of the putter affect how the alignment works?

and I think that's pretty fair. I won't say my thoughts were all that different. A fun little tool for indoor putting, esp in the winter. The price point isn't a killer.

I'm very intrigued at this price!

Were the bottom ones due to bad setup position, or was that the best that they could be aligned? Does the shape of the putter affect how the alignment works?

that was the best I could them, however they were set up incorrectly which is what I was trying to show. But you could get away with it on some putters, like the Spider Tour it worked ok. But as you can see the Cobra putter it wouldn't. Now if you set it up properly with the laser pointing in front of the face, it works well o every single one of them, including the Cobra model.

Price point makes it a possibility for sure. Putting is one part of my game that I’m devoting time to this winter.

How bright was the laser? Did you need a dark room to see it or was it visible in daylight

This is very interesting, just now seeing this and has me really intrigued.

Little bump to this one. Got a new Eleven Two Ball putter in today, so no traditional alignment line on it. But I decided to hook this guy up while rolling some putts on my truline big murph. Feel like I was getting a good line on the ball and getting it to start on my intended line. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't already starting with the face slighly open or closed. Everything kind of checked out, so hopefully get a good putting performance out of the new flat stick these next two days.

Little bump to this one. Got a new Eleven Two Ball putter in today, so no traditional alignment line on it. But I decided to hook this guy up while rolling some putts on my truline big murph. Feel like I was getting a good line on the ball and getting it to start on my intended line. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't already starting with the face slighly open or closed. Everything kind of checked out, so hopefully get a good putting performance out of the new flat stick these next two days.
Thats pretty cool.

Thats pretty cool.

it's handy, nice little check up to make sure I'm seeing things properly. At least for tonight.

Back