Face Book: Are You A Member

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
I've never paid much attention to Face Book and now I'm wondering if I'm missing something. How many of you THPers are members on Face Book? How often do you use it?

👎 Not I. Two forums and LinkedIn are my only social media presence.

No social media for me. I’m not on snapface or instachat.

I’m on Twitter and instagram mostly for golf related content . No Facebook for me.

I am on FB it’s good and bad

I've been on FB for 12 years. It was a very good thing while I was stationed overseas.

I am on to keep up with family, my neighborhood and classmates.

I get on Facebook for alerting family of big life moments (from Ohio but living in Charleston SC). But that is IT. Other than that it’s exclusively Twitter and a little Instagram.

Facebook is awful, just awful. It’s nothing but (insert extreme political comment here) or (my child has X ailment, what do I do). And my favorite is (look at my kid, they’re 5 months today).

No one wants to see a photo op of your child celebrating every month in their first year. Nobody cares that your kids poop is green. Every political candidate says whatever it takes to get elected, they don’t really care about you.

Lol I know I’m on a rant but Dear Jesus I miss the days when it was a .edu site

I got on facebook when it first released to .edu accounts and it's changed to the point of limited use for me. I maintain because of family and golf BSTs haha
All of the above for me too! Rarely go on their anymore!

You're not missing out on much. I have it and get on at least once a day but don't get anything good out if it. Most of the time I wonder why I still have it at all. But then you have awesome giveaways/interactions like the THP / UST Mamiya shaft giveaway and any interaction that brings more eyes to THP and golf works for me

Been on it for about 10 years. It's a good way to stay in touch with friends & family across the country, but now it has turned into a crap load of politics & ads.

I signed up to twit and insta-something at the urging of THP. I’d be lying if I said I followed them closely. Majorly lying although I did post on both when Bridgestone and THP were so nice and generous to me last summer.

I was on Facebook for a while, it was kind of nice to keep in contact with relatives that I rarely if ever see. But then the more “friends” I had the more I realized it’s mostly a voice box for most to post BS and political crap that I have zero interest in (mom, looking at you...lol)

What did it in for me ultimately was someone hacked my account and posted inappropriate pictures that were vulgar. I’ve made a few enemies (who me??) over the years so likely the work of one of them. I rarely visited it then so I have no idea how long they were up before someone alerted me. I wrote an apology, explained it wasn’t me, and deleted the app. Which means nothing because I still have the account, I’m not even sure how to delete it nor do I care.

But I sure don’t use it anymore (other than to occasionally try to track down someone without violating hippa laws-don’t ask-but it’s pretty amazingly easy to do, even for a Neanderthal like me).

I do have Facebook and I do enjoy seeing the families of the people I like.

Have an account but don't go on it ,or enjoy it, near as much as Twitter and Instagram.

I am on it, mainly to see what is going on with extended family.

Other than that, I have no use for it.

I am on it, but purely for the groups. They are quite convenient and useful, as much as I hate facebook overall.

I rarely ever do facebloat and other anti-social media. I know a lot of folks do that these days, but I do attempt to have a life without always transferring data packets. :ROFLMAO:

Yes I am. Mostly for my fishing hobby but not much lately.

I’m not and don’t see a need. My college age kids use other platforms like Instagram so I do use that occasionally to keep track of what they are posting. It will be interesting to see if Facebook maintains it’s popularity a decade from now as my three children and all their friends all believe Facebook is for old(age 30 and up) people and make fun of it, lol.

Last edited:
Nope. None of them for me.

I have accounts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram but very rarely post anything on any of them, and I couldn't tell you the last time I opened Twitter

I've got Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I don't post much on them... only when needed for a contest as of late. I trimmed down some of who I follow on twitter... removed some I no longer cared about, added some golf related.

I had the face books for 14/15 years but deactivated it about a year ago. Sounds like I left at a good time.

Back