Facial Hair or Clean Shaved?

Facial Hair or Clean Shaved?

• Yes, I have facial hair

Votes: 73 77.7%
  • I’m smooth as a baby’s bottom

Votes: 21 22.3%

• Total voters
I’m a 1-3 times/week shaver and usually take care of it before it gets too gross looking. It’s always been real patchy and awkward but radiation to the face and neck really put a nail in the coffin as far as my ability to grow anything respectable hahahaha

I have had facial hair since I was first able to grow a mustache as a teenager. It's always been at least a mustache. As an adult, it's almost always been a goatee. I've tried full beard a few times, and it's just not for me.

I've got a pitiful goatee but the wife won't let me shave it...

I've had a Gotee forever. But lately just letting the beard grow out since I have to keep it covered up anyway.

I've had some facial hair for awhile. Went clean shaven for a time when I was volunteering at the fire hall, but have since grown it back.

4-1 right now in favor of facial hair lol

I’m clean shaven as my work does not allow facial hair

I usually have a goatee but from time to time consider a beard then it makes me look old so I shave it but it's been years since I've seen my chin.

I don’t even remember what my face looks like anymore. It’s probably a good thing too 😂

Last edited:
I got tired of shaving about 8 years ago. I will occasionally trim my beard back but I will not shave to smooth skin.

Clean shaved. I shave 2-3 times a week. Not because it grows fast because it doesn’t, I just don’t do the facial hair thing.

I was clean shaven for a long time when I was still doing police work. My wife was the one encouraging a career change and I often wonder if it was simply because she missed my goatee.
We were allowed mustaches, but they had to be kept short (I pushed the envelope a lot, haha). I'd always grow a goatee during vacations and my wife hated it when I had to shave it off to go back to work. After I retired I grew the goatee out and now I alternate between just the mustache or the goatee. I grew a beard in October/November, wife wasn't crazy about it and it drove me nuts so I trimmed it back to goatee.

I've had at least a mustache since I was 16 years old. I've gone clean shaven a few times and I feel completely naked without at least the 'stache.

I started growing a mustache and beard on December 8, 1980. The day John Lennon died. Have had both ever since. The beard was reddish back then. It’s gray now.
That is an impressively long time to have a beard! And without shaving it all off at least once!

We were allowed mustaches, but they had to be kept short (I pushed the envelope a lot, haha). I'd always grow a goatee during vacations and my wife hated it when I had to shave it off to go back to work. After I retired I grew the goatee out and now I alternate between just the mustache or the goatee. I grew a beard in October/November, wife wasn't crazy about it and it drove me nuts so I trimmed it back to goatee.

I've had at least a mustache since I was 16 years old. I've gone clean shaven a few times and I feel completely naked without at least the 'stache.
We got in trouble at the academy over the mustache thing. Basically every departments facial hair guidelines were written in the 60s and allowed mustache and sideburns. Our whole academy class tried to grow mustaches and mutton chip side burns.

I had a Goatee forever until about 2016. Now I keep a short and well defined beard. because of the beard, I can go longer in between shaving because the beard lessons the visual impact of stubble on my neck and upper cheeks. I now shave 1-2 times a week and trim my beard once a week.

What annoys the crap out of me is all this extra hair in stupid places like my ears, nose and eyebrows! Its like I hit a 2nd puberty at 35! lol!

Beard and mustache for 40 years. Shaved once and the wife had a fit

Was doing Taco Tuesday last night and we got to talking about facial hair. Personally, I’ve not shaved my beard in like 5 or 6 years and it didn’t stay gone for more than a week when I did it.

My wife loves my beard, but she has never seen me clean shaved and I’ve recently considered shaving it off mainly just to do it as it wouldn’t take long to grow back anyway.

Anyway THPers, do you have facial hair? Are you clean shaved? Why?
Facial hair. See avatar. I do what is referred to as the, "scruffy goat" where I grow out a goatee/circle beard and let the sides grow a bit scruffy. I like it, my wife likes it and other random women seem to like it too (in an admiring from a distance way, not an up close and personal way); so it works for me.

Interesting timing. I've had a goatee (spelling optional) but shaved it off today.

Some 18 years ago I had a goatee. Since then I pretty much shave every day like clockwork. Have never gone more than 2 days between shaves. Sometimes think about growing a beard but I am not into a lot grey and I refuse to dye anything. So continuing to shave is what I do.

I've trimmed my scruff up and got a hair cut today. Still have my goatee but the rest is gone.

I primarily went clean shaven for the first 10-12 years of my marriage. I would occasionally grow a Christmas beard and then shave it again in January.

About 7 years ago I had a job interview in early January, before I had shaved my Christmas beard. I got the job and then I realized that none of my new colleagues had ever seen me without a beard. I didn't think that I should show up with a different face, so I kept it a little longer. Then it began to seem normal to even me. About a year into the job, I shaved it. I was universally told that I looked better with a beard and that I should never shave again.

Now its just part of my look and even I think I look better with it. :cool:

Clean shaven. Hate beards, find them unseemly and gross. You used to never see beards, especially in the golf world. Not a fan. My 2 cents.

Some 18 years ago I had a goatee. Since then I pretty much shave every day like clockwork. Have never gone more than 2 days between shaves. Sometimes think about growing a beard but I am not into a lot grey and I refuse to dye anything. So continuing to shave is what I do.

Wish I could shave every day without getting some irritation. It's usually every other day or so for me. Any tips? I don't have a super tough beard, but I also don't like the day old stubble I have to have to get a comfortable and reasonably close (a must, why waste my time?) shave.

My wife doesn’t like facial hair so I usually shave every other day or so. I have never gotten more than 5 or 6 days it gets itchy, I get sick of it and shave it off.

Back