Fairway Shafts - What should I look at?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Wanting to tinker, what fairway shafts do you all think I should give a look to?

Anything Accra.

Wanting to tinker, what fairway shafts do you all think I should give a look to?
I should preface by saying I’m not a real tech guy when it comes to equipment (but probably should pay more attention). I have an older Titleist 3 wood with an Diamana ‘ahina 82 flex-S shaft in it and it’s awesome... I don’t know what Diamana is doing these days, as far as shafts go, but I’d take a look.

I have a current Ping 410 3-wood with the stock Alta stiff flex shaft and it’s just not close. I’m going to have it re-shafted and would really love to try something close to the Diamana ‘ahina.

Kbs td 80 gram cat 4 or 5.

tip it an inch or so.

I don’t have your swingspeed but I have an Oban Isawa in my 3W and have been super happy with it. It launches good for me, doesn’t spin too much and is very stable.

Ventus red tipped in epic speed 13.5. You’ll freaking love it

LINQ Blue M40X.

ventus blue, maybe red

rdx blue

regio mb+

just guesses, really. seems like those would be pretty stable but with some smoothness.

Accra. Kinetixx. Aldila

Favorite fw wood shaft is graphite design tp. Can easily launch high or play it low. It's by far my favorite feeling shaft. After tipping it doesn't have the big kick and is just so smooth.

I’m super excited to try the Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue in my 3 wood this year. I expect that the stiff tip and parallel butt will work very well for my FW game. And then add in the counterweight factor, and maybe I’ll sneak in a few extra MPH.

HZRDUS Blue seems fun.

Really pleased with the Kinetixx Launch but don’t know if available stiffer as a S for driver might play too soft for you in a wood.

Really pleased with the Kinetixx Launch but don’t know if available stiffer as a S for driver might play too soft for you in a wood.
Launch comes in many flexes

I’m going with an Attas Cooool 7s this year. Have it in the driver as well and thus far no complaints there. Just waiting on the fairway shaft to arrive.

The Fuji Motore seems to be popular in a few clubs this year, maybe a F3 or F1 in a fairway could be fun. Besides that I'm thinking Ventus Red.

I just put the MMTs in my fairway woods. 1 round on them so far and I liked them so far, but not enough time to tell, not to mention, I played like complete garbage during my round on Friday.

VA Nemesys - Go Counter Balance.....

I tried the Ventus Blue (real deal) in a TM Sim recently and was amazed at the stability and how smooth it felt. My all time favorites for FWs has been Graphite Design for some reason. They are just smooth and stable and easy to launch. I have a GP 7X, which I am hoping to put into a 3W this year - just looking for the right head.

Ventus Red has been really fun for me.

Can’t answer this Question without knowing what you are using now and what you want to change about its performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back