Fairway Wood Advice

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
So I am in the market for a new FW wood. Over the winter I redid my bag from top to bottom less putter. I have in my mind narrowed it down to a few models that I plan to go hit tomorrow on my off day. I was wanting to gather others thoughts and opinions on them before I go tomorrow. Here is the models which are all Callaway since I guess I am drinking the kool-aide.

815 Fw
XR Pro / Non Pro
V Series
X2hot Pro / Non Pro
Big Bertha

I LOVE the B Stone J40 FW, you can get them pretty cheap now

I love my X2hot 5deep. Easy to hit off the tee and the fairways/rough.

Others love their Heavenwoods.

Hit as many as you can, and make the most informed decision on what would be good for you.

Im still using last year's Bertha and absolutely love it. You can get them pretty cheap now too.

Im still using last year's Bertha and absolutely love it. You can get them pretty cheap now too.

Seconded! Awesome freakin fairway wood.

I was wanting to gather others thoughts and opinions on them before I go tomorrow. Here is the models which are all Callaway since I guess I am drinking the kool-aide.

815 Fw
XR Pro / Non Pro
V Series
X2hot Pro / Non Pro
Big Bertha
The V Series is SUPER easy to elevate, bordering on too much trajectory for some (if you struggle to get the ball in the air this is a great choice; if you already hit a high ball, maybe not). Most in the review thread agree it is extremely straight and reliable and equally good off the tee or deck. It may not be the absolute longest 3W, though it isn't short either. Personally, I also love the profile and sole.

I'd go with the XR or the 815, it really depends on if you want adjustability.

If you want something that's easy to launch off the tee or fairway, great distance & forgiving you need to give the Vseries a hard look.

Absolutely love my X2Hot 5W - super easy to hit from the fairway or rough and it stays on line.

v series is my vote. I almost bought it the first time I hit it and would have if my wife wasnt there with me haha

I have a BB 3 wood you are welcome to have. All I ask is that if you do not like, pay it forward and give it to another THP'er.
If your interested, PM me your shipping address

So I am in the market for a new FW wood. Over the winter I redid my bag from top to bottom less putter. I have in my mind narrowed it down to a few models that I plan to go hit tomorrow on my off day. I was wanting to gather others thoughts and opinions on them before I go tomorrow. Here is the models which are all Callaway since I guess I am drinking the kool-aide.

815 Fw
XR Pro / Non Pro
V Series
X2hot Pro / Non Pro
Big Bertha

Can I ask a few questions?

Callaway only?

What's your current driver SS?

What shafts is in your driver? Do you like it? If not, what's the issue you're having?

Do you hit your current fairway (or most fairways you've tried) too high/low/left/right?

I have a BB 3 wood you are welcome to have. All I ask is that if you do not like, pay it forward and give it to another THP'er.

Awesome gesture man.

THP at its finest. Well done man, OP I suggest you consider this as the Bertha is a solid offering as i mentioned in my post.

Can I ask a few questions?

Callaway only?

What's your current driver SS?

What shafts is in your driver? Do you like it? If not, what's the issue you're having?

Do you hit your current fairway (or most fairways you've tried) too high/low/left/right?

Can I ask a few questions? Sure

Callaway only? In my mind right now yes but not set in stone

What's your current driver SS? 95-100

What shafts is in your driver? Do you like it? If not, what's the issue you're having? Trinity / Yes / None really with the driver

Do you hit your current fairway (or most fairways you've tried) too high/low/left/right? Don't have one right now

Man yea that'd be sweet. This is why I love the people at THP

I liked the g30 but not as much as the nike vapor. Lots of good options out there used and new

Yea I am not set in stone on Callaway

Can I ask a few questions? Sure

Callaway only? In my mind right now yes but not set in stone

What's your current driver SS? 95-100

What shafts is in your driver? Do you like it? If not, what's the issue you're having? Trinity / Yes / None really with the driver

Do you hit your current fairway (or most fairways you've tried) too high/low/left/right? Don't have one right now

Cool, well with all that said, it really just depends :) I for example have the X2 Hot pro shaft (Aldila tour green) in the non-pro head. To me, there is a pleasant simplicity in having a non-adjustable fairway wood. As you get accustomed to it, you don't feel the need to tweak it, you just know how it's going to go. I really like the XR fairway, but would order a different shaft (one that better fits me).

The 815 is the best fairway wood that I have ever hit.

I tried everything you listed but the X2Hot line and had the best results with the XR & XR Pro. The non-pro was a little too high, but I went with it anyway because I had a different shaft for it.

I just picked up a Cobra BioCell with the stock stiff for $90 from RBG and was killing it today off the tee. Very solid club and can be had very cheaply.

I've hit all of those except the X2Hots. For a fairway I look for ease of use and something that gets the ball up well. For me the V-Series leads in that category, I'm constantly surprised at how well the 3w launches. I also really like the turf interaction of the warbird sole.

Back