Fairway Wood Advice

I love my 815s. But they are not a super forgiving FW. They are a smaller head. But the moveable weights can really dial in ball flight.

I like reading these threads. I am on the market for a new 3 wood. Been playing a hand me down geek golf 3 wood with a pro force v2 shaft. I like it but feel there has to be better out there. Just so many options. How is the big Bertha compared to the taylormade stuff?

Let me tell you that I am hitting the XR Pro 16*(4 wood) a MILE(260 off the tee)! I love the smaller head size and the distance and direction have been incredible for me (NebGolfer and Puttin4Bird can verify). It has been easy to hit off the tee and off the deck. I honestly can't give it enough praise. I know Kang (kc720) hits the regular XR the same way. Truly a great club and has performed outstandingly in my bag.... so much so that I'm thinking about picking up the 14* and using it as my driver. I'm not saying you have to have it.... But GIVE IT A TRY! :) I bet you love it. Keep in mind the non-pro will fly higher than the pro...

So I am in the market for a new FW wood. Over the winter I redid my bag from top to bottom less putter. I have in my mind narrowed it down to a few models that I plan to go hit tomorrow on my off day. I was wanting to gather others thoughts and opinions on them before I go tomorrow. Here is the models which are all Callaway since I guess I am drinking the kool-aide.

815 Fw
XR Pro / Non Pro
V Series
X2hot Pro / Non Pro
Big Bertha

Heavenwood.

Still playing my 910F and can't see any reason to replace it anytime soon.

Still playing my 910F and can't see any reason to replace it anytime soon.
Used to play one of those - solid club. But the 915F is a SERIOUS step up, IMO. You should take a look, they are excellent.

I've played a lot of the Callaway FWs over the years. My favorite was the Optiforce. Having said that, I'm currently playing the Cleveland 588s. If you're open to other OEMs, that is a line that I'd check out. They look great, and put up some great #s (particularly for the < 100 MPH swing speed crowd) and can't be beat price wise.

Happy hunting! That's a good part of the fun anyways.

I've tried hitting a 3-4 different FW's with no success. I tried out the V series 3W a month ago at GS and absolutely love it! From the deck or the tee it performs. It's the first club I've hit that I just feel like I'm swinging the club and the ball happened to get in the way. A smooth easy stroke produces a solid semi high ball flight that averages 210 yards right down the middle for me.

Love my X2hot 5 deep. Easy to hit off tee and fairway, good distance effortlessly.

Last years Bug Bertha is ridiculous, amazing club and so easy to hit off the deck it's not even funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your open to suggestions give the G25 a whirl. I love the stock shaft they are using in them. Hit the 4 wood a ton in a simulator. Just not any better than my K15 5 wood. Feel is great, solid and smooth (to me). Never got along with the X series woods. But that's just me.

Mark Shuman

I love the 815. Shallower profile works great for me off the deck and also off the tee if I need it. It's a high, straight club for me.

Guys I want to say sposey013168 is the man. The big bertha he sent me is like new and I cant thank him enough for his generosity. Thank you kind sir and if you ever need anything you got it.

Back