Review Fall 2019 Callaway Golf "Weather Series" Apparel - THP Review

So, having worn a couple of the pieces this weekend I’d like to amend one of my previous initial statements a bit.

While the fit to size is better, the two 1/4 zips specifically are still on the bigger than side of things upon longer and closer look. For me that’s likely that they’re still much more of a boxy cut in the core of the articles. I don’t expect a lot of taper in them, but some was anticipated since they’re layering items.

Materials get a big thumbs up so far though, seems to have been some significant strides made there.

What temps were you wearing them in, and were they enough to keep you warm(ish)?

What temps were you wearing them in, and were they enough to keep you warm(ish)?
Mid layer in the 50’s and 60’s yesterday, it’s what it claims to be, lightweight layering article so it’ll depend on your personal cold tolerance. It’s thin and a poly based material that breathes while still giving some wind shield.

The Ottoman is your warm and fuzzy one. Thick, dense, material. Wore it the other morning running errands when it was still in the 30’s and 40’s in the morning. No complaints as to the warmth there.

So, having worn a couple of the pieces this weekend I’d like to amend one of my previous initial statements a bit.

While the fit to size is better, the two 1/4 zips specifically are still on the bigger than side of things upon longer and closer look. For me that’s likely that they’re still much more of a boxy cut in the core of the articles. I don’t expect a lot of taper in them, but some was anticipated since they’re layering items.

Materials get a big thumbs up so far though, seems to have been some significant strides made there.

That was my experience with the Callaway apparel we received at the Grandaddy last year. It's light years ahead of where they were just a few years ago in terms of fit but still a little baggier than what I normally would pick out. Not bad at all, just a little more loose.

That was my experience with the Callaway apparel we received at the Grandaddy last year. It's light years ahead of where they were just a few years ago in terms of fit but still a little baggier than what I normally would pick out. Not bad at all, just a little more loose.
Yeah. It’s improved every year for sure, our year everything was very tent-ish which was great for the big guys on the team but not what I’m accustomed to.

This is better again, and maybe what the masses of their audience want in sizing/shape.

That is a disappointment on the sizing. Damn.

I'm probably the only one with this opinion, but I like it when the sleeves from my elbow down to my wrist are very snug (sort of like 3rd photo).
I don't get why you would want to wear something like the fit in the 2nd pic. Looks comfy, but I wouldn't wear that for golf me thinks.

I like a little snug from the elbows down, but there's definitely "too snug" out there. Last year I bought a great midweight Nike pullover that fit nicely, but admittedly I was a bit hasty when trying it on in the store. I wore it to the course and got on the tee box and, as I always do, I pushed the sleeves up away from my wrists a little bit. Or at least I tried to do that. The material in these sleeves had zero give. I don't have Popeye forearms by any means, but the sleeves wouldn't budge. I mean AT ALL. Like the material had steel in it or something. I've never seen such a thing. I took it off and never wore it again.

I am too.

But, you also have to remember, some of us don't look good in an article that is like wearing sausage casing. ;)

Why did you look at me when you said this?

Don't get me wrong, I very much believe its improved, its not blouse like as they were in the past, but they're definitely still traditional in fit, if you are a tailored fit guy it might not be what you are looking for.

they do offer a "slim fit" option for alot of popular pieces on their website for those at prefer a tapered fit.

First time ever, but noticed in the PGA Superstore last week that Callaway had a pretty good section in the store.

Last edited:
they do offer a "slim fit" option for alot of popular pieces on their website for those at prefer a tapered fit.
Was actually about to come back in and mention this as I noticed it when I was perusing the site for stock photos of the articles I got in.

Very cool to see, its not a broad selection, but it is a selection nonetheless!

Thanks for all of the great feedback here Team THP! Feel free to send any questions my way and I'd be happy to answer.

Thanks for all of the great feedback here Team THP! Feel free to send any questions my way and I'd be happy to answer.
Alex!

I like the look of each piece. Everything looks pretty fitted, so I'm guessing they have some stretch to them? I really, really like the jacket and that last 1/4 zip! :love:

The weather here has been....back and forth, haha.

I’ve now gotten some wear on everything and the star for me is actually the vest which is shocking for me to accept as a long time anti vest guy. Wore it to school yesterday and it was perfect.

The more I wear and have washed them all now, I stand by them being a little boxier still. Not near what it was, but absent any real notable taper. Honestly, that’s probably good for most people so it’s a wise decision, especially since it’s not AS big as they were in past years.

Im impressed. They’ve made more strides than I expected.

Oh, and the rain coat is effing amazing.

Been wearing the mid weight 1/4 zip and I am impressed.

Been wearing the mid weight 1/4 zip and I am impressed.
I’ve been impressed overall. It’s not my size/cut preference, but materials, looks, and sizing in general are vastly improved.

Back