Golf Ghost

Reaction score
With many of us having to layer up this time of year, what's everyone's go-to piece (1/4 zip, v-neck, vest, jacket, etc)???

I can't help by low my old man crew neck sweaters in earth tones.

Gotta love earth tones ;)

For me it's 1/4 zip all the way. Especially around 50's/60's the THP 1/4 zips are perfect.

Played last Sunday at 50*, perfect for shorts, and a 1/4 zip fleece. I don't generally wear shorts until it stays below 50

1/4 zips for me for the fall, as it gets colder I’ll add a base layer too.

Depending on temp, it’s either a 1/4 zip or a vest (1/4 zip or v-neck).

Once the temp is below 50-55, I’m staying in.

I prefer layers without the 1/4 zip, basically due to the zipper under the chin. Its a consistent problem moreso skiing and more active outdoor sports, but also in golf that I put up with and definitely wear them regularly, but my ultimate are sweaters / quilted layers without zippers. The final outer later is permitted the have a zipper. The remaining layers, ideally, should not.

I'm finding wool toasty lately, bonus points for wool.

1/4 zip for me. It was 72 today but it looks like highs in the 40's and some snow flurries this weekend. I'm not ready for all the courses closing in the next 30 days!

With many of us having to layer up this time of year, what's everyone's go-to piece (1/4 zip, v-neck, vest, jacket, etc)???

I can't help by low my old man crew neck sweaters in earth tones.

Usually for me it goes

early fall: polo and vest

Colder fall polo 1/4

really cold : mockneck polo/LS or SS/ vest/1/4 zip then a jacket

I prefer layers without the 1/4 zip, basically due to the zipper under the chin. Its a consistent problem moreso skiing and more active outdoor sports, but also in golf that I put up with and definitely wear them regularly, but my ultimate are sweaters / quilted layers without zippers. The final outer later is permitted the have a zipper. The remaining layers, ideally, should not.

I'm finding wool toasty lately, bonus points for wool.

As performance materials become more popular, when it gets chilly I find myself reaching for wool and cottons. Just don't find myself being as cozy in performance sweaters.

Back