Fancy or frequent

G-Man

Working on being better in '23!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As I sit on the couch watching Genesis and the pristine condition available at these fine courses throughout the country it brought a question... would you choose to play a a limited number of times a year at pristine clubs or would you opt to play a few times a week at a very playable local municipal course.

Hence the post fancy or frequent?

I would say frequent since this is what I do now. Don’t get to play pristine that often anyways!

The best topic I’ve seen in a while on THP. Great question.

I’d probably elect the limited times per year at pristine courses. Playing crappy conditions or average courses 2x per week isn’t anymore fun just because I play it more often. I’d rather play fewer times with higher quality

I would rather play frequently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think I would go with frequent as well. Enjoy getting out with friends as much as I enjoy the course itself.

As I sit on the couch watching Genesis and the pristine condition available at these fine courses throughout the country it brought a question... would you choose to play a a limited number of times a year at pristine clubs or would you opt to play a few times a week at a very playable local municipal course.

Hence the post fancy or frequent?
I'd be a late afternoon hot deal golfer long before a limited round player.

That said, it's tough to put a price on pace of play.

Frequent is me.

Frequent, and it's not even close. That's not to say a membership at a private course is out of the question, but it wouldn't be for pristine conditions.

I love playing golf so I would rather be on a goat ranch every day. The conditions don't make golf better or worse IMO. They are just another obstacle.

Frequency without a doubt. I would drive my wife crazy if I only played a few times a year.

As many rounds as possible at a lesser course.

I really miss being an every day player. Miss it SO MUCH.

Frequent, for sure.

Why not both?

(def. frequent) playing a nice course is good and all, but if your a hacker like myself I'm not getting the joy it deserves when playing it.

I'm not able to play weekly as it is, so I'd definitely say, fancy.

I'm on the same page as wubears...is both an option? :) Just kidding, I'd pick frequent.

Frequent for me.

I'll take frequent and various for $500.00 Alex! ;)

I don’t get to play very often with three little ones at home, but being in the golf business has given me the opportunity to spend those few rounds on some nice courses.

I'll opt for frequent !!!

Frequent for me. And there are a ton of different courses around here that if I could play daily I’d be a happy man

Back