Farmers Insurance Open [SPOILERS]

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't ever pick the person who won the week before. Just because they had success on one course doesn't mean they will anywhere else. Look at the last few years' leaderboards....
I have a feeling Vegas will be top 30 but your right, no way he repeats. Also, I'm curious why people are picking camillo. What's he done.

Off topic- I got to watch Jhonattan Vegas at the Cox Classic here in omaha and followed him for 5 holes. Really cool watching him win on tv now.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
My systematically chosen team is:

Tiger Woods
Keegan Bradley
Steve Marino
Y.E. Yang
Chris Riley
Matt McQuillan
Camilo Villegas
Paul Goydos
Dustin Johnson
Martin Laird

discovergolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I hope DJ gets his act together but I have a feeling we won't and as for Tiger i'm not holding my breath that this will be his comeback tournament, he lost my vote after loosing the Chevron Challenge. But I do think that Bill Haas and Ben Crane might have a great at Torrey Pines

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Will Dustin Johnson be over his "family issues" and bring it at a course he is known to dominate? And the even bigger question....will Tiger Woods start off 2011 with a win?
Since when has Dustin Johnson dominated this course? He hasn't won this event....now when they go to Pebble Beach in a couple of weeks, he has dominated that event in the last 2 years.

Also, I'm taking Tiger no matter what this week. The last 5 times he's played at Torrey Pines, he's won!!! Yes, all of that was pre-2009, but still, he's got some good mojo at Torrey Pines, he knows how to play well in this tournament.

JNRadio

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I hope DJ gets his act together but I have a feeling we won't and as for Tiger i'm not holding my breath that this will be his comeback tournament, he lost my vote after loosing the Chevron Challenge. But I do think that Bill Haas and Ben Crane might have a great at Torrey Pines
After winning twice, being in the running at two majors and winning 4.5M last year what exactly about his act does DJ need to get together?

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
I wouldn't pick Villegas either. 2 MC's and a DQ.....not real impressive. Picked him at first, and thought about it and went with Webb Simpson...who has had two cuts made and two solid weeks

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
He's gotta win to earn my trust back into my lineup. Or atleast several top 10s. IDK about RoninThornton, but that's my approach...
I'm thinking mid season at the earliest before he gets a top 3, end of summer before a win

Shankopotamus

Reaction score
Handicap
My swing !
I find it AMAZING that the Vegas line has TW at 3-1 !!! You can't ignore those numbers, but I'm guessing it has more to do with weight of betting than reality.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I find it AMAZING that the Vegas line has TW at 3-1 !!! You can't ignore those numbers, but I'm guessing it has more to do with weight of betting than reality.
Those are better odds than I would give him. But I'm still going to take him every time he tees it up. Odds are he's making the cut, at least, which is better than what four of my guys did last week.

Now to decide on my other nine.

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
After winning twice, being in the running at two majors and winning 4.5M last year what exactly about his act does DJ need to get together?
His personal issues. Whatever was wrong he needs to clear out of his mind. Golf channel says he has so we will see.

SPG40

Reaction score
Handicap
Hate to admit it, but I think Tiger has a great chance here this week.Tiger has played very well at Torrey Pines in the last few years. Here's hoping Phil plays well at Torrey Pines and starts off the tour season with a win!

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
Is it too obvious that I went with Tiger, Phil and DJ? I had to do it.

JNRadio

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
His personal issues. Whatever was wrong he needs to clear out of his mind. Golf channel says he has so we will see.
haha I wish I had his "issues" making a boatload of money playing golf and having beautiful women claiming they are in a "relationship" with me:bananadance::bananadance:

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
haha I wish I had his "issues" making a boatload of money playing golf and having beautiful women claiming they are in a "relationship" with me:bananadance::bananadance:
Haaha same, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who loves the spot light.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn't pick Phil and I keep going back to take him, but I just have too many that I personally like better. Damn it, I don't want to second guess myself.

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I was just reading the Golf Channel power rankings and they have Tiger listed as #1. Do you agree and how many are picking Tiger for your fantasy team? He has won here 7 times! Thats hard to ignore.

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Kevin -- I got to pick him on my team. Tiger is no doubt going to finish in the top 10 or better at Torrey Pines.

I can't bet against him not gaining back the #1 spot however I don't agree to him being #1 yet.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Kevin -- I got to pick him on my team. Tiger is no doubt going to finish in the top 10 or better at Torrey Pines.
Gray, Im thinking the same thing, regardless of the "is he back or not" argument he has done too well to ignore him this week.

Shankopotamus

Reaction score
Handicap
My swing !
Field Updates:

Steve Elkington W/D after deadline
Ricky Barnes W/D after deadline
Jeff Klauk W/D after deadline

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
Field Updates:

Steve Elkington W/D after deadline
Ricky Barnes W/D after deadline
Jeff Klauk W/D after deadline
I won't be taking R Barnes again for a while after last week. Also am I the only one who took Ben Crane? After seeing his funny videos last week, he moved up in my eyes just because of the fun factor.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
I have Ben Crane in my field. He seem's to do well at this event and I really want to see big thing long term from this guy.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
I won't be taking R Barnes again for a while after last week. Also am I the only one who took Ben Crane? After seeing his funny videos last week, he moved up in my eyes just because of the fun factor.
I also took Crane...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in