Farmers Insurance Open [SPOILERS]

Can anyone watching tell me what Dustin Johnson just got a penalty stroke for?

Dustin's tee shot went way left off the tee on the 4th hole. Not sure if it was unplayable, but he took a penalty and drop. From @pgatour on Twitter

My pick of Robert Garrigus is not working out well, he's 5-over at this point. At least I have Mahan, Fowler, and Haas on my team!

Yah garrigus will never compete on a course like this.

I went with Garrigus. Figured his length off the tee would be useful... I guess not.

I went with Garrigus. Figured his length off the tee would be useful... I guess not.

I purposely stayed away from the big bombers this time around (it's normally good at Torrey) since all week we've been hearing how the rough is at US Open length. I'm kicking myself for not picking Mahan right now (I thought he might still be in a little post marital bliss). To shoot that low on the South course is a good sign.

Rickie Fowler is rockin the pink. Justing Rose and Dustin Johnson are wearing ghost clothes. Ha.

Rickie Fowler today: Pink hat, pink shirt, white pants, pink shoes. No way I could pull that off, but he's looking good!

I purposely stayed away from the big bombers this time around (it's normally good at Torrey) since all week we've been hearing how the rough is at US Open length. I'm kicking myself for not picking Mahan right now (I thought he might still be in a little post marital bliss). To shoot that low on the South course is a good sign.

I was going to pick Mahan too. But didn't. :dohanim: I didn't think of the rough. I've got to look at these things more carefully!

Last edited:
It seems like all of the Taylormade staff guys are wearing all-white clothing today to go along with the R11. Of course, Faldo is gushing over it, which is expected as he's endorsed by Taylormade.

AK is gaming R11 rescue...

Out of the top 10 and almost to page 3 of the leaderboard . . .

Ahhh, the joys of Day 1!

I LOLed at Justin Rose and Dustin Johnson wearing the exact same outfit. There seems too be a lot of white with Taylormade.

Also, did Tiger change fairway woods?

Gotta say, Tiger's swing is looking good.

Anthony Kim on the last few holes is putting on a great example of how a good short game can keep a good round going, he's scrambling all over the place.

Nice birdie-birdie finish for John Daly. He shoots 67 (-5), which is the best round of the day so far on the tougher South Course. Remember, he won this event in 2004. Of course, this was the event last year where he missed the cut and then said he was going to quit the game in the parking lot after his second round, so he's seen highs and lows at this event.

Ah yes, the PGA Tour season is officially underway, Tiger just dropped his first F-bomb after a bad shot.

Ah yes, the PGA Tour season is officially underway, Tiger just dropped his first F-bomb after a bad shot.

Good to see Tiger's finally back. Now we have entertaining television again. :popcorn:

Looks like DJ is finally getting more comfortable out there.

Nice birdie-birdie finish for John Daly. He shoots 67 (-5), which is the best round of the day so far on the tougher South Course. Remember, he won this event in 2004. Of course, this was the event last year where he missed the cut and then said he was going to quit the game in the parking lot after his second round, so he's seen highs and lows at this event.
i didnt pick him based on the wd last year. my mistake

i didnt pick him based on the wd last year. my mistake

Maybe . . . he still has to play round two. Then maybe two more. He has possibly 54 more chances to put up an 18 again.

Insult to injury, Garrigus bogeys 18 to finish 6 over. Me thinks he's not making the cut....

Tiger's now 2/2 fairways! Positive start. Wonder if he'll miss one all year long?

Looks like he only hit three more fairways all day. The stats show his Fairways Hit percentage at 35.7%.

But he hit 78% of the greens. Good for -3 today.

Back