Tour Event Farmers Insurance Open

OITW

Reaction score
Dates: Jan 23th- 26th

Course: Torrey Pines South 7,968 Par 72 (and North Course 7,528 Par 72)
South and North Course is played Thursday/Friday - South Course is Saturday/Sunday

Defending Champion: Justin Rose - makes his first start this year here.

Notable Players: TIGER Effing WOODS (could break Sneads record if the 7x winner hoists the silverware this week), Rose, Rors, Day (first start since WD from President's Cup), Snedeker, Stallings (past winner), Mickelson (3x winner) and Rahm (first tour win was here) - STACKED field.

Purse: $7,500,000

FedEx Cup Points: 500

72 Hole Scoring Record: 266 George Burns 1987 and Tiger Woods 1999

Coverage Schedule:

TELEVISION:
Thursday-Friday, 3-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1-2:45 p.m. ET (Golf Channel), 3-6 p.m. ET (CBS). Sunday, 1-2:45 p.m. ET (Golf Channel), 3-6:30 p.m. ET (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: (Featured Groups, Featured Holes) Thursday-Friday 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. ET. Saturday, 10:30 a.m.- 6 p.m. ET. Sunday, 11:15 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET.

RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1 p.m.-7 p.m. ET. Saturday, 1 p.m.-6 p.m. ET. Sunday, 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m. ET

Super Pumped for Tiger to make his 2020 debut this week!

I always tune in for this one.

I dont know why Tiger plays here anymore honestly. With the rough and the cold San Diego mornings it has to wreak havoc on his back.

I dont know why Tiger plays here anymore honestly. With the rough and the cold San Diego mornings it has to wreak havoc on his back.

I think this is the first time in years, he's truly healthy for this one and like most of the wins of his career he does it at certain tracks, I think he gives it a good shot at it.

Super Pumped for Tiger to make his 2020 debut this week!

I always tune in for this one.
You and me both. Thinking it could be a big year for Tiger. He’s looked good recently.

Glutes must be firing. And the golf course looks good and his swing feels good.

Has anyone else played Torey Pines. I got to try it out a century ago and the one thing I remember is the ice plant in the rough. My ball could be sitting up on it as if on a tee and I would completely miss it. That stuff has some black magic going on.

Excited to see Tiger & Torrey Pines. One of my favorite events outside of Major’s.

Super pumped for this. Torrey always looks amazing, strong field, and Tiger an opportunity to make history.

Has anyone else played Torey Pines. I got to try it out a century ago and the one thing I remember is the ice plant in the rough. My ball could be sitting up on it as if on a tee and I would completely miss it. That stuff has some black magic going on.

Between that and the rough there, give me the pine straw any day of the week. It is brutal, definitely makes the course play longer than it is (regardless of tees)

Always love watching the Pros play Torrey.

Will be exciting to see how Tiger starts off the year.

This should be a great event. Best field of the season so far that's for sure. It will probably be the best field till we get to Florida for Bay Hill.

A great field on a great course on a non-football weekend and it’s winter where I am, so I’ll be watching.

over under on Tiger being part of a featured group?? haha.

I see that yardage and just makes me :sick:

A great field on a great course on a non-football weekend and it’s winter where I am, so I’ll be watching.

This is me. Excited to watch Tiger as part of the feature groups - should make work bearable on Thursday/Friday afternoon!

On my way there now, I’ll see if can get photos of the rough cause as of 3 weeks ago it was beyond brutal

6321BCCC-81F2-4A49-B57A-5DADA7BEF49E.jpeg

I wonder if I could play hookey from work and head down...i'd make it a 2-for-1...catch some live action and hit CC on the way.

I'll watch. I don't necessarily have a favorite though. I tend to lean towards left handed players not named Bubba.

I wonder if I could play hookey from work and head down...i'd make it a 2-for-1...catch some live action and hit CC on the way.

Do it!

This one always feels like the start of the golf season than any other tournament

Also Spieth is making his debut:

Back