Fast and Furious 9

They reuse the footage of his death in Furious 7 though, where he is killed by Deckard Shaw, whose mother is in this movie. When do they bring time travel into the equation?

The whole thing has gotten crazy.... I don't even know anymore, I don't watch it for the plot :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Are we talking about the part with him and his kid on the iPad? Because at first I thought it was the guy at the BBQ but those are the guys from TD! That's sooo cool! I was smiling the whole trailer. I don't care if other people think these are dumb, I'm all in for it!
Yea IMDb credits Bow Wow and Lucas Black in this one, but the mechanic guy is the only one I’ve recognized so far in the trailer.

The whole thing has gotten crazy.... I don't even know anymore, I don't watch it for the plot :LOL::ROFLMAO:
That much we can all agree on! 😆

Nah. I'll pass. I don't remember the last one I saw... it may be mindless entertainment but I'm not interested in the franchise anymore.

Having just watched the trailer a couple of things come to mind...

#1. The overhead shot of the cars in the mountains... didn't I see that in another movie?

#2. Who's the chick with the bowl cut? What's with the bowl cut?

#3. The long truck scene... Deadpool 2 did it better. And was snarkier.

The trailer reinforced that I don't want to see this movie... and Jon Cena needs a purple cow on his dashboard... for when he hits his NOS.. it can say "BOOST!":ROFLMAO:
Whoa, the chick with the bowl cut is Charlize Theron. As for why she has the bowl cut, I can’t say for sure, but she is pretty crazy in the movies so that could have something to do with it.

Gotcha... So how does that fit with Nine then? Seems that Han is alive, but Brian is not. I must be missing something
No idea how Han is alive again but I'm sure we will find out lol

Also Brian is alive since he's shown on the ipad with his kid but the last movie he was actually in was Furious 7 (RIP Paul Walker)

Yea IMDb credits Bow Wow and Lucas Black in this one, but the mechanic guy is the only one I’ve recognized so far in the trailer.
Pause at :10 of the trailer and all three TD members are there

No idea how Han is alive again but I'm sure we will find out lol

Also Brian is alive since he's shown on the ipad with his kid but the last movie he was actually in was Furious 7 (RIP Paul Walker)

Pause at :10 of the trailer and all three TD members are there
Oh man I didn’t recognize Bow Wow and thought Lucas Black was Paul’s brother! 🤦‍♂️ The facial hair threw me off! I’m glad they’re not writing Brian back into the series, it would be a disservice to Paul Walker. The end of the 7th one was heart wrenching and a nice tribute.

I watched The Fast and the Furious.
I watched 2 Fast 2 Furious.

I have not seen a single one in the franchise since. Everything seems way too fantastical, though I can generally appreciate movies for what they are.

At this point - I think they are using this movie to launder money..... :rolleyes:

Tokyo Drift is technically the "newest" movie, hence why Han isn't dead.

The timeline doesn't align with all of the movies, I am guessing at some point they thought Tokyo Drift might be the last one....

Regardless, It is a day 1 watch for me.
When we did Tokyo Drift back in 2005/6 it was not supposed to be the last one, but rather a reboot (if you will) of the underlying theme. The Vin Diesel cameo in the picture was meant to be a nod to the next generation. The idea didn't take off like the studio had hoped and the franchise was declared dead.

It wasn't until late 2007 when Diesel approached Universal with the idea of a continuation of the original film - making FF4 more of a sequel to FF1 rather than the 4th installment in the series. Luckily for Diesel (and the studio, Justin Lin, Terry Leonard, et al.) that picture did in fact resonate with audiences who were happy to see it brought into the modern filmmaking world - and thus Vin Diesel's career was saved and legacy was set.

For those of you saying the trailer is wild, give the F&F ride at Universal Studios a go. I think @mmaynard11 may have just done it. Virtual Vin Diesel literally jumps from a car and grabs a helicopter! Like a kit jumping on the money bars at recess! Its crazy, but its also fun.

Best part of the ride is the walk in line. Part of it is around a picnic table with a corona on it. Like bringing back my childhood.

Going to be a bad bad movie, but lots of action and crazy stunts. Looking for just a fun movie it will be worth watching.

What fuk did I just watch? Its like 29 action movies just vomited into my eyeballs

Looks cool tho

This is one series of movies that I never got into. I am a car guy, but this series never made sense to me after I watched the 1st one.

I don't care who is alive or dead or how ridiculous they get. I am in for any FF movie opening day for the rest of time.

Best part of the ride is the walk in line. Part of it is around a picnic table with a corona on it.
I definitely thought the waiting in line was better than the ride :LOL:

For those of you saying the trailer is wild, give the F&F ride at Universal Studios a go. I think @mmaynard11 may have just done it. Virtual Vin Diesel literally jumps from a car and grabs a helicopter! Like a kit jumping on the money bars at recess! Its crazy, but its also fun.

Best part of the ride is the walk in line. Part of it is around a picnic table with a corona on it. Like bringing back my childhood.
Yep...agree with @BigDill the best part of that ride was the walk. I mean unless you like experiencing Fast & Furious on a bus. Cmon put me in a fast car!!!

Back