Favorite Adapter?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Nike had the best one of all.

I like the options available on the Titleist adapter, but prefer the Callaway dual-cog for simplicity.

Cobra is the worst by far.

Any adapter that doesn’t cause the grip to turn.

For present day though, Callaway dual cog.

Really any adapter that does not change the shaft orientation. Callway Optifit and the Hogan adapter are two that I have used in the last couple of years that fit that bill.

Callaway as far as I am concern. Adjustability independent of shaft rotation? Yes please.

I just like the ones where I can use the same wrench for multiple brands.

Callaway for me

I like the options available on the Titleist adapter, but prefer the Callaway dual-cog for simplicity.

Cobra is the worst by far.
Cleveland Srixon says HAAAYYYYY! :p

Nike all time best.

Callaway for leaving the grip in the same way you put it.

Cleveland Srixon says HAAAYYYYY! :p
I'll concede. I haven't used or tried a Cleveland/Srixon driver since the glory days of Classic 290s and Kusala Blues.

I’ve never had a different shaft or adapter other than what came stock. 😐

Titleist has the most options, but I really like the Callaway system best. The grip doesn't need to be changed out when you change settings. That is the best feature. With Titleist it's basically $10 bucks to change settings if you don't have a tour velvet type grip.

I’m liking the new ST adapter from Mizuno but struggling to find some that are true OEM.

Titleist new adapter is better than the older model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callaway dual cog is the shizzle

The Callaway Opti Fit is the best. Helps swap out and test shafts without worrying about the grip or anything else.

Really any adapter that does not change the shaft orientation. Callway Optifit and the Hogan adapter are two that I have used in the last couple of years that fit that bill.

The Callaway adapter does cause the shaft to turn unless I am using it wrong somehow. I have shafts that came with an align grip on them and when I set the club at my setting -1 D the align grip is mis aligned.

Callaway is the best for ease of use, the Honma is nice that the shaft does not rotate just like the Callaway but it is not intuitive to use IMO.

The Callaway adapter does cause the shaft to turn unless I am using it wrong somehow. I have shafts that came with an align grip on them and when I set the club at my setting -1 D the align grip is mis aligned.

Unless they changed adapters with the Mavrik, I never have seen that happen with the dual COG adapter that they had been using for 5+ years.

That shouldn’t be happening. The cogs move, not the shaft orientation.

Only used Titleist, Cobra & Taylormade but I really like the Titleist adapter because the shaft doesn't change.

Callaway is my favorite since the shaft orientation stays the same. Taylor Made Is also very easy to use, but you need to rotate the shaft.

Back