Favorite aspect of Team Golf vs Individual Golf

I'm the guy that roots for everyone in my group (against my own interests if there's money involved). I like to see people succeed at this game (even if it's only a handful or even one brilliant shot in the round).

What makes team golf so fun is that I have someone to root for in my own best interest other than myself. And, honestly, who doesn't like being part of a team (even if your team is horrible)? It's a group of players with a common interest and a common goal. That environment can bring out the best of us as players (and admittedly some of the worst, as people, if someone is too much of a Richard).

I like playing as a solo against a score or player also. If for, nothing else than, a barometer. But, in the end, that's all it ever really amounts to. 🤷‍♂️
Glue guy! Every team needs one!

Team golf is great because 95% of the golf I play is solitary. Fun to have people to lift you up, and to be able to lift them up. Plus the excitement of reliving the round afterward is much better. Overall I think its just a multiplier for the round.

The camaraderie of the partnership and with our opponents. Experiencing the support, energy and optimism of a teammate. One of the great things about THP team events I’ve seen but not yet experienced is getting those same things from your opponent. Knowing my partner can pick me up on a bad hole and vice versa. The joy of winning or, if necessary, the respect and grace in losing well, whether given or received.

Team golf is fantastic! Picking each other up and the strategy makes it special. You have to try you best but don't get too down over bad shots or you'll really spiral down in a hurry. The bonds you form are forever.

I like that it elevates my concern beyond me and my score. I like to go into caddie / hole strategy mode and kick around ideas or just reinforce what someone already knows.

Back