Favorite Baseball Player Of All Time

Always loved Rockin Robin Yount!

052F1EFE-6366-4955-BC2B-E762C427CDC8.jpeg

For me it's Pete Rose and Michael Jack Schmidt. The hit king and the best 3rd basemen of all time.

Will Clark. Tried to become a lefty to copy his swing.

Attachments

• Will Clark.jpg
    Will Clark.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1
Barry Larkin and Griffey Jr

Pete Rose. Guts and hustle. Played all out and was all in all the time. My Dad was from Cincinnati. I wore the number 14 all my years of playing ball.

4e7fa91eda3c5.image.jpg

.... And it is not even close.
I agree. My second is Ozzie Smith because I was young when he was in his prime. Seeing Pujols live in his prime was insane.

Vin Scully

Edgar used to destroy the Yankees. Dude was such a good hitter.
As an LA kid I was National League / no DH all the way. Then I move to Portland where we get Mariner’s games. Over time Edgar’s sweet swing eventually changed my mind about the DH. That guy was so freaking good at hitting a ball…

Wow. Already a lot of great names in here. Looking back I'm not sure what put me onto him, but I was always a fan of the original "pudge"
download.jpeg.jpg

Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson are the first that come to mind

Rickiey Henderson by a large margin.

Bagwell Jeff_4_Bat_NBLMangin.jpg

Probably Tim Lincecum. Such a great player and so much fire on the mound. I loved watching guys strike out swinging at his change up when it was bouncing in front of the plate.

My childhood favorite was Robby Thompson, a second basemen for the Giants. He had a walk off RBI single in one of my first ever games with my Dad when I was little and I loved him ever since.

The capital punisher.
Spent MANY great days in RFK with my Dad and my hapless Senators. 7247C849-09E8-42B0-BC34-3ECF3C613247.jpegBB63236B-39D8-412C-B0D1-5A8AE033A131.jpeg351E1052-4C76-4876-9ACB-FCF25F2B2950.jpegBA3D246C-F777-4BB3-B6B2-4CA67728F16E.jpeg2AF3C95B-1A84-4E1A-BBE6-EC813DD2E869.jpeg
He still lives in the area and from what I’ve read is one of the nicest people you’ll meet.

Attachments

• 7F758B1F-B495-46F6-AFAD-7FEC3633AEC7.jpeg
    7F758B1F-B495-46F6-AFAD-7FEC3633AEC7.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
Willie Mays, no one else is even close!

williemays-swing-Copy.jpg

mlb_mays1_800.jpg

willie-mays-makes-his-famous-catch-off-new-york-daily-news-archive.jpg
Willie Mays was my dads favorite player. We got to sit in a friends box at a Giants game at the Stick once when I was a kid. We couldn't get close to the front so we walked over to the box next door which looked empty. Turns out it was Willie May's private box and he was in there alone. He was the nicest guy in the world about it and my dad and I got to shake his hand and introduce ourselves. It was pretty awesome and I became a huge Willie fan after that even though I wasn't born until well after he retired.

Only 1 acceptable answer for a guy who grew up in NY during the 90s...
Derek Jeter Inspirational Quote Poster Motivational Poster Wall Art Gift, Our Number #1 Best ...jpeg

For a more recent favorite, I'd have to go with Madison Bumgarner. Possibly the most dominant Playoff / World Series pitcher ever, and the rare pitcher in the modern era that could really hit!

gty_612913420_85781501.jpg

usp_mlb-_san_francisco_giants_at_arizona_diamondba.jpg

767076D5-0DB9-496D-9F91-16D141DAD678.jpeg
I grew up close to the border of pa and Ohio so I got to watch a lot of Cleveland Indians games. And there is was this guy named Russell Branyan who seemed to hit a home-run every time he hit the ball. If his bat made contact, it was going over that wall. When he got traded to Cincinnati, I got to watch him even more since he played in the division as the Pittsburgh pirates who were in the same division as the Reds. He had a productive career where he always seemed to hit homers with ease.
His post career is terrible and he seems to be a roider who likes to hit women but I always loved watching him play. He could field and throw and his swing was one of the sweetest I ever saw.

Michael-jordan-baseball-stats-01.jpg

Back