Favorite bets/wagers?

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The recent podcast and subsequent thread between @JB & @golfunfiltered has me really excited.

I like it when stakes are something other than money (that is fun too) and in the past on this forum I have wagered my facial hair against another members facial hair, my forum name for a year as well as my avatar for a time, luckily I won all of those.

Well my favorite bet now is one I recently lost, I went to Oregon State university (not the ducks, the other one) and made a wager with my nephew who currently goes to school there. Over/under for the football season was 2.5 wins (at most Vegas sports books), I said take the under. My Nephew thought they would win 4 games, so I said lets set the line at 3.5 wins, I will take the under. He took the over.

As he is a college student and doesn't have much money and my predilection for odd stakes, I suggested loser has to grow a rat tail. If you don't know what that is, google rat tail haircut.

Fast forward to November 2nd and my beloved beavs won their 4th game of the season and I am googling turtle necks to wear this winter as I grow maybe the grossest haircut I can think of.

Anyway, what is your favorite bet you have made, either for stakes, or on something that most people wouldn't wager on?

Last edited:
Myself and another Cal grad made a bet with two Oregon alums. Whichever team win 2 of the next 3 got a trip to any college game in the CONUS the next year. With the series tied 1-1 and my Bears down 30-0 at the half I thought I was doomed. My bears came through with a last second TD for the biggest comeback in Pac 12 history and a 42-41 W

Myself and another Cal grad made a bet with two Oregon alums. Whichever team win 2 of the next 3 got a trip to any college game in the CONUS the next year. With the series tied 1-1 and my Bears down 30-0 at the half I thought I was doomed. My bears came through with a last second TD for the biggest comeback in Pac 12 history and a 42-41 W

this makes me happy on a variety of levels.

Mine will not reach that level, max is 3".... still, 3" is LONG if you ask me.
I think a rat tail needs to be a min of 6" otherwise it is only a mouse tail. Just my opinion :)

The recent podcast and subsequent thread between @JB & @golfunfiltered has me really excited.

I like it when stakes are something other than money (that is fun too) and in the past on this forum I have wagered my facial hair against another members facial hair, my forum name for a year as well as my avatar for a time, luckily I won all of those.

Well my favorite bet now is one I recently lost, I went to Oregon State university (not the ducks, the other one) and made a wager with my nephew who currently goes to school there. Over/under for the football season was 2.5 wins (at most Vegas sports books), I said take the under. My Nephew thought they would win 4 games, so I said lets set the line at 3.5 wins, I will take the under. He took the over.

As he is a college student and doesn't have much money and my predilection for odd stakes, I suggested loser has to grow a rat tail. If you don't know what that is, google rat tail haircut.

Fast forward to November 2nd and my beloved beavs won their 4th game of the season and I am googling turtle necks to wear this winter as I grow maybe the grossest haircut I can think of.

Anyway, what is your favorite bet you have made, either for stakes, or on something that most people wouldn't wager on?

Please expect an invite to play golf from me in the early January timeframe! I have to see this up close.... :p

On the bet part, I once (game 1 this year) wagered on a Steelers vs Pats football game, but was fully expecting to lose so the bet was merely a dozen golf balls.... no way in hell I'm getting a Pats logo cut into my hair or wearing Pats gear for minute.... the rat tail could be the play though.... goes well with my otherwise semi-bald head :rolleyes:

Back