Favorite Driver Tech?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What’s the driver tech or design feature out there on the market that is your favorite or keeps you the most enamored?

Lighter weights thru newer materials

• Staff
I’m a sucker for these new blends of metals we are seeing used in faces. Titleist and Mizuno come to mind with just how effective it’s been for them.

I also LOVE a good face story, like Tour Edge’s Diamond Face, it’s just killer, and very very real.

Low spin combined with MAX forgiveness.

20210305_172215.jpg

spin robustness. maintaining playable spin across the face, and stability on mishits.

The draw/fade/MOI adjustment stuff is great, but I won't be happy until there's a +/- 20 yards feature.

Deep face, Duh, my forgiveness across said face, then lighter material allowing moved weight to actually be more effective.

the R7, was revolutionary, they say, but if one has an r7 with composites all around then those weights can really help shape a known issue.

Everything in the B21 driver! Also, Diamond face from Tour Edge seems like the real deal.

PXG's multiple weight ports (4 in the 0811X and X+ Prototype drivers; 3 in the 0811 Gen 4) that offer a greater deal of customizing ball flight than a sliding movable weight.

Moveable weight tech. I like being able to shift the CG and to align with your tendencies.

#twistface

Diamond Face 2.0 from Tour Edge. Speed and forgiveness across the face.

The full face, around the edge of the face technology that Cobra has used the last few cycles. It makes the driver face so forgiving. And no sky marks when someone borrow it.

Not tested it yet but I'm intrigued by Diamond Face and will give it a solid opportunity to win out next time I update driver. Of those I've owned, or tested thoroughly, Twist Face and MWT provided the biggest tangible benefits for me. Adjustable loft sleeves can have a significant impact too, obviously.

Last edited:
RADial weighting for me right now. Never had a driver as stable as the RADSPEED XB.

The orange accents on my driver. Or the blue on Mizuno...

The forgiving face of my driver

My RADSpeed driver face. ;)

Cobra's Infinity Face gets my vote. The forgiveness I am seeing on miss hits is phenomenal!

The infinity face on my Cobra RadSpeed XB seems to be the best I've ever played. Forgiving and hot!

Forgiveness across the entire face with minimal distance loss on off center strikes.

Back