Favorite Feature of a Golf Bag

The only thing I truly look for in a bag is a built in valuables pouch. It has to be soft lined and somewhat padded, and not too deep that things clang around.

It's gotta have a 14 way, full length divider system. Also prefer 2 full length side pockets for apparel. While I don't have one currently, the Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag is pretty spot on for me.

A bag is an essential accessory for playing golf. A well-chosen club bag will bring the owner a sense of comfort and harmony with the game.
This accessory is carried in the hands or on the back and on the trolley. Moving across the field without a cart, it is better to choose a model made of lightweight waterproof material, polyurethane, and other lightweight materials. A supplement may be some devices whose purpose is to facilitate the use of this equipment. In this accessory you will put everything that comes in handy for the game.Golf Cart Bags

You must work in product marketing.

Best bags I've ever owned are full size Staff bags. Fantastic build quality. Ease of clubs in and out is unparalleled. Gobs of storage. Downside? big and bulky.

Full length dividers is the #1 item for me.

I play Jumbo grips, and if I don't have full length dividers, I will pull up 5 clubs instead of 1.

I also like 14 slots. Helps me keep track of all my clubs. @LoffKat was using my 60* this weekend, and when I came back to my bag and it wasn't there, I was hyperventilating, even though I knew she had it.

I love the Mizuno Pro 14 way. Its a bit heavier, so if you are a big time walker on a hilly course it may be a bit taxing. You could always get a trolly though. I love the firmer texter. I really like the tight and smooth zippers. It has space for everything and it also looks great. It is a bit on the larger side so it works well with carts, but if you are just going to practice it has legs so you are not constantly standing up your bag.

I feel like it is kinda like having a staff bag without the staff bag stigma. Its great!

1576264246366.png

I love me a dedicated putter well.

It's really going to depend on your application. I walk and ride, and have bags for both. Will leave the divider discussion as it's been beat to death.

Must have:
At least one waterproof pocket to keep my phone, car fob, wallet, etc.
Pocket for miscellaneous golf stuff. Tees, markers, gloves, etc.
Ball pocket
Ability to be mounted on a driving cart or my clic gear.
Walking bag - water bottle holder.

Nice to have:
Cooler pocket. Never used in conjunction with ice but nice to have an insulated pocket to at least keep your drink cold for a little bit if you don't open it right away.
Rangefinder pocket. The magnetic ones are super convenient.

The only thing I truly look for in a bag is a built in valuables pouch. It has to be soft lined and somewhat padded, and not too deep that things clang around.
I second this. I often throw my watch in there and I want to make sure it doesn't get all messed up clanging around. But the MOD pouch on the Ogio bags is amazing. I use the soft one I received from THP and it is now my most important piece of golf equipment, and here is why:

I throw all of my valuables in there. Wallet, keys, GPS units, watch, glasses, anything of value. When I leave my clubs after a round or at a resort for multi-day rounds, it pops off and comes with me. No fiddling around or going into 5 pockets to get what I need. No forgetting any of my valuables. It is amazing.

I second this. I often throw my watch in there and I want to make sure it doesn't get all messed up clanging around. But the MOD pouch on the Ogio bags is amazing. I use the soft one I received from THP and it is now my most important piece of golf equipment, and here is why:

I throw all of my valuables in there. Wallet, keys, GPS units, watch, glasses, anything of value. When I leave my clubs after a round or at a resort for multi-day rounds, it pops off and comes with me. No fiddling around or going into 5 pockets to get what I need. No forgetting any of my valuables. It is amazing.
I use a "service pouch" for storing my watches in my bag. Still only used the soft lined valuables pocket though

rolex_service_pouch_grande.png

I use a "service pouch" for storing my watches in my bag. Still only used the soft lined valuables pocket though

rolex_service_pouch_grande.png
First, nice watch. Second, show off. Third, I need to find a service pouch for my two tone sub. Where do you find one of those things?

First, nice watch. Second, show off. Third, I need to find a service pouch for my two tone sub. Where do you find one of those things?
Ha. That's not my watch. I don't own a GMT. Just two subs and a Milgauss. I bought the two pouches I have on ebay. They were like $25

Everest Bands sells their own version that are not Rolex branded.

I look for a stand bag that is lightweight, has lots of pockets, double straps for when I carry, and something not too loud on the color scale.

Lightweight and a velcro patch for my glove to hang from as, I normally take it off between shots to save my hand from getting too warm. Makes it much easier to reach back and grab it before I get to the ball.

Last edited:
14 way dividers with a separate putter well (for the superstroke)
Separate ball and accessory pockets, big pockets for rain gear.
Valuables pocket (wish they made them lockable)
Cooler pocket for my lunch.
Glove pocket and glove holder.
Big pocket with magnetic cover for rangefinder and glasses.
(Closest to perfect for me is the Callaway Org14, I am on my second one. )

Lots of pockets with 2 way zippers. Lots of other great features mentioned that I would definitely have in my top 5 wants.

I am looking for a stand bag that is light, has between 7 and 14 dividers and is also designed to fit well on a cart or push cart. Still have not found one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me its weight. I usually carry my clubs and a lightweight bag is key. I have a Sun Mountain 2.5 and I can fit a full set in it.

I'm with the crowd that wants the 14-way dividers. I also like the golf glove holder on the bag also.

14 spots full length
designated putter well,
personal pocket for valuables,
ball compartment,
tee pocket,
and shoe compartment

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I like the 14 way top with full length dividers, but Velcro on both sides of the bag to put gloves has become a big want. I also like to have towel clips on both sides of the bag. Dedicated rangefinder pocket is always nice and magnetic closure is pretty sweet.
c130 seems to have that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It’s interesting how polarizing the 14 way dividers are. I walk and I prefer 14 way dividers, although I am not picky. What I don’t do is carry much anymore. I have a Clickgear and an electric pushcart and when using those, the extra pound generally added with a 14 way divider makes no difference to me. A slightly larger bag actually seats better in the electric cart.

Also, there are 14 way divider bags that are not really heavy. The SunMountin 4.5 is a truly great bag, imo. It weighs 4.6 lbs., IIRC.

For me, the truly must have with any bag is a large, insulated pouch for water bottles. I walk a lot in the heat of the summer and go through large quantities of water. It has surprised me how many bags are not really equipped to hold a large, insulated water container. This Hydro Flask is indispensable to me and yet there are quite a few bags that will not store it.72C89CD8-255B-4997-B603-C476AC3BB8FE.jpeg

Back